FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

second leogo Star Wars Game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-1-kenobi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: second leogo Star Wars Game? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anybody else has the same opinion as mine and that they should make a second Lego star wars game. With the original trilogy.
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, heck yeah. LEGO would be insane not to do that. The bonus level on the current game is proof positive that it can be done successfully. Smile

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Akaia0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be done, most of us are sure of that. And it's gonna be great.
Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, only two words to describe this: "no" and "brainer".
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego wouldn't make a PT without an OT. That game's been a huge hit and I'm positive an OT is on the way.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
nofxowl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was so incredibly upset when i found out that all of that coin searching through each level only earned me one bonus level, i was thinking i could unlock the entire 4th installment, boy howdy was i dissapointed. i cant wait, anyone have any info yet?

-Cowboy Bebop

20 years of age...
Obi-1-kenobi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks For the posts!! Very Happy This time there better be more craft missions.
LegosJedi

Location: Building with LEGO, somewhere, in a galaxy far, far away...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my brother said that one of the kids at school said that, for the GBA SP version, if you get, like, all the death star plans, you get an ep. 4 level. Is this true?
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for the PS2, if you collect enough studs from each level and get "true Jedi status" for every level, the first scene of Ep IV is a level.

nofxowl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same with xbox. just vader going around and killing rebel guards and collecting a grip load of blue coins

-Cowboy Bebop

20 years of age...
The emperor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There probebly will be as at the end of Ep.4 it says 'to be continued...'
and bring me a sandwitch im starvin'.
Device64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really expect them to make right now. It will come out, i hope but not until the new redesigned sets in Janurary come out. then the new ship would all be there. i think thats obvous.
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Device64 wrote:
Do you really expect them to make right now. It will come out, i hope but not until the new redesigned sets in Janurary come out. then the new ship would all be there. i think thats obvous.

There would be lots of news about it, they don't just go *Poof!* "Here's a game go buy it". You'll have heard about it months in advance.
Yesh the Gearhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would enjoy an OT LSW (as I have said many times before). They would have to do something about the Ep. IV level, because it is way to short and empty. Besides, giving you mass amounts of bricks on the first level (my record of studs on it is like 120,000, due to being able to go back to the hallway panels and destroy them).

What levels do you suppose they will make?

Ep. IV

Chapter 1: Imperial Capture
Chapter 2: The Dune Sea ( Luke trying to fight off Tusken Raiders. Its a stretch, I know). *
Chapter 3: Millenium Falcon's Escape
Chapter 4: Death Star ( rescuing Leia)
Chapter 5: Darth Vader (vs. Ben)
Chapter 6: TIE Fighter Attack*
Chapter 7: Battle of Yavin

Ep. V

Chapter 1: Wampa (Boss Level, another stretch)*
Chapter 2: Battle of Hoth (in snowspeeders)
Chapter 3: Escape From Hoth ( Leia and Han running from Snowies)*
Chapter 4: Imperial Chase (aboard the Falcon)
Chapter 5: Jedi Training (Obstacle course style, fight with Vader in the cave at the end)*
Chapter 6: Escape from Cloud City ( Leia, Chewie, Lando, and R2-D2).
Chapter 7: Darth Vader (vs. Luke)

Ep. VI

Chapter 1: Rancor (Boss levelMight have something to do with Jabba's Palace to give it some length, like Discovery on Kamino in the current LSW)*
Chapter 2: The Sarlacc
Chapter 3: Speeder Bike chase
Chapter 4: Shield Bunker
Chapter 5: Battle of Endor
Chapter 6: Ewok Attack*
Chapter 7: Vader (and the Emperor)

*Levels that are least likely to be in the game

Super kit could be the Executor, and the Bonus Level could be Battle of Hoth in AT-AT's.
rsoriano81

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have great news for those who don't get EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly)

In the rumor mill report, they quote:

"Actually, I'm hearing that the surpisingly popular Lego Star Wars is receiving a follow-up, and will take you through the major events of Episodes IV, V, and VI. Hopefully, this one throws a bone to older Padawans like myself and ups the difficulty."

I personally think they will more than likely make the game and hopefully it will be 10 times better!
Obi-1-kenobi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yippeeee!!!!!
DixonHill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesh the Gearhead wrote:
What levels do you suppose they will make?

Ep. VI

Chapter 6: Ewok Attack*

*Levels that are least likely to be in the game

As much as I hate to say it, there's going to be Ewoks in the game. After all, they did give us Jar-Jar. Just remember you can always blast their yub-yub be-hinds into oblivion to make yourself feel better. Wink

I've said it elsewhere on this board: My money is on Lego releasing the follow-up at the same time that Lucas brings the OT back to the silver screen in 2007. I'm not making this up, he's gone on record stating that he's going to re-re-rerelease the OT in 3D (yes, 3D) in 2007. Assuming the standard May 19th release, we'll probably see LSW2 in April sometime.

The logic of this release timing works when you think about it. Lego will still have the license in 2007, most of the ships/figs in the game should have already been released (so there won't be any "I wonder why they didn't make that ship an actual set" questions), and they can ride the merchandising wave that will no doubt accompany the new releases.

They call me Mr. Dix!,
Dix

All your base are belong to Ken Jennings
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone over at another forum posted his friends idea about multiplayer!

Five Royal Guards have found a canister, by encountering which they've openned a hidden sector with some temporary bonusses in it, but on their way back they're intercepted by a party of Droids and an AAT controlled by a blue Droid Pilot, one Royal Guard quickly jumps into a Gian speeder and covers an escape route while others retreat through grapple hooks, and here comes Jango Fett, Gian Speeder with it's rider is destroyed, player to be revived thiry seconds after that, and enter Jango Fett, who pursuits the Royal Guards, fires a rocket and kills two of the Guards....

Little green dude joins the server, and picks Han Solo as his minifig, not wanting to join any side of a brawl, he decides to be against all of them, in the end being smacked by Jango Fett, then, the game time ends and map changes, to Geonosis Arena, where all suddenly picked up Jedi and Sith characters and started fighting against each other, there were even two people who have chosen Grievous, but a Darth Vader player uses Vader's choke ability and manages slowly to kill one of the Grievous' players without even going into direct contact with his saber. A Yoda minifig is seen jumping over the characters, with it's player not managing to control Yoda in this brawl, while (RBN)_Klos, of the Red Big Noses clan, who controls Palpatine is tired of all this lightsaber battle and uses lightning, then he changes his minifg (but with a death penalty) to Boba Fett, and with Jetpack on he fires rocket after rocket, killing people, but, some players were fast enough to push the rockets back into (RBN)_Klos, who has fallen down, and quickly took his blaster, firing at an Obi-Wan Kenobi player, who deflected Klos' bolts right into his Boba, not managing to dodge because of a sudden lag. Then someone with a nick KL_Vanos_LK joins the server, choses General Grievous as his minifig, and... kills all people in one hit, even if they block his attacks!

Cheater!

Suddenly the server hoster, ROTS_ROCKS! said "brb", and joined as a spectator... and he left, leaving the cheater rampaging on the arena! People were getting desperate, most of their points were approximatly: "Kills - 10, Deaths - 40", and two people already left! And KL_Vanos_LK had 245 kills! The server hoster, returning, sees all this and permabans the cheater (and his IP) from this server, and people decide to choose a new map to start over. A new patch was released which allowed to have multiplayer Podraces on a track map, so people decided to try it. But because only two players had the patch, all others crashed from server, so they quickly decided to change it to some other map.

Trade Federation Battleship - Capture the Canister mode.

The one who had the Canister couldn't attack, jump or do special abilities, only move... and move slowely, as Yoda when with stick. But it was irony of some sort that a Yoda player took the canister, and he moved even slower. The Yoda player was pissed off, threw the canister away, activated his saber and started rampaging over the map, while someone else took the canister.

In the end, nobody won, it was 1-1, the game ended because of time limit, so they decided to do FFA game again, only on a Kashyyyk-custom map, which, luckily, all had, so no crashes, and they decided to recreate the Battle of Kashyyyk. The battle was comencing with 9 droid players, 5 Clone players, 3 Wookie players, a Yoda player and a Chewbacca player, where Wookies were in heaven, where only they could use the ropes for a quick jump to somewhere, of course, not without the Tarzan yelling. But then, the server's connection messed up, powercut, and he decided not to create a server again, but to rest after four hours of great game.

This was what he said.
DixonHill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Thrawn wrote:
{Some stream of consciousness post from some other board that is waaaay too busy to follow}

Uhhhh........ yeah. Dude, lay off the caffeine and sugar.

"Are you threatening me?",
Dix(holio)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yesh the Gearhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DixonHill wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, there's going to be Ewoks in the game. After all, they did give us Jar-Jar. Just remember you can always blast their yub-yub be-hinds into oblivion to make yourself feel better.

I don't have a problem with ewoks, but TLC had an annoying knack of taking out important scenes from the movies (Chasing Zam, Droid Control Ship attack, General Grievous Chase, and Jango vs. Obi-wan in space). Heck, the more Endor levels, the better.

What characters are you guys looking forward to?
DixonHill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesh the Gearhead wrote:
I don't have a problem with ewoks, but TLC had an annoying knack of taking out important scenes from the movies (Chasing Zam, Droid Control Ship attack, General Grievous Chase, and Jango vs. Obi-wan in space). Heck, the more Endor levels, the better.

Agreed. Though with the next installment presumably 2 years off and the basic engine and models already built for most minifigs and brick pieces, you have to imagine that LSW2 will be a more polished (and finished) game.

Yesh the Gearhead wrote:
What characters are you guys looking forward to?

Personally, Jabba, Mynocks, IG-88, Taun-tauns(!), Admiral Akbar, and Ghost Obi-wan. Ghost Obi-Wan will be cool... Lego should really include him in any Taun-taun patrol set they make. I mean, c'mon, they've already got the translucent blue plastic, just make a minifig mold out of it. Smile How cool would that be?

Oh, and Porkins and Dack. Dack because I want to see if they put his "splat" cutscene into the game in some amusing way like the pilots that get killed at the beginning of TPM, and Porkins because I've always wanted to see what a fat (sorry, horizontally endowed) minifig looks like.

My master done died and I gots me the translucent blues, oh yeah,
Dix

Glorious Kyle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree, LSW:TVG2 is inevitable- but also an uncomfortably long way away... Wich also means we'll probably have to shell out the cash for one of those shiny new generations of consoles just to play it. Hopefully, this will also offer plenty of time for the developers to take advice from the fans on what needs improvement!

Like say,
-variable levels of difficulty for maximum enjoyment.
-longer, action packed cutscenes
-more vehicle based levels
-lots more hidden, unlockable secrets
DixonHill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorious Kyle wrote:
Hopefully, this will also offer plenty of time for the developers to take advice from the fans on what needs improvement!

Like say,
-variable levels of difficulty for maximum enjoyment.
-longer, action packed cutscenes
-more vehicle based levels
-lots more hidden, unlockable secrets

I'd add to that list a few items that would help the game to be playable long after completion. Namely:

- Online Multi-Player (by 2007, the new systems had better have this feature standard with functionality for most games)

- Head-to-head Street Fighter-style 2-Player mini-game. A great option for parties, pitting one player against another using any (armed) character you want.

- Not sure what to call this, but basically a mini-game where you pick a character and walk into a room with a few baddies. Kill them all, get some health, maybe a power-up for your weapon or health bar and then go to the next room where the baddies are harder or in larger quantity. Think about it, you can easily create a game like this that will randomly pick a group of enemies for you to defeat and make the enemies harder with each new room. Arcade game companies made oodles of cash with this formula in the 80s.

If anyone remembers a game called Driver, it had a whole menu dedicated to these "party" games that you could play for a few minutes (or in some extreme cases, only a few seconds) and then pass the controller to someone else to see who could get the best score. That sort of thing kept that game alive in my Playstation looooong after I finished the game. (It's also like Burnout... who can rack up the most damage or cause the most spectacular crash.)

Play it again, Sam,
Dix

WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, G-Phoria on G4 said that the"Best Adaptation:
LEGO Star Wars The Video Game".

http://www.g4tv.com/html/about/press/showrelease.asp?pressrelease_key=81

Wedge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swoosh Factor wrote:
Yup, only two words to describe this: "no" and "brainer".

Indeed.
Magnaguard000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesh the Gearhead wrote:
Super kit could be the Executor, and the Bonus Level could be Battle of Hoth in AT-AT's.

That would be awesome!
mr. commander cody

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm I think there would be only 1 ship level in a movie cuz thats how they did it before.
jp-30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there were a lot more things hapening in vehicles in the original movies than on foot.

Heck, without vehicles, the only 2 locations in ANH are Tatooine and inside the Death Star.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr. commander cody wrote:
umm I think there would be only 1 ship level in a movie cuz thats how they did it before.

That is true, but originally there was two in Ep. I, Three in Ep. II, and Two in Ep. III. They cut out the other four levels, but they at least considered them. If they only included one level with vehicles per movie, then that would mean that (according to my layout) Ep. IV and Ep. V would only have four levels, and Ep. VI would have five levels. The main gripe about LSW is that it is too short. It has only 18 levels including the bonus level. This one would only have 14 levels including the bonus level, which is also a vehicle level.
Akaia0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which was the third vehicle level in Ep. II. and the second in Ep. III? I know about the Bounty Hunter Pursuit from Ep. II...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: