FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair: Summer/Fall 09 Revealed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordvader208

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavriel wrote:
These are the retail prices according to my Canadian Retailer Catalogue:

The Battle of Endor™ $129.99
Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter™ $79.99
Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser™ $149.99
Separatists Shuttle™ $39.99
Echo Base™ $29.99
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid™ $29.99

Which one would the Tauntaun be in?

Well I would think that those are the canadian prices (well, it's from a Canadian Retailer Catalogue) , mainly because they would just be outrageously expensive to be U.S. prices. I get the feeling that since TLC released the AT-TE and Republic Gunship for $90 and $120 respectively, that the endor and venator will also be $90 and $120 respectively (U.S. prices). So...if Canadian price for Tank Droid and Echo Base is $30, then I would guess that U.S. prices would be around $20-$25, but there are rarely, if any, SW sets that are priced at $25. It's usually just $20 or $30.

Just my predictions. Very Happy

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lordvader208
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I like some of those sets Very Happy

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
darkrebellion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think this pics are good but ares till very preliminary Very Happy . All the sets have a mess together with unfinished minifigs and some random located pieces. Because that I could wait until the ITF to see the FINISHED sets pics.
Flesh Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImpairedZombie wrote:
Lego can afford to charge whatever they want, because people, including some people who admit to it here, will buy the sets no matter what the prices are.

If Hoth is 20, I will buy 5, if it is 25, 3, and 30, I will buy 1. If Endor is 90 I will buy 4, 100, 2, any more than 100, 1.
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flesh Skywalker wrote:
If Hoth is 20, I will buy 5, if it is 25, 3, and 30, I will buy 1. If Endor is 90 I will buy 4, 100, 2, any more than 100, 1.

That doesn't make any sense. 4 x $90 = $360, 2 x $100 = $200. If you're not willing to spend more than $200, why would you by 4 at $90?

Anyway, some have said the new Endor set looks "eh". True, there isn't one standout feature of the set, but it is clearly intended as a playset, and as such should have several "goodies". And at nearly 900 pieces, it should also be a decent build. Also, I'm sure the bunker isn't just a shell of a building. . . I can't wait to see the command center within!
zombietaunwampa
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only going to get the Hoth set even though the other sets are awsome
sam90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCRskater wrote:
Flesh Skywalker wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. 4 x $90 = $360, 2 x $100 = $200. If you're not willing to spend more than $200, why would you by 4 at $90?

Anyway, some have said the new Endor set looks "eh". True, there isn't one standout feature of the set, but it is clearly intended as a playset, and as such should have several "goodies". And at nearly 900 pieces, it should also be a decent build. Also, I'm sure the bunker isn't just a shell of a building. . . I can't wait to see the command center within!

I don't think how much he has to spend has anything to do with what he's gona buy. He's simply saying that he will buy that many at that price Wink

I'm really liking these new sets. I'll get a few hoth's and 1-2 endor dependingon price.

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
Larry Lars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader208 wrote:
Agree with you Bo, the neimodian is really ugly. I expected something that actually looked like Nute Gunray.

I think the neimodian is this guy: General Lok Durd in SW databank

The hat and his recent appearence in The Clone Wars in an episode with that shuttle make me think that he's the one. And he is really ugly too. Wink
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persoanally, I've been excited about the Echo Base and Endor sets for some time. I'm definately planning on buying them when they're released. I'll probably even buy multiples of the Echo Base, as I'm sure its value will skyrocket and will be a good investment. Plus, it'll be good to have an army of Taun-Tauns Very Happy

Even though I'm not big of a fan of the PT/Clone Wars, that Venatar does look pretty sexy, and I may have to look into getting it if its reasonably priced.

Additionally, that new clone-wars-esque Y-Wing look like a nice parts pack. I'm not that interested in the model itself, but I may get it for its parts.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally we can talk about these. I literally lost my mind when I first saw the Hoth and Endor sets. These are at the top of my list since I've wanted quality OT sets for a long time. The Tauntaun looks relatively impressive and the AT-ST has to be Lego's best version yet. An Endor Han and Leia have been what everyone's been wishing for. My Dad, however, is far from sold on the sets as he prefers solid vehicles to playsets. I'm hoping I can convince him sufficiently, those are killer! On a side note, the new Indy sets look decent. My favourite is definitely the boat chase, I love how they did the fez. The sets seem to be using older building styles, like out of the classic Adventurerssets, which is a very good thing.

><>
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your collective lack of faith in the Endor Bunker disturbs me. I have been waiting since '99 to get some Bunker lovin', and we even get a massively improved AT-ST. Not to mention the ENDOR REBEL TROOPS! <3 It's worth $100 IMO.

Echo Base is a good expansion pack for Hoth Base, and it's nice to see a $20-ish battle pack. And yes, we have a taun taun now. Satisfied? Rolling Eyes Laughing

CW sets I don't care about, Space Police looks great, as do the IJ sets. I think my '09 budget will be divided among OT SW, IJ, Pirates and SP.
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the bunker will have any interior.

FlickrBrickshelf
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bunker will have a bit of an interior. What it will be like, no clue.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you can see the interior in one shot of the AT-ST in the Eurobricks thread. There's a speeder bike on the left and a command center-looking thing on the right, with Leia and a trooper sitting in front of computers.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24232
FaRcAuNrKa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you guys think that TLG would sell more Y-Wings if they included Clone pilot and a gunner and a random R2 unit instead of Anakan and Ahsoka?

This is the 3rd set within a year with them two and R2... Come one... give us choices here..
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaRcAuNrKa wrote:
Don't you guys think that TLG would sell more Y-Wings if they included Clone pilot and a gunner and a random R2 unit instead of Anakan and Ahsoka?

Yes, I definatly think they would. But I guess LEGO needs to find a set to put Anakin and Ashoka (probally the biggest selling points of the CW series)into atleast one set in each wave of CW sets. Ya, a clone pilot and gunner and new R2 unit would be awsome, and alot of people would love it. It would probally pursuade me to buy the Y-wing, but with the kids, Anakin and Ashoka will sell much better. And they want to market this as Anakins Y-wing, specifically.

Does anyone think that we may be getting a new baseplate of sorts with the Bunker. I really hope they don't just connect a bunch of smaller plates together.
DarkZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, looks as though us LSW fans have fried that site's bandwidth.
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can Shenanigans on those prices.

I think they are someones guess based on piece count.

Echo Base is going to be way more than $30 USD.
It comes with 5 minifigures, plus the first ever TaunTaun, plus then the bricks. Sounds more like $40 or even $50 to me based on past trends. The only thing that will make the pricing correct is if they reduce the number of figures from these preliminary shots.

Also betting that Endor Bunker will be $99.99 on S@H or maybe even $109.99. Expect the usual $10 mark-up at TRU for $119.99.
The interior question I think can be answered by the pictures. It shows Leah at a computer station on a small plate. This is most likely the interior of the base that slides out (think Imperial Shuttle).

Y-wing looks great! I love the little bubble for Ahsoka's gunner station. If you look real close you can see the back of her head under a clear bubble behind the front cockpit. Price should be close to the $79.99 quoted previously

Tank droid and Shuttle pricing are probably close also. These two and the Y-wing are the only ones that will be correct based on the pictures. With that being said, preliminary pictures have been known to change. So who knows.

Venator is anyone's guess because it's still a rumor and has not been revealed legitimately yet (it's not at the Canadian fair so far).

My 2 cents...

Last edited by Darth's Zombie on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
logande

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaRcAuNrKa wrote:

This is the 3rd set within a year with them two and R2... Come one... give us choices here..

No kidding...We need Odd-ball. I already have two Ahsokas and two CW Anakins...and I certainly don't need any more R2D2s...I think we have 5 or 6 hanging around.
Larry Lars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaRcAuNrKa wrote:

...And on the other hand we have TLG with some solid numbers that say that sets with the main charachters sell better than sets without them.

remeber that we adults and/or geeks is in the minority.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCRskater wrote:

I choose how to spend my money, it's economics, simple supply and demand based on price. I never said I had $xxx to spend and I will spend it all on these sets.

Darth's Daddy wrote:
Echo Base is going to be way more than $30 USD.
It comes with 5 minifigures, plus the first ever TaunTaun, plus then the bricks. Sounds more like $40 or even $50 to me based on past trends. The only thing that will make the pricing correct is if they reduce the number of figures from these preliminary shots.

Its 155 small (for the most part) pieces. If it is over $30 US I'll eat legos.
There have been few sets with a higher price per piece than that.

Last edited by Flesh Skywalker on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flesh Skywalker wrote:
Its 155 small (for the most part) pieces. If it is over $30 US I'll eat legos.

I hear they taste great with Ketchup! Razz
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any of these sets the results of the "poll" for the tenth anniversary that we did last year about this time? Not the TRU one, but the one that is supposed to be revealed at the Toy Fair in New York. Is that still to be revealed?
The Department of Redundancy Department
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patientzombie wrote:
Are any of these sets the results of the "poll" for the tenth anniversary that we did last year about this time? Not the TRU one, but the one that is supposed to be revealed at the Toy Fair in New York. Is that still to be revealed?

No, thats still to be revealed. Its either the Palpy set, Home One, or the Slave I with landing platform.
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then that was tied into the TRU poll that we did. I thought there was a poll that was seperate from that; that we did input on before the TRU tenth anniversary set.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember another poll, but I don't remember what it was about.

Darth's Daddy wrote:
Venator is anyone's guess because it's still a rumor and has not been revealed legitimately yet (it's not at the Canadian fair so far).

Actually, if you look in the above image, you can see a small portion of the Venator box. I'm guess around 120$ for that, but it depends on the interior and features, which we don't yet know details about yet.
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrasher zombie wrote:

I got the impression that we were getting two new 10th anniversary sets, one that was polled on the TRU site, and one that was based on what FBTB members suggested; that was not a TRU exclusive.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patientzombie wrote:
thrasher zombie wrote:

I got the impression that we were getting two new 10th anniversary sets, one that was polled on the TRU site, and one that was based on what FBTB members suggested; that was not a TRU exclusive.

No, were only getting one, as far as I know. The suggestions were just that, suggestions, that had to do with the Tenth Aniversary set. And then from the suggestions it helped TLG choose three sets to vote on. We are getting multiple tenth aniversary set, like the new Tie, the Endor sets looks like its 10th aniversary, but the main one is the one that we voted for. (If I'm wrong about this, can someone please correct me).
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I know what the one we are getting is! The winner of the poll was the "Home One" so that the big set we should be getting this year. Lego has done a very good job with not letting pics of it get leaked.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Bizzle wrote:
And I know what the one we are getting is! The winner of the poll was the "Home One" so that the big set we should be getting this year. Lego has done a very good job with not letting pics of it get leaked.

Alright, thats what I thought it was. But I wasn't sure if it was leaked out or not, so I didn't want to say anything. But ya, they have done a good job keeping this set in tight security. I hope that it doesn't get leaked out, because I don't want the surprise of how this set looks to be ruined.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: