FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: Wanna win an Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter from me
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Ended: Wanna win an Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter from me Reply with quote

So there are certainly plenty of ways out there to get your hands on an Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter. But what makes this one so special, you might ask? Well, I was thinking to myself the other day, "Self, what would be a fun, silly, and original idea for people to win a MINI JSF?"

So here's the dealie-o. If you want yourself a mint in polybag Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter, tell me why. Cook up the funniest, silliest, most random and pathetic sob story I've ever heard as to why you haven't been able to get your hands on a MINI JSF, despite all the promos and stuff going around since before the release of Revenge of the Sith.

Couple of ground rules:

Your entry must be posted here.
PLEASE go the extra mile and spell out all your words, use your Shift key, and make sure your story is readable. Remember, your winning this contest depends very much on whether or not your story can be read and understood.
Be creative, and have fun!

This contest ends next Friday, July 8. As I said before, the winner will receive a mint in polybag Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter, completely free! So get to it, FBTB'ers! Have fun, and good luck!

Flickr <•> Big C's Blog

Last edited by Big Z on Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this should be interesting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must enter! I love stuff like this! Very Happy
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Theme=Aquazone
Unknownjedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: True Story Reply with quote

I was scrolling through the FBTB Forum as if it were any other day. Then something caught my eye:
"Wanna win an Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter from me?"
"Yes, my chance to win a mini Jedi Starfighter!" I thought to myself as I read the thread carefully. I clicked the Reply button and began typing. At about my 30th sentence, I did it. My finger scuffed the wrong key combination, and the page closed. All my work was gone; every single sentence: destroyed.
"Noooooo!!!!" I screamed as I franticly tried to get my work back. It was no use.
So I opened another window, and began typing yet again. And here I am typing endlessly, and for what? For a simple Lego set? No, not just a Lego set.

It's all for a mini Jedi Interceptor...

MOC Pages
Lucas Quiggly
King O' Zombies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time I went to Toys-R-us after saving my money for weeks and weeks cleaning the house it's not much because and I saw the last MINI Jedi Star fighter as I reached for it this HUGE spider crawled up from behind it! I screamed "AAAAHHHHHHHH SPIDER!!!!!!" I fell back and hit the shelf behind me and it tiped over and hit the other and like dominoes all the other shelves fell over and workers started running for me so I grabbed the Lego set and ran and checked out real fast in the Self-Check Out and ran home! The first thing you see when you walk thorugh the door is a computer on top of some boxes,legos which thats what made us "Po" it's not Po with the other "o-r" its Po in our dictionary it's a two letter word PO!
But anyway when I got home I opened the bag and the set was...was...was A BELEVILLE SET Shocked Crying or Very sad !!!!! I looked In the bag for the Receipt and It was Gone!!! I left it at the Self-Check out!
Sence thene Iv'e Swore my revenge on Toys-R-Us Hhahahaahahahah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by Lucas Quiggly on Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sklar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This past May, while I was in New York, I stopped at TRU there to pick up some sets. I got two StarWars sets, and a StarWars action figure, all Episode III related, then I went to the cash to pay for them. (Because if I didn't, the BEEP BEEP BEEP would have gone off when I left the store, and I get bad migraines from loud noises such as the BEEP BEEP BEEP).

So I went to the cash I did. I handed the packages to the cashier, who scanned them and then said “That’ll be $51.95, would you like fries with that?” to which I responded “Fries?! At Toys-R-Us? YES!” As I said that, I realized that none of that had happened, and I was still waiting in line, watching the cashier and other customers.

So finally my turn came by. I handed her the packages, which she scanned then told me how much to pay. I looked around, so as to not be seen, then took out my monies and counted them. I handed her the amount in question, and she then put it in the register. She then handed be my bill and change, which I put into my pocket (for at this time I did not have a wallet, only the money pouch for the holding of bills). I took the bag with my newly acquired items, and waited a moment. “Next!” she said prominently, so I moved aside.

What of my free mini? This all happened during the promotional period. I was saddened. My friend was next in line. He too was purchasing StarWars Lego, and met the criteria for receiving a free mini. But he did not! We were just about to ask for our promised mini when the DRING DRING DRING alarm went off on my cellular phone. That alarm meant that I had 5 minutes to be at the rendezvous point at which our group (this was a school trip you see) was to meet. Had I been late, I would have been in dire trouble. So I had to leave, mini un-had.

And so the story ends here.

A week point five later, I found news that the TRU in my locality was in fact running the mini promotion. What joy! I scavenged up some money, and headed out. I was to pick up a new set, and receive my long-deserved freebie. But on the way, tragedy struck. I took the number 208 bus to the mall, which conveniently is also the bus terminal. Toys-R-Us is located in the shopping center across the street from there, but it is a dastardly street to cross.

Boulevard St-Jean, and the cross-section at autoroute 40. Six lanes (3 in each direction) of Montreal drivers. Hard to cross it is. I made it across, but not without harm. I dropped my bus fare on the ground, and could not go back to retrieve it. As I entered the parking lot to the shopping center where TRU was located, I noticed a kitty.

I tried to ignore it, and continue forward to the store. But this was no ordinary kitty. Mittens was a three-legged cat from Hell. (Yes, Hell. It said so on her collar, “Hell, AZ”.) Mittens the cat was brown and looked upset that day. As I walked, he followed. I turned my back, trying to ignore him, and that’s when he struck. He jumped onto my backpack, and started clawing at me, waving his half-tail in the air. I fell to the ground in agony, as Mittens tore open my pocket and chewed through my wallet.

“No!” I shouted as I watched the money I had for the Lego sets tear to pieces, along with all my cards and bills, and the wallet itself. Mittens then left, satisfied with my pain. “At least I still have my dignity,” I though. Just then, a car passed by, over a puddle, and splashed me. I was now soaked, hurt, and once again, without my mini starfighter.

Oh, and did I mention that as that happened, the girl I liked saw all of it happening, and then never took me seriously again? Because that happened too.

This has been a free-as-in-beer public service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Sklar. This document is licensed under the GPL, and may be freely distributed. 75% truth by volume.
darthjedi14

Location: In a spitting contest with the old guy on the porch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by darthjedi14 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
darthjedi14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, *sobs*, this is very hard to bring up but I'll try. *Sniffle Sniffle* My father lost his job at the trash compaction center, so my family was forced to sell every thing we own! *Boohoo* I tried to keep some of my Lego sets, but I was forced to sell all of them! My MOCs, my first sets, and the set that my great grandfather gave me for Christmas, which was also the day he died. Ever since that day I loved and cherished that set, I never let it out of my sight! That is, until this day came. I hid it in the last place that I thought they ( "they" being the IRS) would look, in my secret laboratory in our basement. Well, it turns out that they took everything from us, including the secret laboratory ( It wasn't in the house blueprints so I don't know how they found it). I was standing in the secret bookcase entrance when they found it, they never saw me standing there. They then proceeded to swiping it up and pondered it for a moment. Next, in almost one fluent action, spat on it and threw it to the ground! My heart sank. I ran from the room wailing, my eyes gushing with tears and spitting up the pudding I recently ate! I could not stand the brutality! Man vs. Lego, man won.

I ran to a separate room and huddled in a corner. My parents came in later and put their arms around me and said, " Your too old for Lego's any way. It's time you grew up. YOU LITTLE BABY, GROW UP, OR WE'RE KICKIN' YOU OUT, YO!"

Broken hearted, I slowly stood up and cooly walked from the room saying, " Forget you homie.". Only to fall down the stairs, breaking my collar bone and neck.

Due to our lack of money, I was never able to buy a mini JSF, or pay for gas to find one. And only now could I get to a computer to enter a contest. WHY ME, WHY ME!! *BOOHOO BOOHOO BOOHOO* Oh crud, here comes the onwer of this house, I need to make this quick so I won't be arrested.

I have never played with a Lego since, and I know that winning this contest could fill that hole in my heart, which was lost when I fell down the stairs. Thank you."

P.S.

"If I win, could you send the set to Mars. That's where I was relocated to. It was as an experiment, to see if we could survive there, it was the only way to get money. The Martian customs will change the $ to %#^ ( Martian Script).

*Door Knob Turns, And someone spots me*
Owner-" Hey you What are you doing here! I'm callin' the cops!"

Darthjedi-" Oh crap! Please let me win!" *weewooo wee woo wee woo*
"PLEASE! AND THANK YOU!"
- The End
Ian Altano

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: THE most sobbiest story Reply with quote

The moment I started writing this, my dad coughed and choked in his sandwich Shocked , because my dad was choking, my mom was startled and had a hart attack Sad , because she had a hart attack, she dropped the dangerous can of sulphuric acid with which she was working, my dog thought it was liquor and started to drink the stuff: my dog died... :cry:next, my grandma steps in to find my mom, dad and dog dead. Confused She thinks its' the work of a murderer and takes my sister and leaves for France... I'm all alone.. Crying or Very sad . Now, I eat from garbage cans and spend my days in the mall asking for some change... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Now isn't that sad?!
Member #551 ... does that make me a FBTB-veteran?

Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face of yours...
DarthAron 478

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my story is about my one bad experience buying LEGO. It was totally freaky (eye twitches). So anyway I get in the car to go to Target and kaput.. the car won't start. Shocked The reality of the situation slowly began to creep in. I would've just had the car fixed and got my ARC-170 the next day but that day was the last day of free Mini JSFII promotional!!! I just had to get that mini because my Great Uncle had always wanted one but he died before he was able too. So on his deathbed he said "Aaron... you must get that Fighter and place it on my grave for the funeral..."
So here I was with a stalled car and my Great Uncle's funeral the next day!! So I though heck, if my car is broken down, i'll just have to hitchhike, so I stick out the thumb and start doing just that. I had luck pretty early on and pretty soon I'm in this car with a nice old man. We hadn't gone say, ten miles when he makes a sharp left turn on the highway and starts heading south!! So I say to the guy, "Hey dude, the nearest Target was the other way." and he says "Shut your mouth ya young whippersnapper!, I know what I'm doing!!"
So I just shut up and enjoy the ride. We keep driving south until I see a sign that reads, WELCOME TO MEXICO and I start to get suspicious. We reach the border station where the car is searched and lo and behold, they find ten pounds of Cocaine in the trunk!! The old guy was a drug runner! We're both arrested and sent to jail in Mexico. I finally get out but am still in trouble. I needed to buy the JSFII and ARC but I also needed to get home. In the end I barter a ride on a ship that takes me up to Galveston. I hitchhike to Dallas and attend my Great Uncle's funeral WITHOUT the set. Because of this lack of a set i was disowned from my family inheritance for not fulfilling my Great Uncles last request Sad .
King O' Zombies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did your Uncle really die and you started something from there or did you make up your Unc's Death?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Greedygreedo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling tired, I woke up. I stood up. Using my legs, I went to the washroom. I walked out. Then I went upstairs. I made pancakes and ate them. But I was still hungry. I got more. I got full. I walked down to my room. I turned on my computer using my foot. I used my hands to use the mouse and keyboard. Then I went on FBTB. Then I work on my Boomsham. Then I went into the garage. Then I got my bike. Then I rode it to Safeway. Then I bought a bottle of water. I drank it. I went home. More FBTB. Then I downloaded music. Then I read a book. Then I went to see Batman Begins. In the theater, I used my eyes to watch the movie. Then I got home. A bit more FBTB. Then I got a shower. Then I brushed my teeth. I went to sleep. Feeling tired, I woke up. I stood up. Using my legs, I went to the washroom. I walked out. Then I went upstairs. I made pancakes and ate them. But I was still hungry. I got more. I got full. I walked down to my room. I turned on my computer using my foot. I used my hands to use the mouse and keyboard. Then I went on FBTB. Then I work on my Boomsham. Then I went into the garage. Then I got my bike. Then I rode it to Safeway. Then I bought a bottle of water. I drank it. I went home. More FBTB. Then I downloaded music. Then I read a book. Then I went to see Batman Begins. In the theater, I used my eyes to watch the movie. Then I got home. A bit more FBTB. Then I got a shower. Then I brushed my teeth. I went to sleep. Feeling tired, I woke up. I stood up. Using my legs, I went to the washroom. I walked out. Then I went upstairs. I made pancakes and ate them. But I was still hungry. I got more. I got full. I walked down to my room. I turned on my computer using my foot. I used my hands to use the mouse and keyboard. Then I went on FBTB. Then I work on my Boomsham. Then I went into the garage. Then I got my bike. Then I rode it to Safeway. Then I bought a bottle of water. I drank it. I went home. More FBTB. Then I downloaded music. Then I read a book. Then I went to see Batman Begins. In the theater, I used my eyes to watch the movie. Then I got home. A bit more FBTB. Then I got a shower. Then I brushed my teeth. I went to sleep. Feeling tired, I woke up. I stood up. Using my legs, I went to the washroom. I walked out. Then I went upstairs. I made pancakes and ate them. But I was still hungry. I got more. I got full. I walked down to my room. I turned on my computer using my foot. I used my hands to use the mouse and keyboard. Then I went on FBTB. Then I work on my Boomsham. Then I went into the garage. Then I got my bike. Then I rode it to Safeway. Then I bought a bottle of water. I drank it. I went home. More FBTB. Then I downloaded music. Then I read a book. Then I went to see Batman Begins. In the theater, I used my eyes to watch the movie. Then I got home. A bit more FBTB. Then I got a shower. Then I brushed my teeth. I went to sleep.

Last edited by Greedygreedo on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
klausunion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Evil Mini - Minifigs Reply with quote

My house has been infested by tiny creatures. I don't think they are terrestrial beings. I took me a while to catch on that they are here. I started to notice that random lego pieces were missing. Like, one day my 7140 X Wing cockpit window dissappeared. Then, a few days later, I came home from work and noticed that one of the wings was missing from my TIE - Advanced. I thought it was odd because, who would want my legos?
This went on for weeks and, of course, perplexed me to no end. Then, one day, just the other day in fact, I was looking for some shoes in the closet, and I found all the missing lego pieces. I thought I knew what being perplexed meant until this moment. The legos were built. It looked like a MOC Sith Infiltrator. Of course, I ran to get my camera, but when I returned, it was gone.
But I did catch one tiny creature. He looked like a mini minifig and had an alien head. By the flesh toned coloring on his skin, I knew he was evil.
"What are you," I asked, truly perplexed this time.
The Evil Mini-Minifig chuckled and vanished into thin air.

So, needless to say, I have built a machine to shrink myself to monopolize on my resources and see this Mini-Minifig eye to eye. I have painted my skin yellow and am now ready to explore the universe and find this civilization of Evil or Very Mad Evil Mini-Minifigs Evil or Very Mad

All I need now is a MINI Episode III Jedi Starfighter to begin my journey

I think the problem is becoming very serious because just before I logged on to FBTB, I noticed that all my lego blasters are missing.
DarthAron 478

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[did your Uncle really die and you started something from there or did you make up your Unc's Death?]

Hehe.. No it was all made up. [/quote]
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll put it simply. Collin, I have this cute little bunny. His name is Colby. If you don't give me the free mini JSF, I will kill him and eat him. You see, even though I love Colby, I love LEGO more, so I am willing to sacrafice my bunny for a LEGO set, or a good dinner. Twisted Evil

Sob stories? I'll tell you one: it will be so sad for you to have the guilt on your chest for knowingly sending a cute little bunny to his death--unless you choose me for the Mini JSF.
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
darth_m@cair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like all the others, here's my story.

So here I am surfing FBTB Forums. Little Canadian me flying through pages of blabla. Suddenly, my Jedi senses tingle. I hear Yoda in my head telling me:"A great disturbance in the Force I feel." As I look to the corner of my screen (well not really the corner, but you get the picture) I read," Win a Mini Jedi Starfighter from me". I Click franticly, hoping my Netscape is compatible with the link. As the forum appears on my monitor, I am overcome with joy. I read the details of the contest. When I am done the reading, I start thinking up a story. Yes little french-canadian me starts thinking, brainstorming a twisted, crazy story. All the thinking going on in there. It made my head look like the Millennium Falcon on Hoth while it was being repaired. I chewed my nails until I bled (I'm serious about this) In between my thoughts of defeating flesh-tone and yawning like a wookie, little ideas were boiling like the lava on Mustafar. I must've popped more brain cells thinking up a story, then the time I fell off my bike and tried to save my helmet by taking it off. As the thoughts brewed in me, I had a vision through the Force. I was playing with little yellow bricks ( yes the color minifigs should be). All these peices came together in my head and made a mini Jedi Starfighter. That's when I realised it wasn't available in my part of Canada. I was disappointed, the force was playing tricks on me. My only chance to get my hands on such a precious thing was to participate in this awesome contest.
darthjedi14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copyright wrote:
Well, I'll put it simply. Collin, I have this cute little bunny. His name is Colby. If you don't give me the free mini JSF, I will kill him and eat him. You see, even though I love Colby, I love LEGO more, so I am willing to sacrafice my bunny for a LEGO set, or a good dinner. Twisted Evil

Sob stories? I'll tell you one: it will be so sad for you to have the guilt on your chest for knowingly sending a cute little bunny to his death--unless you choose me for the Mini JSF.

Shocked Dude, your sick! Man, remind me to never spot you in a dark alley! Razz
*Shivers* that poor bunny! Collin, please let him win. Though I like my sob stoy, and I would like to win..... DON'T LET THE BUNNY DIE, FOR GOODNESS SAKE SAVE THE BUNNY!

Of course, if he was joking (even though he sounded serious Razz ) disregard all I just said. Wink
skotafactor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first off tragedy struck. (This really is TRUE!!!!! No lie!) My brother's best friend got hit by a county van while on his bike. We were all shaken up by that. If that wasn't bad enough, my dad's car was stolen in the same day. He had a 15 yr old white, Lincoln Mark VII that had a mustang engine. It been broken into and hot-wired. About a week later, my dad bought a new car. He purchased an Infinity I35 that he installed a GPS into. He parked it outside of his office, and when he came back to it, a telephone transformer had landed on it and exploded.
Last year, I was playing fall ball. My brother was walking on top of monkey bars at the playground right behind the field. His flip-flop got caught on a bar and he fell through them (which were about 10 ft. off the ground). He hit his ribs really badly. My dad rushed him to the hospital in the Lincoln (before it was stolen). He was vomiting everywhere! The doctors said he managed to kill part of his spleen. He spent a week in the hospital and they had to remove part of his spleen.
I figured the mini jedi starfighter should make up for some of the damage that has happened to me.
skotafactor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap!- I hate to double post but.... I didn't read all the directions! My story was true!
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Episode 3. MINI Jedi Starfighter Reply with quote

“LEGO! AFOL’s budgets are crumbling with the price they must pay for the Sandcrawler. Budgets are stretched, retailers are offering some good deals, while shop at home continues to issue expensive “exclusives”. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the LEGO company has offered free mini JSFs, but fiendish American AFOL’s, are sweeping into retailers and kidnapping these mini JSFs.

As the mini JSFs are listed on bricklink shops and eBay an Australian AFOL leads a desperate mission to rescue a mini JSF’s for himself……”
Cheerios4u98

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE GIVE ME A MINI JEDI STARFIGHTER!!! I don't have any interest in lego, whatsoever, but... it's my dog. *sniff* he only eats mini jedi starfighters, and... we just ran out of them! *cries* PLEASE! all the toys R us stores are sold out! my dog is starving! I tried to make him eat a mini tie fighter but he just wouldn't. Crying or Very sad please please please send me a mini jedi starfighter, it will save my dogs life Crying or Very sad But the worst part is *sniff*... I can't eat anything! I don't have a mouth! My dog has to eat for me ( Shocked )!! so, it's not only my dog (his name is bob BTW) who's starving, I'm starving too! (my name isn't bob BTW)... please... save us... *passes out*

edit: how many stories can we enter? ::D:
Sabre2552

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheerios4u98 wrote:
how many stories can we enter? ::D:

According to his post, he said to cook up a story (singular), and he said your entry (singular) must be posted here. This means you can only have one story that you can enter.
darthjedi14

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheerios4u98 wrote:
so, it's not only my dog (his name is bob BTW)

you should have named him Collin, that surely would have increased your chances to win! Wink
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day, there was a minifig. He did his shopping every day, walking down the LEGO highstreet and picking up his groceries from the Belville Mall(the only place to buy food it seems).

Once he got home, his feet were killing him, in a metaphorical sense. He got out a bowl and filled it with luke warm trans-blue bricks. He said to himself,
"I have to find another way of doing things."

The disgusting treatment is not an isolated incident. Hundreds of minfigures go into LEGO hostpital each day because they were lacking Jedi Starfighters to make into Jazzy kites. Please, donate as many as you can.

Make a JSF. Make a difference. Make a minfig smile.
JediMasterHalcyon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wanna win an Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter from me? Reply with quote

Cello Collin wrote:
So there are certainly plenty of ways out there to get your hands on an Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter. But what makes this one so special, you might ask? Well, I was thinking to myself the other day, "Self, what would be a fun, silly, and original idea for people to win a MINI JSF?"

So here's the dealie-o. If you want yourself a mint in polybag Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter, tell me why. Cook up the funniest, silliest, most random and pathetic sob story I've ever heard as to why you haven't been able to get your hands on a MINI JSF, despite all the promos and stuff going around since before the release of Revenge of the Sith.

Couple of ground rules:

Your entry must be posted here.
PLEASE go the extra mile and spell out all your words, use your Shift key, and make sure your story is readable. Remember, your winning this contest depends very much on whether or not your story can be read and understood.
Be creative, and have fun!

This contest ends next Friday, July 8. As I said before, the winner will receive a mint in polybag Episode 3 MINI Jedi Starfighter, completely free! So get to it, FBTB'ers! Have fun, and good luck!

... or just PM me for one Wink
ToadFish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Just Another Random Day For Me.................

It all started when i awoke from the Floor, lying around a pit of Lego's. I had remembered the previous night trying to build my Mini Jedi Starfighter. After lying there for 2 hours 15 minutes and 47 seconds, it occurred to me how the hell I'm going to make the Mini I wanted. I just plainly needed more pieces. I walked over to my computer to order some, but then realized that it had a virus on it. (My Friend told me to fix it by pouring water over it and hitting it with the hammer.) A quick trip to the store will help me i thought, but little did i realize it would just be one of those days...............

With the nearest Kmart 100 Million Zillion Dodillion Babillion Miles away, i decided to walk. After 5.2846856897 Nano Seconds of Walking, i was finally there. Getting into the store wasn't going to be easy, especially because the door was guarded with Lego eating chiwawa's. I looked in my pocket, i had a Sniper Rifle, a piece of string or a lightsaber. Choosing the right one was going to be hard, but as my Dog always use to say "If you ever come near a Lego eating chiwawa, always kill them with i piece of string." A grabbed the String and chucked it at the first chiwawa i saw, making a chain reaction and blowing them all to pieces. I was safe, so i entered the store with caution.

Passing every isle, i finally found the one i was looking for, the Lego isle. Looking at all the shelves i found nothing, no Lego at all. But with me being obsessed by Mini Figs, there had to be something. Yes, A Lego piece, a 1 by 2 yellow Lego piece. As I went to take it from the shelf, a Banana with a BB gun tried to attack me. I looked up at the shelves and sprinted for the Lego piece. I grabbed it, Victory was mine! The Banana agreed to let me have it after i told him that i wanted to make my Mini Fig. I needed to get home fast, with the Store about to blow up in 3.2 seconds. I run to the door and BOOM!!! Not one thing untouched by the blast. Everything was gone. No one made it out alive.......Not even ME!!!!!

So thats my Story, how i can tell you I do not know.

I would like the Mini Jedi Starfighter to copy it and give one to the Banana.

* No animal was harmed during the writing of this story.

Last edited by ToadFish on Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
luke1080

Location: Where do you think I am? Age:13 Birthday on Feb 5th

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bent down to pick some of my lego off the floor and wacked my head on the pointy part of my chair since the chair is really hard wood I got almost got a concusion.

on another note my brother says he'll kill me if a don't get him a yellow and gray lego set with a trans-gray cockpit *hint, hint*
Driftwood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you see it happened like this:

I was walking along when I found $4. "Yay" I say, heading for the local Toys-R-Me. When I got there I reached for the Jedi star fighter, just then a mad berserk evil drooling slug took it!!!! I was left crying. So I made as if to leave but the old-person-manning-the-cheackout-counter told me what was going on.

"Young person wanting to buy the "Sacred mini Jedi star-fighter""

"Um, yes"

"I see, the one you tried to purchase now was stolen by the evil gastropodus, or at least one of his minions"

He coughed then continued

"You must head too a sacred place known only as...... DENMARKUS"

"Ahhhhhhh"

"Yes, very frightening"

"I will go there farewell old-person-manning-the-checkout-counter"

I left in a hurry.
Several moments later I was heading on a supper faster than the speed of light plane. As i was boarding 3 slug minions burst out of the plane door.

"Waaaaaaah"

"#slime noise*"

We immediately launched into battle.
Unfortunately It was a one sided battle being the slugs move .0000016th the speed of humans.
I quickly gave them a sucker punch and salted them.
Then I boarded the plane.

When I reached DENMARKUS I made for the nearest toy store. And to my luck It was the jedi star-fighter!! I picked it up and headed to the register. But at the register was the evil lord gastropodus.
He was hideous with his evil red slimy eyes and mouth and nose. skin hanging off of him. Just really gross!

"Bwahahahhaha, hand over the the star-fighter!!"

"Never"

"Then we duel for it!!"

I whipped out my salt&pepper saber (I swear I'd never seen that thing in my life officer) We launched into battle He pulled out one and climbed on the wall with amazing suction power.
We dueled our salt&pepper sabers cutting slashes everywhere.
I struck out at him, missing.
He seeing his opportunaty leached on to me, instantly rendering me useless.

"I have you now!!!"

"Die slime bag"
And then I stabbed him in the back, the salt penetrating him.

"Noooooooooooo" he bellowed in slow motion

Then he exploded (Ruining my new suit.)
I quickly got too my feet, ignoring the gapping costumers.

"I'd like too buy this" I said handing the new guy at the counter the star-fighter.

"That'll be $3.50"

"Here ya go"

He took the $4 and looked at it.
"Sir, you do realize this is paper"

"Noooooooooooo" I bellowed in slow motion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthjedi14 wrote:
Cheerios4u98 wrote:
so, it's not only my dog (his name is bob BTW)

you should have named him Collin, that surely would have increased your chances to win! Wink

:D. Maybe...
Pac-man
Waka Waka Waka [VET]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here goes. I walked into work one day and there in our back room was 4 boxes filled with the MINI JSF. I asked if I could have one and my boss said, "Sure!".

Pac-man

Oh wait I think I posted the wrong story. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: