FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UCS Jedi Interceptor 1.5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guybrush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: UCS Jedi Interceptor 1.5 Reply with quote

http://www.fbtb.net/gareth/UCSjint/index.html

Okay, Okay, I'll finally say it; This thing is growing on me. Wink

Anyhoo, I found some more source material and tweaked my Jedi Interceptor a bit. I think it's not only more accurate now, but also a fair bit more attractive.

Changes:
1. Slightly raised cockpit relative to side panels.
2. Updated yellow markings around front into more accurate shape.
3. Engines enlarged and built into the body instead of being tacked on the back.
4. cockpit lengthened by one stud, and a rounder, more accurate underside developed.
5. Perhaps most importantly, the side panels sit at a shallower angle.
6. The front half of the side panels (the yellow tines) sit 1 stud closer to the mid-line.

Here's the main site I used for reference so you can check accuracy; http://www.geocities.com/kwenn86/eta2jedistarfighter

The multimedia link down the bottom has a bunch of good pictures, but beware of other links going off that site to cjb sites. They try to install things.
JoshNoullet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I believe you replaced some round tiles on the front with the Republic logo tile.

The changes are subtle but really do make the ship look better from the first version. It just seems to "gel" better to me now.

I like it.
Darth_Mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. There are so many different design elements and styles going on with this model it's amazing. A really nice model.

My only advice would be to maybe add a little more to the tips of the two main cannons in front.
guybrush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's also only on the one side instead of both. That's something that became kinda obvious once I got the extra source material.
Old Republic
Master Jedi [VET]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fighter is growing on me too. I think the design really lends itself to LEGO quite well. While I usually like a yellow/dark grey combo, I don't like it much on this little SF. What, did it come from Naboo? Ooooooh....it's a marketing gimmick, ah right.
Did you find that, like your Delta 7, the official set was almost the right 'scale' for UCS? Were you tempted to use the entire new cockpit bubble for it then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
guybrush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.R.- Well, I have no idea what size the actual ship is supposed to be. Given the relative size of the R2 head in the movie stills, I would guess like 4 meters tops, in which case, yes, the minifig version is actually UCS cale.

I've sort of stopped caring so much about scale. I came up first with the idea of how to do the cockpit, and the rest took shape around it. I certainly won't bother resizing it when an official measurement DOES come out, since alot of officical measurements seem to be pulled out of thin air.

I like that my classic rebel fleet ships are all in the same scale, but who really cares if the new JSF matches my at-at or cloud car ya know?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: