FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chain Mail

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Chain Mail Reply with quote

I'm tired of readung bulletins that say you HAVE to repost this in 15 minutes or something bad will happen to you. Or emails that say you get better luck if you foreward it to more friends. Those types of things won't actually change the way your luck goes. It's just a stupid bulletin. It's all in your head. If somebody tells you you're going to have a bad day, chances are you will. If you tell yourself you're going to have a good day, you probably will. It's all psychology. That's how a placebo works. People are told they're being given a pill that will change something about them, but what they're actually getting is sugar. Psychologically that person thinks they're getting better, and they will. That's what it's all about.

So, if you repost this right after you read it, you will have good luck. But if you don't, you'll have good luck too. It doesn't really matter though. So don't worry about it. Its just a stupid bulletin anyways.
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I repost it in this thread?

I'm tired of readung bulletins that say you HAVE to repost this in 15 minutes or something bad will happen to you. Or emails that say you get better luck if you foreward it to more friends. Those types of things won't actually change the way your luck goes. It's just a stupid bulletin. It's all in your head. If somebody tells you you're going to have a bad day, chances are you will. If you tell yourself you're going to have a good day, you probably will. It's all psychology. That's how a placebo works. People are told they're being given a pill that will change something about them, but what they're actually getting is sugar. Psychologically that person thinks they're getting better, and they will. That's what it's all about.

So, if you repost this right after you read it, you will have good luck. But if you don't, you'll have good luck too. It doesn't really matter though. So don't worry about it. Its just a stupid bulletin anyways.

w00t, good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Count Blockula
Undead Undead Vampire Zombieraiser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chain mail is dumb. I feel a little bit insulted anytime a friend of mine actually picks me as one of the so-and-so-how-many people the letter tells them them to forward it to. In general, I can't stand superstition.

The chain mail letters that bug me the most are the ones that start off really nice, with an actually descent message that I enjoy reading, but then still stay something like, "now, forward this to 10 people so that you can get good luck!" or some junk like that. I mean, if my friend was sending me a nice email, and I really liked the message in it, then sure, I might then forward it to someone else I know that might also like the message. But, it's that little tag at the end that says forwarding the message will actually cause something to happen that bugs me.

Of course, if it's a prayer or something like that, then yeah, I guess the more people that read and share it, the more power it has. But, to make some statement like, "WHEN you forward this, something WILL happen," is totally ridiculous. Prayer isn’t a guarantee. There's nothing that says that when you pray you'll automatically get anything. That's up to The Big Man to decide. (Prayer is a request, and it's up to Him to answer the request if he thinks it's appropriate.) It's like those little ads people put in the paper to St. Jude that say, "say this prayer for so and so many days, and you'll get what you want, and then when you do, place this ad yourself into another newspaper." Even though the intention of the idea of good, I think it sorta' cheapens the whole idea of prayer somewhat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that bug me the most are those telling people that if they do foward it, AOL, MSN or any major ISP will track down the message and donate 10 ¢ to a sick child everytime it is fowarded. They bug me because they play on general ignorance of such things by most internet users.

People, listen good : AOL CAN NOT TRACK DOWN THOSE EMAILS ! So sending them 326 times to 20 different people won't change a thing.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
ConanTheLibrarian89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the purpose of chain mail was to hand over innocent people's e-mail addresses to |-|4x0|2z.

EDIT: And ad/spam bots.

Last.FM
Fez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConanTheLibrarian89 wrote:
I always thought the purpose of chain mail was to hand over innocent people's e-mail addresses to |-|4x0|2z.

EDIT: And ad/spam bots.

No! But if you foreword this message to 7 Million people in the next Second, a Video plays on your screen. I don't know how, but IT WORKS!
Opus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never liked chain mail. Sure it was a good protection vs cost ratio, but there's nothing like wearing that first set of platemail. Don't even get me started on full plate mail. Last time I got full plate mail, I kept it. I didn't forward it to anyone.
::D:
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD!

Chain mail is the worst thing to hit our Earth since *insert atomic weapons here*

The bad/good luck is all a load of *insert expletive here* and I always get one to 'find my life companion.' I mean, where di that coem from, for God's sake?
Wedge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count Blockula wrote:
Chain mail is dumb.

Exactly! Very Happy
Ed the Wolf
Superhero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me forever to cut out all those links, and then I had to start over about four times. In the end I had a peice of chain mail one foot square, but someday I'll complete that project.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: