FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair: Summer/Fall 09 Revealed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrasher zombie wrote:
Zombie Bizzle wrote:
And I know what the one we are getting is! The winner of the poll was the "Home One" so that the big set we should be getting this year. Lego has done a very good job with not letting pics of it get leaked.

Alright, thats what I thought it was. But I wasn't sure if it was leaked out or not, so I didn't want to say anything. But ya, they have done a good job keeping this set in tight security. I hope that it doesn't get leaked out, because I don't want the surprise of how this set looks to be ruined.

Yea I haven't seen ANY leaked pics for this set at all! So the security around this set in particular must be very good.

And we'll most likely get some pics of it from the TF ace and Mike are going to so we'll have to wait to see what it looks like till then. And a projected price for it would put it around $150+.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm really looking forward to those Endor Rebel Troops. Smile

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveZombie wrote:
Personally I'm really looking forward to those Endor Rebel Troops. Smile

Yep those too look good. As long as they are better done and the torso looks nicer.
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrasher zombie wrote:

... you can see a small portion of the Venator box. I'm guess around 120$ for that, but it depends on the interior and features, which we don't yet know details about yet.

Ha Ha! Good catch Thrasher! Laughing
(Can we assume that that Bley and Red wedge is the nose of the Venator based on the leaked pics that none of us should be looking at? Razz )
At least we know the piece count ends in "70".

I think $120 is probably a good guess, but they are keeping this one under wraps for a reason. I hope it is revealed soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth's Daddy wrote:
Flesh Skywalker wrote:
Its 155 small (for the most part) pieces. If it is over $30 US I'll eat legos.

I hear they taste great with Ketchup! Razz

What will you do if it is less than $30?

Round here, I'd use Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce, or since I would eat it and it will be useless, I would grind it up into a milkshake with Greater's Ice cream.
kevblee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I'm seeing a new hairpiece on that Princess Leia Endor Bunker set.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I wonder is if that hairpiece will be the same one on the Castle Queen minifig, whose hair does not appear to be Willie's.

But then again that'd mean a new hairpiece with a hole in it for Leia, which it probably isn't.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
Blacknight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is being shown on CTV's website, one of the largest media corporations in Canada, the equivalent of CNN. If they can show the pics without worrying about liability, I think FBTB can too. Wink Or put another way, if the purpose of RtB is to help Lego keep its intellectual property secret from Chinese competitors, well at this point once these pics are all over the major media outlets, well I think the cat is out of the bag. Rolling Eyes So discuss away, there's no secrets left here for this wave of releases. Very Happy

Also props to the moderators for giving the RtB policy a second-look with fresh eyes. There has to be some kind of middle ground between being the source for illegal leaks (Eurobricks), versus enforcing a draconian blackout of information long after it is widely available everywhere else on the internet (former FBTB policy).

Last edited by Blacknight on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these sets: win

Especially:

Tautaun: win
Neimodian: win
OT sets: win.

What I've heard:
Hoth Base: 20 USD
Tank Droid: 20 USD
Y-Wing: 50-60 USD
Separatist Shuttle: 30 USD
Endor Battle: 100 USD
Venerator: 120 USD
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:
This is being shown on CTV's website, one of the largest media corporations in Canada, the equivalent of CNN. If they can show the pics without worrying about liability, I think FBTB can too. Wink Or put another way, if the purpose of RtB is to help Lego keep its intellectual property secret from Chinese competitors, well at this point once these pics are all over the major media outlets, well I think the cat is out of the bag. Rolling Eyes So discuss away, there's no secrets left here for this wave of releases. Very Happy

That's one thing that set me wondering. How can Chi-Comms, or any cloner(meaning brandwise), produce stolen Star Wars clone sets if they don't have a license?
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patientzombie wrote:
thrasher zombie wrote:
I think I remember another poll, but I don't remember what it was about.

I got the impression that we were getting two new 10th anniversary sets, one that was polled on the TRU site, and one that was based on what FBTB members suggested; that was not a TRU exclusive.

This is supposed to be correct...
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flesh Skywalker wrote:

What will you do if it is less than $30?

I'm not that sure of a number. I just think either the set is gonna change or the price will be higher. I admire your certainty. Razz
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering; I saw two pics of the complete Indy line-up and the complete Star Wars lineup.

Since it appears to be from a retailer's magazine I assume they're against RTB, right?

They're very high resolution and not blurry at all; obviously scans.
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh I don't really know why to say about this ask a MOD.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M'kay. I'd say they're probably not fair game, considering they still have the transparent box reading 'Confidential: 2009 The Lego Group Preliminary Image'.

Although I find it ironic that in the comment box it says 'Endor Bunker set has 11 minifigures, the largest number of minifigures in a Star Wars set!'

Death Star anyone? Razz
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:
M'kay. I'd say they're probably not fair game, considering they still have the transparent box reading 'Confidential: 2009 The Lego Group Preliminary Image'.

Although I find it ironic that in the comment box it says 'Endor Bunker set has 11 minifigures, the largest number of minifigures in a Star Wars set!'

Death Star anyone? Razz

Well maybe that's he most figs in aset that's less then $100.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, OR in a set that's not a UCS-sized set.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 figs... Surprised
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the MTT had 20! Razz

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain Eater wrote:
11 figs... Surprised

3 Ewoks, Chewie, Han, Leia, two Rebel Endor troopers, two Scout Troopers, and a Navy Trooper(no AT-ST pilot because Chewie's inside); I count 11.
lordvader208

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, MTT had 20 figs (well, they are actually "droids"), but 20 redundant figs that collapse very easily and are annoying to position into an army. I hate how week the battle droids are (legs too loose) I thought it would be great to have an army of battle droids after buying my MTT, but it all seems lame now, although they do look amazing when lined up.

Endor figs are way superior...but I would prefer to save for other sets (such as Tank Droid, Hoth, Ahsoka's Starfighter, Vader's TIE, Republic Attack Shuttle, and possible Venator)

I saw a pic of the lineup too, that is...with the endor, hoth, tank droid, separatist shuttle, Y-wing, and venator. They sure look amazing...but no one knows about prices (please TLC...Venator for less than $100 Very Happy ).

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lordvader208
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even taken my droids off the rack since I bought the set so I imagine they must be pretty loose by now.

As for the new sets the ones that look worth buying are the tank droid, sepratist shuttle, and the Endor bunker. All the others don't appeal to me and the Y-wing comes with with yet another Anakin, Ahsoka, and R2. Rolling Eyes Why not include some new clones instead? Confused

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The taun-tauns, goggles, rodian, endor set, (and on a side note) all the aliens for the space police, and the new indy sets are pure WIN.
lordvader208

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zom-9 wrote:
I haven't even taken my droids off the rack since I bought the set so I imagine they must be pretty loose by now.

As for the new sets the ones that look worth buying are the tank droid, sepratist shuttle, and the Endor bunker. All the others don't appeal to me and the Y-wing comes with with yet another Anakin, Ahsoka, and R2. Rolling Eyes Why not include some new clones instead? Confused

I'm scared to put them on the rack because I don't want those legs to loosen up. Shocked

Ironically, I dont have either Anakin or Ahsoka yet, but I don't want the Y-wing either.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lordvader208
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
djmangunz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Ausome wrote:
The taun-tauns, goggles, rodian, endor set, (and on a side note) all the aliens for the space police, and the new indy sets are pure WIN.

True and true. Very Happy
El Jefe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm digging all of these sets for different reasons:

Echo Base:
FINALLY!!! We finally get a tauntaun! Now all we need is Hoth Luke, the medic droids, and a wampa and I'll be set for Hoth.

Tank Droid:
Considering the fact that I missed out on the Wookiee Attack set from 2005, I'm very much looking forward to completing my droid vehicle army.

Separatist Shuttle:
I thought this ship was supposed to be tan? In any case, the new minifigd will make this a must buy.

Anakin's Y-Wing:
The ship looks great, but I echo the sentiments of many when I say that I don't need a fourth CW Anakin or Ahsoka, and I've got more than enough R2-D2s.

The Battle of Endor:
The new AT-ST is a surprise, especially considering that I liked the last version and that it was still available well into last year. But we haven't seen Scout Troopers since '01, and the new Endor Troopers, Ewoks, and Endor Leia are more selling points for me. Plus. a new Imperial Shuttle in '10 with Rebels looks more likely now.

Venator Star Destroyer:
The ship looks great, as do the new minifigs. I'm curious about how the ship's interior will look.
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fez in the Indiana Jones boat chase will probably be used in a flesh tone for this guy if they make a minifig version of him.
Count Blacktron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the last two pages fully, but I do seem to notice that few people around the net have picked up on the picture of the Endor Bunker Assault set that shows a single Death Star Trooper leading the Stormtrooper defense. Those of us who refused to spend $400 on the Death Star playset should be aware of this, even if this one is still $100 USD, it's a better source for that figure. I hope there are two, but I'd have to see the final for the box-top.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelZombie wrote:
The fez in the Indiana Jones boat chase will probably be used in a flesh tone for this guy if they make a minifig version of him.

No doubt that's why they decided not to make it so wide around the head; it looks almost comical!

Count Blacktron wrote:
I haven't read the last two pages fully, but I do seem to notice that few people around the net have picked up on the picture of the Endor Bunker Assault set that shows a single Death Star Trooper leading the Stormtrooper defense. Those of us who refused to spend $400 on the Death Star playset should be aware of this, even if this one is still $100 USD, it's a better source for that figure. I hope there are two, but I'd have to see the final for the box-top.

Let's hope that in light of the Tenth Anniversary, we'll by and large get that Obi-wan fig, and Empy.
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Jefe wrote:
I don't need a fourth CW Anakin or Ahsoka, and I've got more than enough R2-D2s.
Well this is the clone wars isn't it?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: