FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hyperdrive booster ring

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roguebantha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Hyperdrive booster ring Reply with quote

It's great to see the forums back, I've got a few things up on bricklink over the past month or so including this;
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115704
The click hinges that make the circle mean the model needs a stand to be displayed without colapsing! The slightly customised Jedi starfighter is held in place by 6 hinges (and 2 studs).
Enjoy!
JLP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a couple of these Hyperspace rings out ther, but I must say I prefer yours.
The overall shape is perfect, those hinges worked like a dream.

About how long did it take you to build this?
Old Republic
Master Jedi [VET]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. It seems a bit large, diameter wise, though doesn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Schism

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shape is very accurate, but the colors could use some work. I'm not sure what the dominant color should be, but the way it is now, it looks too scattered and random. Other than that, it's one of the better ones I've seen.

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
roguebantha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys Cool

JLP, it took about 2 weeks of evenings, so I guess about 10 hours+

Old replublic, It might be a bit big, I couldn't find a reliable size anywhere and no great pictures, most cut off a big chunk of the thing so it is done mostly from pausing the DVD, and you never get to see a good shot of all angles. The offical ship is a bit big as well, so the minifig is a bit small scale wise.
I first made it a bit smaller, but it wasn't perfctly round, so the rounder it got the bigger it became Confused

Schism, I took a bit of artistic license with the colours, partly because of the poor reference, partly for fun, and partly working with what bricks I had! Overall, in the film, the bottom half is predominatly dark red and the top mainly white so I stuck broadly to that.

Warhawk, Nice to meet a fellow mad man Very Happy When the ISD came out it seemed just begging to have something to fight. Since the MC80 I have build quite a few ships to scale with the UCS ISD, I'll put up a couple up tonight and hope to get the rest up soon!
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool, and I echo Schism's statement about the color. Isn't it likely that the inside is dark red and the outside of the ring is white, though? It seems very scattered compared to the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
errbt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, and uniguely different than the other excellent ring on the Forums, Ras 74's. I really like your solution for the gray engine thrusters, as most people have used large grey tire pieces!

-Brian

My MOCpages page

My Brickshelf Gallery

Myspace Page
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: