FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediKermit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:
Thanks for the review. It's good, but I did spot two mistakes:
Quote:
Batman
All of the minifigures in this set are exclusive to the Batcave playset, and Batman himself is no exception. the other Batman minifigures we've had in the Batman LEGO sets have been grey-and-black, the way Batman is usually portrayed in comic books and animation. This minifigure is all-black, the way Batman has been seen in the movies since 1989.

Actually, the Batmoblie and Arkham Asylum sets comes with a black Batman as well Wink
Quote:
The Penguin is one of my favorite Bat-villains . . . and my only complaint is that they didn't include an umbrella of some kind for him.

They did:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1911512

Thanks for the heads-up....I had the "extra" pieces for the umbrella kicking around, and didn't realize it. I'm not too bright. And I don't have the other black-Batman sets yet...I'll correct that too.

Thanks!
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Batboat and the Robin/Catwoman/Joker Magnet set, and my Batmobile vs Twoface Fan should be arriving on my doorstep shortly.

The boat is a surprising build for me. I was certainly not expecting the rubber rims, a pleasent surprise as a masser of fact. The enitre thing seems to fit. My only complaint is Croc's boat, which has an odd design.

The Magnet figs are great. I may use one of the Batman logo stickers on Catwoman's body and make Batgirl.
masternerdy576

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Thrawn wrote:
The Magnet figs are great. I may use one of the Batman logo stickers on Catwoman's body and make Batgirl.

That is a great idea, I never thought of that. The only problem your going to have is the sticker being to large for the bodyu might havt to try and trim it down a bit
Greg Hyland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that one of the stickers in the Batboat is the perfect size for a mini-figure. I used it to make a "retro" Batman.

The only problem is that the stickers are semi-transparent, and the underneith shows through.
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks pretty awesome. I might have to try that.
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I didn't need molded abs to show off. What you saw was pure Adam West..."

It does look good, and the line doesn't really mess it up that much. The Batmobile comes witha couple extra stickers that size, so I may have to try that when I pick up an extra grey one.
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a look, and I think the stickers that come in the Batmobile are too big. I believe that the only sets that come with stickers that size are the Batboat (but it doesn't come with any extras) and Arkham Asylum, which comes with three extras.
Greg Hyland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that the Arkham extras are the smaller size.

And as for the Batboat, the small sticker is supposed to go on the little ski-jet thing, so I put on one of the larger ones instead... which I think looks better anyway.
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
masternerdy576

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Batboat has the only right size, the sticker they are talking about is the sticker used for the escape ski boat
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't apply those stickers (hey, it has Bat wings, who else could be dribing? Wink) so... yeah.
batsamd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished building Arkham yesterday.

Did notice a printing flaw in the first instruction book. Forgot what step, but it was during the construction of the second floor of the main Akham building, there are 3 1x1x1 gray cones that are printed off of the bricks they were supposed to be attached to. Smile

One question, for the ambulance stickers, there is one sticker with "Ambulance" printed backwards that is shown to be placed on the front of the ambulance.

But, there's a second "Ambulance" sticker with the word printed correctly, but I couldn't find where it was placed at. Does anyone know where the non-backwards printed "Ambulance" sticker is supposed to go?

I think it's supposed to be placed on the back of the ambulance above the rear doors, but it doesn't show up in the instruction book or the box art that way.

Thanks for any help.

Correction: The mistake was 2 light gray technic pins used to connect the cell doors on the second level of the main building to the lever that opens the cell doors are printed as floating in steps 22-25 of the first Arkham instruction book.
batsamd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed that with all this info about the '07 sets, there's no news on new Batman sets.

Makes me wonder if the line isn't doing so well and TLG is skipping the first part of '07 to give retailers more time to sell off their current inventory.

I'm hoping we get at least a couple more playsets out of the line, maybe Axis Chemical plant (origin of Joker theme) and some Gotham buildings.

I've never been a patient person, so knowing all this stuff about future Star Wars releases and not knowing anything about Batman is killing me. Evil or Very Mad
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsamd wrote:
I'm disappointed that with all this info about the '07 sets, there's no news on new Batman sets.

I wouldn't worry. I doubt the Batman license came cheap, so I expect LEGO to milk it. There is a Batman LEGO game coming out, so chances are new sets will arrive in time to be cross-promoted with the game. We've heard murmurs of a new space line (non-SW) in 2007, but we've had no substantial news there in regard to specific sets, so I imagine there's a lot planned for the summer.
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a rumour that there's four new Batman sets this summer, although there's no news on what they are.
batsamd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
There is a Batman LEGO game coming out, so chances are new sets will arrive in time to be cross-promoted with the game.

Forgot about the game. Doubt TLG would pay to develop a game if they were going to cancel the line. Good news indeed!

sam89 wrote:
There's been a rumour that there's four new Batman sets this summer, although there's no news on what they are.

This news is good and bad. Bad because I have to wait till summer to get my Batman fix. Good because that means I can focus my energy and, more importantly, my money, on the new Star Wars sets that are supposed to hit in January.

If you put these two bits of info together, does that mean the Batman game will come out next summer to coincide with the summer's wave of Batman sets?

Not to sure how long it takes to develop a video game, but since Traveler's Tales has worked on two other TLG games, they have experience and may be able to use some of the things from LSW 1 & 2 to speed up the development of Batman.
Big T

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm interested in getting a couple of Batman sets, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on some good starter sets. any Help would be much appreciated.
badgerboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote would go with the batmobile - you get the black version of Batman and some really useful pieces for other models! I feel It's by far the nicest of all the Batman sets, and reasonable value too.

The other set I think is great is the batboat, loads of really cool detailing.

I personally wasn't hugely impressed with the batwing or the dragster thing - good pieces just the models themselves weren't great.

Arkham and the Batcave are nice, just very expensive. Wayne Manor would be nice if they ever do it, but again that'll cost a packet!

The minifigures are brilliant, but the vehicles that the villains get are a bit poor, with the exception of two-face.
batsamd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgerboy wrote:
My vote would go with the batmobile - you get the black version of Batman and some really useful pieces for other models! I feel It's by far the nicest of all the Batman sets, and reasonable value too.

The other set I think is great is the batboat, loads of really cool detailing.

I personally wasn't hugely impressed with the batwing or the dragster thing - good pieces just the models themselves weren't great.

Arkham and the Batcave are nice, just very expensive. Wayne Manor would be nice if they ever do it, but again that'll cost a packet!

The minifigures are brilliant, but the vehicles that the villains get are a bit poor, with the exception of two-face.

I agree with badgerboy, the Batmobile and Batboat sets are definites for the good models. Also, with those two, you'll have both versions of Batman, the black suit and gray suit.

As mentioned, the Batcave and Arkham sets are expensive (although if you wanted Arkham, now would be the time to buy the set since it's on sale at TRU and is a TRU or Shop @ Home exclusive), but you get some exclusive (at least for now) figs, if that's your thing.

The Batcave set is neat but seems kind of sparse. The Arkham set really isn't anything to special either.

Really, the only good things about the Dragster set are the price, $10, and Catwoman fig.

The Batwing set is a little pricey, but the Batwing is cool but, IMHO, the wingspan is to wide. The Joker copter isn't anything special, but you do get Joker and henchman figs.

Overall, though, if you're strapped for cash or not really interested in owning everything Batman like me, I would stick with getting the Batmobile set first, then, if you like that one, get the Batboat set.

Once you have those two, you can see about getting other Batman sets if you're interested.
Big T

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I was sorta leaning towards the Batmobile but I thought I'd get some opinions from those with them. I'm probably also considering asking for the Batcave as a B'day gift, might mod the firing mechanisms on the sides though, never a fan of them. Dunno i'll pick up the Batmobile and see whether I'll expand into the others. thanks for your helps guys
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Thanks guys. I was sorta leaning towards the Batmobile but I thought I'd get some opinions from those with them. I'm probably also considering asking for the Batcave as a B'day gift, might mod the firing mechanisms on the sides though, never a fan of them. Dunno i'll pick up the Batmobile and see whether I'll expand into the others. thanks for your helps guys

IMHO, go for the Batmobile, it's got good mini figs, and the Batmobile is a great set to MOD. I have the Batwing too, I would suggest getting this set sooner or later.
JediKermit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:

that would be awesome. I'm still hoping for Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Commissioner Gordon, Huntress, Ra's Al Ghul and a bunch of others. Smile

It'll be interesting to see if they stick with the styling they've got now or if they branch out into more vintage stuff, or animated versions or movies...

Anyway. I'm still loving this line. I finally picked up the Batmobile last week. That just leaves Arkham for me, and I'll have that by Christmas.
Old Republic
Master Jedi [VET]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a license for DC comics. Maybe to compete with MB having the Marvel comics license?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
the fixer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys... I have a little question about the Batman line. Just thought it'd be best to put it here...

I've read quite a lot of positive feedback from people who bought and liked the 7780 Boatboat...

7780 is still the only Batman LEGO set we haven't bought. I've picked up the box plenty o' times in the shop but every time I decided not to buy it...

The thing is that just before the Batman line was released, my girlfriend bought the 7045 Hovercraft hideout... It was truly a great set with a cool hovercraft, miniboat and dockbuilding.
Am I wrong, or is 7780 just a black version of the 7045 hovercraft and miniboat minus the dockbuilding?

Let me put it this way...
If you already own 7045, is there a reason to still buy the seemingly inferior Batman version?
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both. There are quite a few similarities between the two, and while Killer Croc is not as marquee a player in the rogues gallery, he is still worth getting. I picked up the Bat Boat for the completist in me.

Putting my mayoral exploratory committee on hold as I pursue my MBA...
the fixer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-wan Jimboski wrote:
I picked up the Bat Boat for the completist in me.

That, of course, is a good reason Smile
I'll probably buy it for the same reason... I fear I might regret it later, when the set'll be discontinued.

Anyway... thanks for replying, Obi-Wan.
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mind the Bat Boat set at all; the only thing that bugged me was Croc's little water scooter thing. It just didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I understand the completest thing though... the only system set I don't have is the Batwing, which I keep meaning to get, but haven't. My mother in law picked up the Asylum for me for Christmas, so a step closer. And I have no intention of buying the UCS Batmobile...
the fixer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:

I understand the completest thing though... the only system set I don't have is the Batwing, which I keep meaning to get, but haven't. My mother in law picked up the Asylum for me for Christmas, so a step closer. And I have no intention of buying the UCS Batmobile...

Make sure the get the Batwing before it's sold out though, dude... It's one of my favourites of the Batman line. I was happy to see that the Joker helicopter looked an awful lot like the one used at the end of the 1989 Burton movie. Great set!

As for Arkham... I really don't get it... It's the only set that wasn't released here in Belgium. We got everything in the stores except that one. Luckily, my girlfriend and I had to chance to buy one at the LEGO store in Köln, Germany. Cool set too Wink

And I totally forgot the UCS Batmobile... Haven't bought it either. Not a big fan. I really don't know why they chose to base it on the fifties' comics Batmobile with the big face on the hood... I don't think a car like that would scare the Gotham thugs all that much.

"Is that the Batmobile? It must be... it's got his face all over it."

If they would've released a UCS Batmobile based on the Burton movies or even the 60's tv show, I would've bought two! Wink
JediKermit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="the fixer"]
dWhisper wrote:

And I totally forgot the UCS Batmobile... Haven't bought it either. Not a big fan. I really don't know why they chose to base it on the fifties' comics Batmobile with the big face on the hood... I don't think a car like that would scare the Gotham thugs all that much.

"Is that the Batmobile? It must be... it's got his face all over it."

I think it's mean to be a fusion of several Batmobiles, but it is fairly faithful to the one seen in the comic books for several years just after 2000.
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UCS Batmobile is like the rest of the sets, inspired by elements from the entire source material. Comics, movies, and even the TV show.

I keep looking at the Batwing, and I'd love to get Joker to round out the sets for me. As for the Asylum, while I enjoyed the minifigs, the set itself just seems kind of underwhelming. It's not really big for the price, not especially unique, and has limited usability past the set itself.
JediKermit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, some of the Batman LEGO sets are on clearance at Wal-Mart right now...saw the Batwing set for $35.00, and the Dragster for $7.00. So if you're still looking--especially for the Batwing, see if your local Wal-Mart has it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27
Jump to: