FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars Galaxies Free Trial!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Cicilion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Star Wars Galaxies Free Trial! Reply with quote

Now available on fileplanet & Star Wars Galaxies dot com!

I've never played Galaxies before, and I'm downloading right now, so I'm pretty anxious to play this MMORPG!

Even though I'll probably never buy it, since I'm just a poor student with too little time for MMO games, I'm definitely looking forward to playing this trial.
And who knows, if I save up some cash..

Now, my question: do you recommend to buy this game? And is there anyone else who is going to download the trial?
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hear, despite the SWG team trying to make changes (again) to the game to make it "better", people are still jumping ship like lemmings. Seems like after the last major combat update they did people've been really pissed at the developers.

I have absolutely zero intention of ever subscribing to this or any other MMORPG, but I'm still going to give the trial a run to see how it is first-hand. If nothing else it might be enjoyble for a few hours. ::D:

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan19 wrote:
From what I hear, despite the SWG team trying to make changes (again) to the game to make it "better", people are still jumping ship like lemmings. Seems like after the last major combat update they did people've been really pissed at the developers.

You have no idea...

The "NGE" or "New Game Enhancements" has pissed alot of the veteran players off including myself. Mainly the veteran Jedi players are mad because Jedi is now a starter profession. In the 3 days since it went live I've already seen countless noob Jedi's going around asking for money and how to get a Lightsaber and such ::D: I went Jedi myself after this went live because I was working to it before this update(And because they eliminated my favorite profession Creature Handler Crying or Very sad ) I am sure as hell that all the noob players are going to be attracted to this game because of Jedi but word of warning from a vet player: You are going to be hated on severely by many players, don't ask or beg for money, don't go around asking for free stuff, and don't go around spamming how uber you are.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I'm So 1337 at teh gamE SWGalaxies!!!!11one11! Wink

No seriously, might give it a download. Very Happy
Malcolm Reynolds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't download it! Go on the jedi forums and see how many people DAILY are quitting the game! I hit Force Sensitve right before the NGE and was upset that everything I did just to hit Force Sensitive to start my path you could choose from the start! I want to say MANY MANY things but will not because of the age group viewing this website.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcolm Reynolds wrote:
Don't download it! Go on the jedi forums and see how many people DAILY are quitting the game! I hit Force Sensitve right before the NGE and was upset that everything I did just to hit Force Sensitive to start my path you could choose from the start! I want to say MANY MANY things but will not because of the age group viewing this website.

Hehe yep, only I got FS about a month ago, and started grinding FS, unlocked 2 trees, then the NGE happened Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't believe what happened to the people who were litteraly 1 box away and all of that went down the hole
JSM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Nevermind Embarassed

Last edited by JSM on Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jees, it's just a game Rolling Eyes

...j/k - I'd be pissed too, and rightfuly so. Those updates should have been a different game altogether. I may try the free trial though, just to see what everyone is angry about first hand.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi-sabermaster wrote:
AHHHHH... Firespray, what yousaid about spaming for cash brought back some great memories ::D: (anoyance is a great moneymaker... as well as a threat maker ::D: ) Shocked no plz I was just playing around!,
N-NOOOOO! *gets beat op by angry SWG players*. Back on topic, its true, you couldent go anywhere (citys) without hearing about a leaving game sale.

I don't get it.

And yeah Don, I mean I still like playing the game, as a Jedi now I'm really liking some of the new abilites I have now and I like to RP a bit now Smile Only problem that I have now is lately I've been bored out of my mind with it because the experience point system is messed up, takes you about 4 hours to level up one level as opposed to it taking 5 minutes pre NGE Confused
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the avg download time? Confused
sith35

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the NGE struck a nerve with a lot of people I know. I was screwed with the closing of the village, I had half my unlocks and good deal of converted xp that went to waste.

The new UI is what I hate the most. It is impossible to convert it back to the old setup unless you have a 4 button mouse.

The new combat does seem a bit faster, but I still do not see how the changes have made it all that better.

Firespray as far as leveling faster just head to Mustafar and find a group to do the flea grind. Basically take the flea bounty quest and do it over and over again. You get 53k+ xp per run. Either that or just do other quests via Mustafar.

Iceman no clue on DL time. Will depend on your connection speed.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know about the Lava Flea quest but the thing is I don't have Trials of Obi Wan nor will I ever unless they release it in stores or they give it to vets for free or something Crying or Very sad
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded it, and my "name" (?) is IcelandP... I haven't played yet, as my bro needs comp, but what is thew best world to play on, and what's the most fun profession. I really don't wanna be a jedi. (and definitely not an entertainer Wink ) If you're a bounty hunter, is it easy to get stuff?

~John

EDIT: I signed in and a pop-up came up saying I need to pay 15$ a month?!?! Confused
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclipse Galaxy server all the way! (I'm in that one Wink ) Hmm the best profession, that would have to be either Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, Commando, Spy, or Officer, pretty much any profession that uses guns Confused Gun wielding people are pretty much the alpha class in the game now, the combat is really unbalanced. Hell I saw a Spy take on 8 Jedi and waste them all single handedly yesterday, pretty sad Crying or Very sad
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get it too work... It says class selection unavailable... Confused any suggestions? Sad
han clan solo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Shocked
Everything I imagined and more! Very Happy
It's to bad I can't afford it. Sad
sith35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman Class selection unavailable, I have no clue what that is meaning. Are you trying to pick a profession? Is so which one.

As far as which profession to try first or is the best. Pretty tough call right now. All the profs have something that is not working the way it should. There are bugs all throughout the game.

I would suggest staying away from jedi for now. Everyone is try jedi and they have a rather hard time being able to stay in range to do damage. Plus they are currently without armor.

Right now Medic, Bounty Hunter, Spy, and Smuggler are working good for combat. Range is key right now.

Kettemoor server here. There are a few select members that you want to stay away from, but for the most part everyone is pretty cool on the server. If anyone does hop on Kette let me know ign Alllami I can get you pretty much what ever you need to get going.
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows me an error message when I login... Confused It says launchpad has encountered and error. Sad
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman wrote:
It shows me an error message when I login... Confused It says launchpad has encountered and error. Sad

Haha that's SOE for you Razz Could be your computer doesn't support the requirements for the game, or something could be wrong with your installation.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well... Sad I really had look foward to it. *snaps fingers* Crying or Very sad
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, when you boot up the launchpad, click on that button that says "Full Scan" to make sure nothing is wrong with the installation
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, and it said it couldn't connect... Confused
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I don't know what to tell you then, try looking on the forums for the game: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg just be careful on which forum you go into, lotta flaming in there Mad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have to say thought is that most of the newbs on the Jedi forums are being REALLY ARROGENT! They are saying some things like "Your just whining because YOUR not special anymore". My guess is that SWG will be shut down in a max of 3 years.
darthviper107

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG--I downloaded the 10-day trial, because I had played the 14-day trial a year ago and it was a fun game so took the time to download (only took me like 4 hours for a 1GB download) then I played it--got to the end of the training and was ready to go to the planet surface--but Oh Wait this trial only lets you play the training--Oh joy, that 1 Gb download was COMPLETELY worth the time to go down and shoot animals to get experience. (very dissappointing)

I was kind of shooked by the new class system though--In this trial I had started out as a Jedi (just to see how it was) but I really like more being the Artisan-don't know what they are called now but I was pretty good at it when I played the game a year ago. But now it's kind of stupid, making the Jedi a starting-out class, now what is the point of the game? Before it was like, goal---become a jedi and be better than everyone else, but now it's like--Oh joy, I'm in this game and there are 10,000 people with lightsabers trying to kill me.
A lone Guardsman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn so ur saying that u cant get no further then the training.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha it's so obvious now SOE wants people to buy the game just so they can get past the tutorial, they are tempting people so that they pay for a subscription ::D:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downloaded it myself. after 15 minutes of playing, removed it from my hdd

My Brickshelf
brickster662

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFF TOPIC

i love galaxies. but the stupid devs killed it with the NGE. im still lookin at a 16 hour DL time to get the NGE :D. if any of you you other vet players out there have the NGE could you do me a mucho grande favour? E-mail me your galaxies game folder so i dont have to sky-rocket my Inet bill ::D: sorry if this may be asking alot, but i thought i may as well try. If you are willing to help shoot me a PM! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: