FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediKermit wrote:
BTW, some of the Batman LEGO sets are on clearance at Wal-Mart right now...saw the Batwing set for $35.00, and the Dragster for $7.00. So if you're still looking--especially for the Batwing, see if your local Wal-Mart has it.

Sadly, been to all but one of them thus far. Not only were they out of Batman, they were out of LEGO in general.

Even Bionicle.
ConanTheLibrarian89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the UCS Batmobile for Christmas, and I must say it is trul awesome. The four white pieces on the front don't bother me; I'm too distracted by how awesome the high level of detail is. I've been scourring the web looking for another one for cheap because it is an AWESOME parts pack as well.

Last.FM
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
Even Bionicle

.... that's the good news, right? Wink

I don't own any of the Batman sets, but the first time I saw Arkham Asylum, I thought "Oh, a new Harry Potter set... wait, that's Batman!"

Just feels so... gimmicky. Like Joel Schumacher was responsible for concept design.
the fixer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
The UCS Batmobile is like the rest of the sets, inspired by elements from the entire source material. Comics, movies, and even the TV show.
As for the Asylum, while I enjoyed the minifigs, the set itself just seems kind of underwhelming. It's not really big for the price, not especially unique, and has limited usability past the set itself.

It's just that -in my opinion- they should've based it on other elements of the source material. They did that for the minifig Batmobile, which looked a lot more like the Anton Furst designed Batmobile from the Burton movies. I really prefer the way they did the small LEGO Batmobile. The only problem with it, as stated elsewhere on this forum, were the big rear fins (probably based on the Batmobiles from 'Forever' and '& Robin'.) Not a big fan of those either Wink

Of course, LEGO can't please everyone... And they must've done a good job on the Mobiles because they sure sold well...
I just hope there's a load of different Batmobiles coming in the next few years. I'm hoping for a Tumbler from 'Begins', and Batmobiles solely based on the Burton movies, the 60's show and hey- what about the Bruce Timm animated series Very Happy

Anyway...
I quite liked Arkham Asylum. It was a lot like the Harry Potter Hogwarts sets, which was good... The only nitpick I have on the set is that it could've been a tad bit brighter... It sure was dark, wasn't it? Maybe a row of tan in the walls would've broken the darkness.
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan Starfire wrote:
dWhisper wrote:
Even Bionicle

.... that's the good news, right? Wink

Amazingly, it gets even better. I just took a jaunt out to one of my Wal-Marts, and while the only Batman set in stock is Two-Face's Escape/Batmobile... they had all of the new Star Wars sets in stock. I got to be one of the jerks who bought out all the battle packs, as well as the AT-ST. I had to pass on the Y-Wing and ILC, but will be back for them in a week or two.
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmph. Confused

Still can't get my hands on any of the '07 sets. Over here, they are gone before I even get to look at one.
johnsocal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I enjoy the Batman sets that I recently purchased, I think the mostly black color scheme actually appears to make the sets less appealing then they are.

While the all black vehicles look good under the proper lighting, the black vehicles don't photgraph well and don't properly reveal all the cool design elements. The fact that most toys stores still have plenty of them in stock would make it appear they haven't sold as well as they should.

I would guess that new 2007 Batman vehicles might use more light and dark gray along with black to make them more visually appealing on the box and images on the internet.

Visit my Official LEGO Factory site: http://tinyurl.com/yrsw7l to buy or download my Mandalorian ships or Space City Modules for FREE.
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just be happy if the instructions made it possible to tell the difference between black and dark gray.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
I'd just be happy if the instructions made it possible to tell the difference between black and dark gray.

Yeah right.
ConanTheLibrarian89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep reading about the legendary 2007 Batman sets. Do we know names/have pictures yet, or is it just speculation?

Last.FM
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConanTheLibrarian89 wrote:
I keep reading about the legendary 2007 Batman sets. Do we know names/have pictures yet, or is it just speculation?

Wild speculation. Not so much as a peep on them, as far as I know.
batsamd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsocal wrote:
As much as I enjoy the Batman sets that I recently purchased, I think the mostly black color scheme actually appears to make the sets less appealing then they are.

While the all black vehicles look good under the proper lighting, the black vehicles don't photgraph well and don't properly reveal all the cool design elements. The fact that most toys stores still have plenty of them in stock would make it appear they haven't sold as well as they should.

I would guess that new 2007 Batman vehicles might use more light and dark gray along with black to make them more visually appealing on the box and images on the internet.

Personally, I like the black, because that's the way Batman makes his equipment.

Guess they could make things blue, like in the Animated Series and The Batman cartoon, but to me that wouldn't be as cool because LEGO doesn't have a dark enough blue to make it look good.

About the sets, last time I went to TRU, they had some UCS Batmobiles and Arkham sets, but that's about it. A couple Walmarts I've been to didn't have any Batman sets at all.

Around Christmas, I think everything sells well. Smile

Bet we'll be seeing more info on 2007 sets when we find out more about the LEGO Batman game.
Kingbee79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought my first few batman lego sets....I must say that they are made very well. Is there any news on new sets or other DC themed sets?

Thanks
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know of two new Batman sets coming out next year:

7786 The Batman Batcopter: Chase for the Scarecrow
7787 The Batman Bat Tank: Riddler and Bane's Hideout
bobthestormtrooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TREEEAAADDSSSS..... I SEE TREEEEAAAADDDSSSS...
Kingbee79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:
We know of two new Batman sets coming out next year:

7786 The Batman Batcopter: Chase for the Scarecrow
7787 The Batman Bat Tank: Riddler and Bane's Hideout

Thanks for the update. Now that Bane is going to be done all I can think of left to do would be Ra's Ah Ghul.
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingbee79 wrote:
Thanks for the update. Now that Bane is going to be done all I can think of left to do would be Ra's Ah Ghul.

You're forgetting Clayface and Harley Quin, though I suppose Harley could be in a little joker's lair set...
kevblee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be a stupid question , and it may have been asked somewhere else in this thread....but I dont have the time to dig through 24 pages at work.....do we know if all the 2006 Batman line is discontinued? A WalMart employee has all the 2006 sets as "nonreplinishable"....meaning, get it while you can. I'm just wondering if when ARKHAM is gone from TRU , it's gone. Would suck to miss that set...but it's a lot of dough to cough up at one time. I have all the other sets, minus the UCS Batmobile.
cowboycoder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevblee wrote:
I'm just wondering if when ARKHAM is gone from TRU , it's gone. Would suck to miss that set...but it's a lot of dough to cough up at one time.

Spare a thought for us Europeans, I don't actually think I've seen a Batman set at a TRU yet, Arkham Asylum seemed to last less than a month on S@H, and don't get me started on the price over here (here we go again).

Managed to snag both the big playsets from a US eBayer, at less than half the UK RRP, even with shipping and customs, that's a steal! Very Happy
cowboycoder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevblee wrote:
I'm just wondering if when ARKHAM is gone from TRU , it's gone. Would suck to miss that set...but it's a lot of dough to cough up at one time.

Spare a thought for us Europeans, I don't actually think I've seen a Batman set at a TRU yet, Arkham Asylum seemed to last less than a month on S@H, and don't get me started on the price over here (here we go again).

Managed to snag both the big playsets from a US eBayer, at less than half the UK RRP, even with shipping and customs, that's a steal! Very Happy
supernova

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually managed to get arkham asylum off a UK ebayer at just slightly above US MSRP, so I thought it was a really good deal Smile
i'm picking up batcave from my friend's place in NY when I visit in a couple of months. it hurts to pay UK MSRP, and hamleys markup!
batsamd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many people are disappointed in the Bat-tank set, now that it has gone from this to this.

On Eurobricks I'd read that the set got stripped down, but that's pretty ridiculous.

IMHO, they should have just gotten rid of Riddler, since he came in Arkham already, and put more energy in creating a cooler looking vehicle for Bane, the guy who BROKE Batman's BACK!

Now, besides a cool looking Bat-tank, you get some filler pieces that, to me, make it look like TLG was to lazy to do something better with the set.

From Toywiz, the name is supposed to be Riddler's and Bane's hideout, but there's nothing to hide in.

If it wasn't for Bane, I would definitely pass on this set, and I'm a big Batman and LEGO fan.

It's a sad day in Gotham when supervillians can't even afford a building for their hideout.
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'm pleased that it doesn't come with the hideout. All I wanted from the set was the Bat-Tank, The Riddler and Bane.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsamd wrote:
So how many people are disappointed in the Bat-tank set, now that it has gone from this to this.

I AM! I was excited about actually getting a nice sized fortress. I'm not sure about that broken wall piece in the bottom right corner of the prototype, I was hoping it was a new part, though it looks like a drawing. Doesn't matter anyway since it's not in the final set.

I do like that motorcycle though, and the treads are calling to me...
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I like the NEW TANK better? Yes. But I liked the prototype SET a lot more.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it the same tank?
bobthestormtrooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. If you compare the two carefully, you'll notice that the main...section (for lack of a better word) is different.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lair did look pretty appealing, so I'm sad it dodn't make it (and the Riddler flyer too) but what I really want is a Joker lair, with ridiculous traps, Harley Quinn (and a vehicle for her) and Bud and Lou the hyenas (they can come up with something!)! That would be awesome, and not too difficult to come up with anyway.

><>
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedd the Jedi wrote:
Bud and Lou the hyenas (they can come up with something!)

they could just use the old dog molds and make em orange with black/brown spots. Piece o' pie.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batcopter's still the best set of 2007 IMHO.

Quite frankly I find it MORE likely that I'll be picking up two copters, than one Tank.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27
Jump to: