FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caucasian Minifigs, what's your opinion?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Minifig MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galenator
Customs [VET]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Caucasian Minifigs, what's your opinion? Reply with quote

OK, maybe I'm just opening a can of worms here, but I'm curious to know the opinions of my fellow FBTB'ers.
I'm sure you've seen that LEGO is not using Yellow as the minifig skin color now (only for movie based sets), and all ROTS minfigs will not be yellow.
I'm kinda torn, since I think it's kinda cool and offers more options for aliens etc. On the other hand, it bothers me, regarding continuity with *all* the other minifigs I've already got (bought from LEGO) and the customs I've made myself -- which have the traditional LEGO Yellow skin tone.
What do you think? I wanna hear it, so sound off.
www.dcswcc.com
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

Argument 1: People were fine with yellow right?
Argument 2: Peach is not cool its peach. Wink
Argument 3: why change the color when the whole line is gonna be discontinued in 07?
Argument 4: Are they gonna change all the models at Legoland to Peachey tone?
Argument 5: Its not like their gonna rake in billions by changing the color Rolling Eyes

Well thats just me but the Good 'ol Yellow is still the best Smile

End of rant. *wipes sweat off face*
Sklar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the point of it. Sure, they want peach for caucasians, brown for africans (or other black people) and whatnot, but yellow was already universal. There were caucasians, amerindians, etc already done in yellow. They don't have the same skin tone, but they were all yellow.
porschecm2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally, I kind of like the new skin tone figures. I think they look pretty good. The old basketball skin tones looked like serious sunburn, though. That having been said, I wish skin-tones had never been introduced. I like them, yes. But I can't use them with my yellow figs, which I love just as much. Also, I think introducing skin-tones just lets loose the whole racial mess which Lego had previously stayed out of. Some people try to say that yellow figs only portray caucasians, but really, yellow doesn't match anything. It's a world-wide single race. It doesn't accurately portray any real skin colour of people. Yellow doesn't match my white skin any more than it matches someone else's black skin. I'm just really glad that Lego is keeping skin tones to the licensed lines. That way, I can still get both yellow and skin tones, to use when I want.

Cm2

MOCpages
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I could care less. They're all being drafted into the auxiliary forces of the Imperium anyway. Not that they're being treated as "sub-human/minifig" or anything, they just form their own, alien legions. I guess it is kinda racist. Racist against peach and brown. Pro-yellow. But then again, I do segregate my bleys and greys, browns and red-browns. Dammit, I've become a monster. Razz

But really, I don't care either way. I just need to get some peachy figs. My only one is Anakin. I need more for those barbarian allies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
minivenom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer yellow could be used for light skin (white, asian, etc...) and brown could be used for brown and black skinned folks. I think that would have worked out great, but I can see how it would have made LEGO look like their whole line up to now consisted of "light skinned" people. I don't like the peach skins, but it's easy enough to switch out hands and a head to make them better.
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must.. Kill peach! Twisted Evil
Hman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuity is my number one concern with the skin toned figures, as galenator mentioned.
Fancies Mudkips

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet another thing to add to the list of things that have been sacraficed on the alter of political correctness... Crying or Very sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Minifig MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: