FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: Contest #3: Voidfighter ***POLL RESET***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Contest #3: Voidfighter
iamcaboose
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
theDude
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
gold_2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CommanderJake
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Admiral Giddens
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Turkguy19
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
babyjawa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Boonetrooper
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
fmoo
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Nannan
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
slimez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sniper
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mark Stafford
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
franziskaner
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
brickfrenzy
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Big_X
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
ACPin
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Saber-Scorpion
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Mainman
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Iceman
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Morgan19
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
spotfrog
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Specular
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
SirBugge
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
cbdvader
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Eagle 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RebelRock
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lt. A.J.V.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
zhg94
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ty 502
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
kkraft
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MKD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ccjwprongs
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
JediMonCalamari
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edoll
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Aedivor
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Stingray
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Heffling
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Amethyst
19%
 19%  [ 28 ]
ThePaleMan
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
jaimie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RocOn
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Schism
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
bwu
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Evilnurn
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
ThePlasticJedi
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
luke1080
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
keds
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lights
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Darkkazmo
9%
 9%  [ 13 ]
han clan solo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vulture_Droid
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Allister
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Horvastne
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 143

ACPin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACPin wrote:
Here's my entry!

AC

How come mine wasn't included when entries posted after the Nov 30 deadline were?

AC
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm...that doesnt seem fair.
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slight oversight. nothing intentional. it's been fixed.
Daredevil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all the contestants! Smile
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkkazmo wrote:
Ace and Lights, I don't know if this is too much to ask for, but since you already guys chose to link to my completed version, could you please link my entry from my final gallery, it's exactly the same entry but with better pictures, thanks a lot.

Fixed. Sorry!

Anyone else need their photo or galleries adjusted? There was a lot of entries to put up on Flickr, and I'm sure I messed up a link or two somewhere.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Wink Woudl it be possible to edit the thread title about the polls being reset too, for people who might not see the bit on the main page?

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's pretty awesome seeing them all in one Flickr gallery. Thanks for setting that up, Ryan and Ace.

I'd also like to thank you Spaceheads who dropped by to participate in our contest. Y'all really increased the competition here, and I personally hope to see y'all here for the next contest.

My vote has been cast. May the best brick win!

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Wow I got two votes again Very Happy. I would ask who voted for me to step forward but you can PM me. This was a really great contest and I am glad that someone out there believes in my MOC. I came into this contest expecting the worst but it is funny how if just a couple people vote for yours, you feel warm inside knowing that you got through to that one person. I wish I could have voted for all of the entries because you all did wonderfully with your creations. I believe that most of you even had better creations than my own but this is how I envisioned a voidfighter and to each his own. This contest is fantastic and has done a lot to brighten up my day. Thanks again Ace, for another wonderful FBTB forums contest.

And finally, thank you to ALL who entered this contest. It has been a pleasure reviewing all of your work and I have learned many new techniques from you.

Ciao

Paul

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
renegade
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a side note on this here contest,

I would encourage all those of you who are voting to take a look at the entries from people who actually are a member of this community. Seems that tons of folks came out of the wood works to join the forums just to enter and as soon as this contest is over they will never be heard from again. Heck, some of them even mock FBTB on the pages displaying their MOC's.

So for everyone who actually participates in this community, how about giving it up for the home team. (many of whom posted some great fighters I might add)

PS - Lights, Thanks for setting up the flckr gallery, that rocks.

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
TurkGuy19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I noticed that too. Most of the people's first and most of the time only post, was in here. It just kinda bugs me that people only "join" a community when there is a prize involved.

But to the veterans of FBTB good MOCs, and to those who joined FBTB just to enter the contest, you should be ashamed... Wink
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowee! Some one voted for me. Shocked Very Happy
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegade wrote:
Just as a side note on this here contest,

I would encourage all those of you who are voting to take a look at the entries from people who actually are a member of this community. Seems that tons of folks came out of the wood works to join the forums just to enter and as soon as this contest is over they will never be heard from again. Heck, some of them even mock FBTB on the pages displaying their MOC's.

So for everyone who actually participates in this community, how about giving it up for the home team. (many of whom posted some great fighters I might add)

PS - Lights, Thanks for setting up the flckr gallery, that rocks.

Turkguy19 wrote:
Yeah I noticed that too. Most of the people's first and most of the time only post, was in here. It just kinda bugs me that people only "join" a community when there is a prize involved.

But to the veterans of FBTB good MOCs, and to those who joined FBTB just to enter the contest, you should be ashamed... Wink

This is absolutely disgusting.

Who do you think you are, singling out entries from people who aren't originally from FBTB? Did it state anywhere in the contest rules that this was an FBTB-exclusive contest?
NO

If you hadn't noticed, the FBTB leadership brushed the drama aside and included all "outsider" entries in the competition. They let it go. Why can't you?

I would encourage voters to ignore the non-existant drama that is being fabricated by posts like these, and to vote for what they consider the BEST VOIDFIGHTER, regardless of "community loyalty," popularity, age, etc. That is UNFAIR to all the talented builders who showed up to participate. But apparently I don't need to encourage it, because it's already happening. I'm glad people are voting based on skill alone and not affiliations, because the current leader is *gasp* Amethyst who isn't a longtime member of FBTB!!! Scandal! Drama! Prize sniper! OOOOO!

What if I told you that the only reason I built a moc was to get the prize? I am as fiercely loyal to FBTB as any of you guys, so would I be accused of "prize sniping"? Uh, not likely.

Renegade, you didn't even bother to make the effort of crafting an entry, so shut up and quit criticizing those who did. Turkguy, you DID make a model, so you should be ashamed of yourself for making such hateful comments against other builders, who like you took time, effort, and talent to put together something based on the story.

Next time anyone thinks of accusing someone of joining up for a prize, DON'T.

edit: language
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]

Last edited by Chief on Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's just calm down here folks, before anyone decides to fire off a reply. there's only 6 days left of voting, and that's barely enough time to pore over all the entries.

i for one am glad that we got a good turnout, even from people who joined specfically to enter the contest. not sure if it was the prize, the idea of building something from a story, or whatever, but it's all good. LOTS of great stuff to look at and learn from.

edit: i'd like to stress that if you haven't voted yet, it should be for the one that follows the description best. the person's tenure here at these forums should not be taken into consideration.
prowl79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh dumb question I never voted before how do I :D!
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prowl79 wrote:
uh dumb question I never voted before how do I :D!

If you're logged in (which I assume you are since you're posting as yourself Wink), you should see a list of the entries and radio buttons next to each one. at the top of the thread. Check the button of the one you want to vote for and click the submit button, and you've just voted!

Before you do that, make sure to check out onions' first post to read over the story/criteria again and check out the flickr gallery for a great run-down of all the entries.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally voted for the ship I felt best fit the criteria taken from the novel excerpt. Congratulations to all who participated, you had more courage then I had to enter. May the best Void win!
TurkGuy19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights, nowhere in my post did I say that they shouldn't have been aloud to enter. I just made the observation that a lot of people joined just to enter the contest, and said it kinda bugged me. And really did you even see the "Wink". Wow you just got very defensive over the fact the it was a bit of a joke when I said they should be ashamed. Also who are you to chastise me because I have an opinion? It disgusts me when people are chastised because they have an opinion about something.

Maybe you should think twice before you go around and yelling at people for having a separate opinion from yours. Not every person thinks the same way as you. Not every person will have the same beliefs as you. So stop saying peoples opinions are disgusting, because maybe your opinions are disgusting to someone else. If you think they are, just keep it to yourself.

How would you feel if someone said the same exact thing about something you posted? You would probably get defensive and say something along the lines that I am saying right now. So please, don't put someone down because they have their own opinion. No one does it to you, so don't do it to others.

PS I voted for the one that I thought was the best out of all of them. Not just the best one from long time members of FBTB.
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is absolutely disgusting.

Well, You are entitled to your opinion.

However when there are people who build entries, enter them, and then post on the page they have displayed them on or in forums they actually participate that they built it to conform to "silly rules" and other derogative statements to FBTB, I find that disgusting.

If you like being used and then kicked to the curb that is your prerogative. I simply point out to folks that all things being equal, lets give a nod to people who are actually participating members of this community.

If that offends you then there isn't much I can do about it.

But you were correct, this is Ace's contest, he made the rules, and every entry in the list qualifies.

Good night and good luck.

fmoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although having new people joining in for the contest certainly makes the competition a lot tougher for the rest of us to win, I personally like that they joined up since they really raised the bar for MOCs on FBTB with their entries. I really appreciate that these people have spent time designing and building their entries; there's nothing that disappoints me more than seeing other members here not building at all or posting MOCs that they only spent an hour or two on, even for contests like this. I hope entries like these will help motivate FBTBers to build, and to build better quality MOCs. It would be great if at least some of these people get interested enough to stick around and participate in the forums, or at least post more MOCs here to get people building.

Dennis

thievery.org/dennisc | flickr
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmoo wrote:
Although having new people joining in for the contest certainly makes the competition a lot tougher for the rest of us to win, I personally like that they joined up since they really raised the bar for MOCs on FBTB with their entries. I really appreciate that these people have spent time designing and building their entries; there's nothing that disappoints me more than seeing other members here not building at all or posting MOCs that they only spent an hour or two on, even for contests like this. I hope entries like these will help motivate FBTBers to build, and to build better quality MOCs. It would be great if at least some of these people get interested enough to stick around and participate in the forums, or at least post more MOCs here to get people building.

Dennis

and for that you get a gold star by your name for today.

and let's just cut to the chase. we all know who renegade is referring to. and in the end if that person did win, and walked away from here with the prize and still had nothing positive to say about this site and all its rules beyond giving away cool swag every now and then continue to badmouth this site and look down upon our community, well there's really nothing i can do to change his opinion. if that's how he feels or anyone else for that matter, that's their choice and i'm not going to lose sleep over it.

we can continue with this drama, or let it pass and try to make the most out of it. i've decided to accept all the entries despite the contributor's membership lifespan, or comments that they have made. i can be a drama queen about it and say 'you don't like us? fine screw you' or i can just let it pass and be a better person for it.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd be more concerned with entries that were entered and accepted six days after the cut-off date. ::D: (And yes, I'm laughing as I say that, so there's no mistake!)

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i was a little lenient with the cut off day since i myself wasn't able to open up the poll til much later. why should the reader have to pay the price for my scheduling?

next contest is going to have a different submission structure altogether, and i'll be more strict on the dates.
renegade
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onions wrote:
fmoo wrote:

Dennis

and for that you get a gold star by your name for today.

and let's just cut to the chase. we all know who renegade is referring to. and in the end if that person did win, and walked away from here with the prize and still had nothing positive to say about this site and all its rules beyond giving away cool swag every now and then continue to badmouth this site and look down upon our community, well there's really nothing i can do to change his opinion. if that's how he feels or anyone else for that matter, that's their choice and i'm not going to lose sleep over it.

we can continue with this drama, or let it pass and try to make the most out of it. i've decided to accept all the entries despite the contributor's membership lifespan, or comments that they have made. i can be a drama queen about it and say 'you don't like us? fine screw you' or i can just let it pass and be a better person for it.

Very well then. My apologies for bringing it up, it was not my intention to start any drama or be a part of any. Of course that is not how it worked out.

And fmoo, good sum up. There have been very many good entries and I am glad to see them.

Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights wrote:
... I'm glad people are voting based on skill alone and not affiliations, because the current leader is *gasp* Amethyst who isn't a longtime member of FBTB!!! Scandal! Drama! Prize sniper! OOOOO!

I personally don't think skill alone is the reason, otherwise we could have a different turnout, I think people are also voting based on which entry is the closest representation of contest's description, plus the well rounded building skills, plus who knows?!
And I also think that Fmoo has nailed this discussion down with his well rounded comment... And I would like to thank all those creative builders who raised the bar than the norm and made others like me want to enter...

And from a builder's perspective, people should cast their vote based on creativity as well... Thinking out of the box is what made this competition an interesting one to begin with... Taking things too strictly, could have made it too boring of a contest to join or to view... LEGO is an imaginative medium, and IMO, thinking out of the box is what pushes the limit to newer frontiers...

Anyhow, good luck to all... And in my eyes, every one is a winner, viewers and contestants alike.

My Brickshelf Gallery
Mark Stafford

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did join FBTB to enter this competition. The prize does have a little to do with it (that set has not been widely available in the rest of the world) But I first came here more then 6 years ago (I think) and have read many posts and looked at many SW MOCs thanks to this site.

I'm a long time SW fan (I was lucky enough to be 6 in 1977 and the movie blew my mind - to the extent that I'm still a huge sci-fi fan 27 years later.) I rarely build SW MOCs though, as normally I find I've been beaten to doing any given ship and can't see a way to improve on them!

I'm here to stay - just like I've been here for years, but I may continue not to say much. I'd be surprised if some of the other 'new' people haven't been here often too.

I turned down going to the pub with Boba-Fett, Darth and Chewy in 1994 after a particulary poorly attended convention, and if I can live with telling you that (my eternal shame and regret)- then I think I can put up with a few lost votes for not getting around to joining the forums earlier. I didn't enter just to try and win, I entered because I was inspired.

I really enjoyed this competition. My own build has inspired at least three other (non-SW) ships I've posted in the last month and seeing how others have interpreted the description has been amazing. I think everyone should vote for the ship they think is a Voidfighter - end of story.

BTW I just joined Classic Castle to enter the CCC3 competition... maybe I'm just evil! Twisted Evil

Mark.
Nannan Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter who the winner is, I will be surprised.

There are just too many tempting voids to predict the victor!

Brickshelf | Bricklink
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Stafford wrote:
I did join FBTB to enter this competition. The prize does have a little to do with it (that set has not been widely available in the rest of the world) But I first came here more then 6 years ago (I think) and have read many posts and looked at many SW MOCs thanks to this site.

I'm a long time SW fan (I was lucky enough to be 6 in 1977 and the movie blew my mind - to the extent that I'm still a huge sci-fi fan 27 years later.) I rarely build SW MOCs though, as normally I find I've been beaten to doing any given ship and can't see a way to improve on them!

I'm here to stay - just like I've been here for years, but I may continue not to say much. I'd be surprised if some of the other 'new' people haven't been here often too.

I turned down going to the pub with Boba-Fett, Darth and Chewy in 1994 after a particulary poorly attended convention, and if I can live with telling you that (my eternal shame and regret)- then I think I can put up with a few lost votes for not getting around to joining the forums earlier. I didn't enter just to try and win, I entered because I was inspired.

I really enjoyed this competition. My own build has inspired at least three other (non-SW) ships I've posted in the last month and seeing how others have interpreted the description has been amazing. I think everyone should vote for the ship they think is a Voidfighter - end of story.

BTW I just joined Classic Castle to enter the CCC3 competition... maybe I'm just evil! Twisted Evil

Mark.

welcome mark! i hope you didn't feel like you needed to defend yourself. none of what was said should make anyone feel that way. in any case, i'm really glad you came out of the woodwork and entered, and to hear that you've been inspired to build more, that's awesome to hear. i hope you feel like sticking around and contributing more. there's always stuff to build from star wars. PLENTY of stuff, so don't feel discouraged.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey onions, I'm curious... Once the contest is over, do you have any sort of image or sketch you could post about how you thought the voidfighter should look? Very Happy I think a lot of the draw of this one was that there was no established ship to work from so a lot of people just let their imagination fly.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
babyjawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmoo wrote:

Dennis

Not to get into an arguement, but some of us aren't as good of builders. (including me) I am never going to win a contest because of that. This contest and other contests have not motivated me to make better MOCs because I can't make good ones. It has motivated me to not even make MOCs or at least not show them. I don't even get what the heck SNOT is! Maybe if someone told me I could use it.
Nannan Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ, you bring up a very true arguement there. However, think positive, you don't have to build to enter contests, you can build to improve!

Also, I am surprised that as a member of LAML, you do not know what SNOT is. A few skilled FOLs and I have compiled a glossary of many of the terms that one should know to speak the jargon: take a look BJ!

I'd be glad to add any important terms that we might've missed.

Brickshelf | Bricklink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to: