FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Forces II/MOTS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Dark Forces II/MOTS Reply with quote

Does anyone have these games (made 1998)?

For those who arn't familliar with them:
Dark Forces II is about Kyle Katarn and trying to stop Dark Jedi getting to the power of 'The Valley of the Jedi'.

Mysteries of the Sith is about Mara Jade trying to turn Kyle Katarn back from the 'Dark Side' (and some other stuff).

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Dark Forces II but never heard of Mysteries of the Sith.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that pack too.
I loved it when I played it, but that was ages ago.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:

I got them both in a pack together.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
jp-30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I cut my teeth modding Jedi Knight & MotS. Great games both.

I was the first (possibly only) person to make "short" multiplayer skins that didn't resort to new animation structures - meaning you could have more than one short character in a Multiplayer level.

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1922.shtml

Fun times...
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Firespray wrote:

I got them both in a pack together.

Hmm did you buy it when it first came out? I DFII about 2 or 3 years ago, it was in a silver box at EB Games for 5 bucks Very Happy mine didn't come with no extra game Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotS was an expansion pack for Jedi Knight. You couldn't install it unless you had JK.

There's some good info on the creation of the game here (part 1) and here (part 2).
zclash5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight is literally my favorite game of all time, right up there with KOTOR 1&2. It has a great storyline, interesting characters, and live-action cutscenes. I got it for Christmas without even asking for it, maybe 1999ish, and have beat the game no less than 5 times (it's long too).

Ahh what a great game. MotS is great too, but not of the same quality. And way freakin' harder. Wink
Xiphos Systems

Location: Standing on a 1500 Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy-Duty Supercolliding Super Button

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Dark Forces II and a MOTS demo. I never thought much of MOTS, but Dark Forces was sweet! Bok and the Ugnauts are by far the most hilarious guys in the game. Loved the cutscenes too.

Anybody else think Lucasarts should rerelease it with better graphics and gameplay (get some cool Jedi Outcast/Academy-like lightsaber moves instead of the ol' hack and slash)?

Xiphos Systems Experimental Engineering
The Best of the Rest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zclash5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I just remembered something. At my local Main Event (a laser tag/bowling/billards place; I'm not sure how widespread they are), there was this Jedi Knight virtual reality arcade game! It was so sweet, you stood and put on this headset thing and could turn around and everything...like you were in the game! Now its gone, and I was wondering if anyone had ever seen this?
bearpred6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them both, great games, but bad graphics...

2004 National League Champions
2006 WORLD Champions
Whats Next?!?!?!?!
My Brickshelf
Master Robin Hood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetness. I never knew so many FBTB users had this game. I thought all you high and might Battefronters (of which I hope to join) would never have played such a game. But then, for their time they were pretty good.

I first got introduced to them when I recieved a used demo CD with just the first three levels. I didn't figure that out until my trying to get the fourth level five billion times wouldn't work. After that I longed to play the rest, see what weapons I would get and how the story would end. I downloaded the online demo (level 7) and nearly blew a vein when I finished it (I really wanted to get the game). You must know though that this was my first shooter game I had ever played.

So, times passes (a few months) and about two years ago I go to the local Future shop and find some of these on the shelves. I bought one and was the happiest (and most computer glued) guy. Looking back now, I realize I must have gotten one of the last of these ever to be in stores.

Later I got the demo of MotS, but never tried to buy the full version online. I could have easialy, but I had moved on to better graphic games. Still, I have fond memories of that game. I really should play it some time.

Dan Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: