FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 Creator Sets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: 2009 Creator Sets Reply with quote

Recently, I noticed that my local Target had the new 2009 Creator sets in, so I picked them up. Personally, besides the Star Wars line, the Creator line is my favorite due to its nice looking sets and great parts-per-price ratios (especially when compared to other sets). Another great feature is that each of the sets contains instructions for 3 different models. Anyways, I decided to take some pictures of each model and post them here for you all to see:

6741 - Mini Jet

Gallery

6742 - Mini Off-Roader

Gallery

6743 - Street Speedster

Gallery

6745 - Propeller Power

Gallery

6747 - Race Rider

Gallery

Peronally, I enjoyed assembling each of the models. They all look really nice and are quite swooshable (or vroomable Wink).
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, these are pretty cool. I've become a pretty big fan of creator sets. Sometimes they have a very good parts selection and seem to be cheaper than the minifig based sets. The green car and motorcycle are my favorite of these.
ZombieAthos
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plane looks like a nice model. Though I don't really like yellow. The car might be a good way to get green pieces for landscapes.

The other two just don't do it for me.

Steve
twentythree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics. I have been wanting these sets for about a month now. My next purchase at the Lego store will definitely include them all (except the car which my son already got for Christmas). The Creator sets are definitely my favorite right behind Star Wars. They always have great color schemes and mulitple building instructions are always a plus.
The Jinja Ninja wrote: The extended edition includes those scenes (which were replaced with the boulder sequence in the Raiders we know and love) as well as some revisions to the rest of the movie including 'Belloq shot first'
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The street speeder looks great next to the old cool car set. Lots of green 2x8's. strangely, and not as many cheeses as the other car. Still, it looks good. The two look totally different, yet they share the same building standard, which is nice.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the CREATOR sets, too. I need more of them!

Brickshelf
twentythree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this new vehicle goes great with the yellow gull-winged Cool Cars model. They share the same relative scale and piece count. It got me wondering if they will do a series of these. This year is going to be great for Lego.
The Jinja Ninja wrote: The extended edition includes those scenes (which were replaced with the boulder sequence in the Raiders we know and love) as well as some revisions to the rest of the movie including 'Belloq shot first'
Zombiekid24
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw these the other day and thought LEGO really stepped it up with these sets. I really like the green car and blue motorcycle set.

Does the speedboat model look like an A-wing to anyone else?
twentythree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does look like a mini A-wing. I think there maybe some MOCs coming from this set.
BrainMattR
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Propeller Power together just after Christmas. It's a great set. Easily my favorite non-Star Wars set of the year. Been thinking about writing a review of it but I'm lazy.

Last edited by BrainMattR on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I may buy em. Very Happy

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: