FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My first torso designs! [Updated again]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Minifig MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenegadeClone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: My first torso designs! [Updated again] Reply with quote

Hi folks! Very Happy

I thought I would try my hand at some custom torso designs. So here are some of my first creations...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=121319

The B-Wing is my favourite starfighter from the OT so I decided to do a custom B-Wing pilot design (since Lego never bothered!). I think its pretty accurate to the flightsuit Ten Nunb and the other B-Wing pilots wear in RotJ.

I also tried my hand at a Rebel General design for General Madine and Lando Calrissian. I have been collecting Dark Tan minifigs which I feel match the colour of the Generals' uniforms best.

Hopefully I'll get these printed onto Waterslide decals soon. My test prints on plain paper have been pretty good so far Cool , but I need to tweak the colours a bit.

Last edited by RenegadeClone on Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work all around! I particularly love that B-Wing flight suit. Great alternative to the regular flight suit. Well done!

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rs Conqueror
Fancies Mudkips

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that B-wing pilot! very simple and yet complex at the same time. I should get my printer warmed up... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Here are some test photos of my custom B-Wing pilot and General Madine...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=120811

I need to tweak the colours a bit before I print onto decal paper, but otherwise I am quite pleased with the outcome.

Enjoy!

RenegadeClone
JoshNoullet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the Madine and Lando on the dark tan torso, I must say it does look much better this way. I made mine using the regular tan and I thought it was fine until I saw yours. Great idea.

The B-wing torso is looking good too. I might need to borrow your design for some B-wing pilots.
RenegadeClone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really like the dark tan torso, as it almost perfectly matches Madine's uniform in 'RotJ'. I think dark tan would also look great in a Mace Windu minfig. I just wish Lego would produce more of them!

As for my designs, I am using the vector drawing program Microsoft Expression 3 to create them (a free download from Microsoft!). I scanned a selection of minfig torsos at 2400dpi to use as reference. The Imperial Officer was a simple trace of the original design and I plan to alter the rank plaques. For General Madine I simply altered the Imperial Officer design - changed the shape of the belt buckle, added the rebel rank insignia, added the collar, etc. For my B-Wing pilot design I used my Ten Nunb Hasbro action figure and screen captures from 'RotJ' as references.

If anybody wants a copy of my designs to print out, send me a PM! Just remember to give me credit on any pics! Very Happy

RenegadeClone
RenegadeClone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added a leather flying helmet to an A-Wing pilot. This is what they wear under their metal flight helmets.

What do you think? It is made from a Farmer's Cowl which I trimmed with an X-acto knife.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=120811

RenegadeClone
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Minifig MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: