FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: Slave III Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schism

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here 'tis at last! I go back to school tomorrow and I knew my picture-taking time would be at a premium, so I'll enter it a week early. Presenting... the Slave lll!

MOCpages
Brickshelf

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
RecluceMage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[sigh] Guess I'd better quit building now.... Embarassed

While I think it is a fantastic ship, and I'm totally jealous of your building ability, I must confess that I don't think you started this 2 weeks ago with the intent of it being the Slave III. Maybe you did.... but it so doesn't look like anything Boba would pilot (It's white for crying out loud!), and bears no resemblance to the other Slaves (I know, not a requirement, but still nice). Again, I'm not flaming the ship at all, its beautiful, but SO not Boba Fett.
brickscout

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

RecluceMage, I disagree...(Hope you don't take away my mention on straight shooter list) ::D:

First let me say, WOW!
I have a major problem with detailing my creations. I wish i could send my Slave III entry to you Schism, so you could detail it, because your Slave III is really simple but beautiful and menacing at the same time. I do not remember what it was called but the ship Boba Fett flew in the comics (Dark Horse Publishing I believe) after Slave I was destroyed looked similar to this.( Box shape)
Clones were modeled after Jango, they wore mostly white, maybe Boba has a soft side for the color white in his memory...
Anyway, if I could vote, I'd vote for your model...

I should have modified my original Slave III(the escape pod/cockpit) to fit 2 prisoners and entered just that...
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=679134
Schism

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RecluceMage wrote:
While I think it is a fantastic ship, and I'm totally jealous of your building ability, I must confess that I don't think you started this 2 weeks ago with the intent of it being the Slave III. Maybe you did.... but it so doesn't look like anything Boba would pilot (It's white for crying out loud!), and bears no resemblance to the other Slaves (I know, not a requirement, but still nice). Again, I'm not flaming the ship at all, its beautiful, but SO not Boba Fett.

Very untrue and unfair. I started this two weeks ago knowing damn well what I wanted it to be. Granted, it morphed slightly throughout the building process, but I had a certain look in mind.

You know what else I did? I created it with a backstory already in mind. It's a MandalMotors vessel, and as such, I wanted it to bear some resemblance to that other MandalMotors ship, the Slave ll. That said, I think I succeeded in incorporating certain aspects of the Slave ll into my Slave lll.

Boba Fett is not a galaxy-renowned starship designer. He does not have his own line of ships, and thus they cannot possibly bear much resemblance to each other. And, if you read any of my background into at MOCpages, I explained that he only bought another ship to remain undercover. It would be pretty stupid of him to buy something that looks exactly like his other ships.

I apologize if I sound grumpy, but I would really appreciate it if you chose your words more carefully next time, and avoided making accusations like that, when all the facts were carefully written down for your perusal.

brickscout wrote:
RecluceMage, I disagree...(Hope you don't take away my mention on straight shooter list)

First let me say, WOW!
I have a major problem with detailing my creations. I wish i could send my Slave III entry to you Schism, so you could detail it, because your Slave III is really simple but beautiful and menacing at the same time. I do not remember what it was called but the ship Boba Fett flew in the comics (Dark Horse Publishing I believe) after Slave I was destroyed looked similar to this.( Box shape)
Clones were modeled after Jango, they wore mostly white, maybe Boba has a soft side for the color white in his memory...
Anyway, if I could vote, I'd vote for your model...

Thanks a lot, buddy.

MOCpages gallery
FoxPrimus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biff Boom BAM! Crying or Very sad and I'm out for the count. Sorry to disappoint any one that wanted me to compete but with work and little spare time I'm going to have to step down from entering this contest.

Best of luck to all the builders and from the looks of it there's quite a lot of great entries. Have funn! Chow Wink
RecluceMage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schism wrote:
RecluceMage wrote:

Very untrue and unfair. I started this two weeks ago knowing damn well what I wanted it to be. Granted, it morphed slightly throughout the building process, but I had a certain look in mind.

You know what else I did? I created it with a backstory already in mind. It's a MandalMotors vessel, and as such, I wanted it to bear some resemblance to that other MandalMotors ship, the Slave ll. That said, I think I succeeded in incorporating certain aspects of the Slave ll into my Slave lll.

Boba Fett is not a galaxy-renowned starship designer. He does not have his own line of ships, and thus they cannot possibly bear much resemblance to each other. And, if you read any of my background into at MOCpages, I explained that he only bought another ship to remain undercover. It would be pretty stupid of him to buy something that looks exactly like his other ships.

I apologize if I sound grumpy, but I would really appreciate it if you chose your words more carefully next time, and avoided making accusations like that, when all the facts were carefully written down for your perusal.

Gee, I'm so sorry you misread what I typed. Maybe halfway through reading my post you stopped reading it and missed the last line
Quote:
Again, I'm not flaming the ship at all, its beautiful, but SO not Boba Fett

Although that still doesn't excuse missing the first line where I laude your building skill
Quote:
[sigh] Guess I'd better quit building now... [snip] I'm totally jealous of your building ability

I'll stop commenting now since I'm getting a bit angry over people not reading what I write.... but geez man, you don't have to flame me. I gave my opinion, without using profanity or anything. It's constructive criticism, plain and simple. And yes, I did read the background, it was an enjoyable read.
Schism

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recluce Mage -

Sigh..... I apologize for getting uptight about this. I might have spent more time contemplating your compliments if they weren't sandwiched between accusations of me not intending from the start to enter this in the contest. This hobby is important to me, and I'm sorry if I overreacted.

Thanks for your kind words. Whatever other stuff you might have thrown in with the praise, I was wrong to overlook it.

MOCpages gallery
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, I don't mean to but in but compliments should be dealt with through PMs the more posts the merrier it is for me to search the pages. I hate to be a hard nose but recluse mage you can't say one thing then say another. You were clearly flaming him and this is not the place. The MOC pages is the place. Good luck to future builders.

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
RecluceMage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I say it didn't look like you had intended it as the Slave III is because of the radical change in color. The other Slaves have been so.... dark. I understand WHY you made it white, but my first thought upon seeing it was that you had been building some really awesome parts to a ship and when the contest was announced decided to "adapt" them into your Slave III. It's a very cool design, and I'm envious of all the SNOT and hidden stuff in it. I guess it just looks more like a commercial ship than a Mercenary/Bounty hunter craft. I am impressed with how much interior detail you managed to cram into the ship, as well as the "removable" panels to expose the interior. I am attepting to do the same with my Slave III, but I've never really built a MOC this large before.
jarman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new slave III:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=144777

flies vertically and horizontally.
Side is left open to see inside.

The wing on the right side has been omitted, but it would really be there.
gold_2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarman1 wrote:
My new slave III:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=144777

flies vertically and horizontally.
Side is left open to see inside.

The wing on the right side has been omitted, but it would really be there.

so far, this design is the best combination of the previous 2 Slave ships, but I think it needs much more work. the rendered models, while legal for the contest, are clearly at a disadvantage here. the level of detail is just not possible, and the computer just cant compare to real bricks.

Jarman, this is a good starting point, but I'd suggest:
-1: real bricks
-2: much more greebleing. the SW universe is not so smooth, except on Naboo
-3. more detail. build some bunks and other stuff. this Slave III is a little sparse. but if you expand this design, you could have a nice little ship. Wink
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarman- one entry per scale per person, pick which one you want to judge and delete the other.

Gold 2, Long time no see, You wouldn't give up your x-wing for a few less than thirty people, would you? Wink

Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 13th still the deadline? I'm sorry if this has been asked already, I didn't see it.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
jarman1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am counting my second one. I just updated my model though

Note: I do not have a digital camera, yet.
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights wrote:
Is the 13th still the deadline? I'm sorry if this has been asked already, I didn't see it.

Sure is, unless enough people need an extension but it's Saturday you have the weekend to build one (plenty of time).

Any other questions feel free to PM me

gold_2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlasticJedi wrote:
Gold 2, Long time no see, You wouldn't give up your x-wing for a few less than thirty people, would you? Wink

sorry. not a chance. I was hoping to get more people to jump in the competition but lately things around here have been depressing. a $50 set and no interest! maybe this will get folks to build something, there's still time

by the way, I thought the 17th was the deadline! guess I'll have to hurry and finish my own model! Very Happy
Darth Cicilion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My entry, inspired by the Asylum Shipyards Slave III:

Brickshelf deeplinks:

Front view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cicilion/MOCs/Slave3/s4020250.jpg

Back view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cicilion/MOCs/Slave3/s4020259.jpg

Isometric view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cicilion/MOCs/Slave3/s4020171.jpg

Exploded shot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cicilion/MOCs/Slave3/s4020273.jpg

Bad-patootie bounty hunter
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Cicilion/MOCs/Slave3/s4020274.jpg

Full gallery when moderated:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=144970
Scout Troopa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days to go...
The competition is looking fierce...
Who will win?...
Schism

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's 2 days? I just can't keep track of this deadline madness.

MOCpages gallery
gold_2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, like FoxPrimus, my life has gotten in the way once again. I'm out. there is no way I'll be able to finish by Midnight Tuesday, and that's even if I neglect my Arabic HW. looks like I'm short on pieces as well, but time is the real factor here. still, it was fun experimenting, and had I more time, like another year or two...
Scout Troopa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now it's 2 days? I just can't keep track of this deadline madness.

Whoops!
Sorry, my watch was one day behind!
I'm sure that todays the deadline. Or was it October?
Or was it 13th of September 2006?
I don't know...
Good luck to everyone who entered. This has been real fun!
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold_2, you're right it was the 17th Confused. I accidentally hit edit instead of quote on my rules and deleted everything and I thought it was the 13th but after reviewing it was indeed the 17th. Thus I hereby extend the deadline to the 17th. Sorry for the confusion. It's a fifty dollar set people!!! We need 30 entries, right now we only have around 17 Confused

Good Luck and happy Building

Due Date: September 17th 2005 by midnight

RecluceMage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be entering, so move that number up to 18.... just putting the finishing touches on.
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18th how come?

RecluceMage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, No, I mean you now have 18 participants. Only need 12 more to come out of the woodwork to reach 30!
Red 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 18th, 18. Now there are eighteen entries.
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there really? I never actually counted Wink

EDIT: Now I only count 11

brickscout

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Darth Cicilion entry... Reply with quote

Darth Cicilion,
Cool design. I like the exploded view shot because it makes you realise this ship could actually be made by LEGO as it seems to be well detailed with less than 200 parts! Great job! (And you could easily store this set to rebuild later)
Neyo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... Heres mine...! Very Happy

Kuat Drive Yards & Corellian Engineering Corporation Co-product!
D - Forger/95 Prototype or Slave III

It has room for more than 2 minifigs.. Wink
and.. 2 levels:
#1 Cargo & entrance/exit
#2 command bridge

BTW! I think That Luke would faint if he see This Instead of Millenium Falcon! Very Happy (what a piece Of.. j... *hit the floor sound*)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0036.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0039.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0040.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0041.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0042.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0044.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0047.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0048.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0053.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0056.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0065.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0066.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0067.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0068.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0073.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0084.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0085.jpg

And Finaly- ladder That Lead To the Bridge Very Happy
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Neyo/SlaveIII/pict0086.jpg

Neyo

Last edited by Neyo on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Neyo, That's great! Very Happy Beautifully done.

I should be enetring soon, so that brings up to 20?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: