FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worst Lego City line ever

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gritsen

Location: Little cottage in the middle of a swamp (that´s in Finland!).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Worst Lego City line ever Reply with quote

I think it´s the 1998´s sets

In 1994-1996 the Lego City line was Good, but then it became worse and worse! And in 1998 it happened! Of course you do remember these awful 1998 City sets! And that Green-windowed Polise station! And the Cars! One big black baseplate with some S**t on it! Those Designers were LAZY!
"Easy to build, they said!" Oh, my god! They were easy to build, but nothing more, nothing less!

What do you think?

,-----(o)[*](o)-----, ~ ¤\-==-{[]"<__\
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That line is the worst line in *all* of Lego history.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZombieAthos
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That line is the worst line in *all* of Lego history.

Give it a few months, I'm sure Lego will out do itself in crappiness. Smile Afterall the Dinos are coming...

Steve
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those "Raptors" are made from like one big piece of plastic. I prefer the dinosaurs from the Jurassic Park 3 Movie-maker line. At least those had some playability.
ConanTheLibrarian89

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. They were oddly shaped and all-around akward.
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they were made from more than one piece.
ZombieSeptemris
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that my kids are particularly attracted by all the LEGO creatures: dolphins, T-Rex's, dragons, polar bears...

I just know they would love these one piece dinos. So from a kids perception, I think that LEGO is not mistaking by producing the dinos this way.
ZombieAthos
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Lego creatures: horses, polar bears, monkeys, even the dragons and the Adventurer's dinosaurs. These new dinos aren't even close to Lego.

Steve
Duchessa
The Queen [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Septemris wrote:
.... T-Rex's, dragons..

Hmm.. I wonder what clever person that gave your kids a T-Rex and a Dragon Fortress Golden dragon.... Cool
ZombieSeptemris
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, these Dinos are not official yet, maybe they'll be more LEGOish in the final product. But probably not.

I'm sure there was a lot of uproar when they chose to do one piece horses instead of the yellow castle type. LEGO is now more a mix of action figure and construction toy.

I would personnaly prefer having just 1990's like sets, but LEGO is evolving. If it's really not good, it'll just give me more money to buy the sets I missed in the 90's. Cool

----

That clever person cannot be identified... security reasons. Razz
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Septemris wrote:
I'm sure there was a lot of uproar when they chose to do one piece horses instead of the yellow castle type. LEGO is now more a mix of action figure and construction toy.

Or minifigs! (Their precursors, anyway.) They used to be more "brick"ish as well. The move to "solid" horses never bothered me though, unlike the green dinosaur line from a few years ago or the lizard Obi-wan's riding in the new EPIII set. The horse was already small so it made sense to have it more or less one piece with a couple studs to build off of, but creatures like the dinos and lizard just look goofy being that big and made from solid, larger pieces. IMO.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
LD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Lego City line ever Reply with quote

Gritsen wrote:
I think it´s the 1998´s sets

In 1994-1996 the Lego City line was Good, but then it became worse and worse! And in 1998 it happened! Of course you do remember these awful 1998 City sets! And that Green-windowed Polise station! And the Cars! One big black baseplate with some S**t on it! Those Designers were LAZY!
"Easy to build, they said!" Oh, my god! They were easy to build, but nothing more, nothing less!

What do you think?

Was that the year where all the City sets were replaced by ones with few, but large bricks? The cars got painted-on fronts and the smallest wheels were removed?

If yes, then I'll copy you on that. It hurt back then since the new sets couldn't just be used to bulk bricks in complex or highly detailed models.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I also think most theme in these two years 1997-1998 were the worst ever produced; with a couple of exceptions...

My Brickshelf Gallery
Wedge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Septemris wrote:
I have to say that my kids are particularly attracted by all the LEGO creatures: dolphins, T-Rex's, dragons, polar bears...

I just know they would love these one piece dinos. So from a kids perception, I think that LEGO is not mistaking by producing the dinos this way.

Exactly!! Very Happy
Gritsen

Location: Little cottage in the middle of a swamp (that´s in Finland!).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Lego City line ever Reply with quote

Was that the year where all the City sets were replaced by ones with few, but large bricks? The cars got painted-on fronts and the smallest wheels were removed?

If yes, then I'll copy you on that. It hurt back then since the new sets couldn't just be used to bulk bricks in complex or highly detailed models.

Yes, I mean that line. That line was horrible poodoo.

I hope that 2005 is better City year. Police station is Great, and cars are good. They have also the redesign of that yellow cleaning car (I don´t remember number), what is good. It is the cutest lego car ever! And now it is better! It has also red canister on it´s back! And the new wheels are great!!

But the 2003-2004 World city was not-so good line. Some sets were Good.

,-----(o)[*](o)-----, ~ ¤\-==-{[]"<__\
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: