FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair: Summer/Fall 09 Revealed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder, why does the torso belonging to the Endor Rebel on the box look scribbled on with sharpie? Shocked

Considering the box says 'preliminary' I'm sure we can expect better than a mere kepi(again).
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the same link I found on Eurobricks. It's good to actually see some high-resolution images of theses sets, and not the blurry leaked pictures.
Jedi Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see on the box art for the hoth set that the goggles are on top of the helmets.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is kosher. Thank you to everyone who PMed me to ask, and for the cautious behavior by everyone else.

We don't mean to make you all walk on eggshells around here. Expect some big changes with the new FBTB.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieChief wrote:
This topic is kosher. Thank you to everyone who PMed me to ask, and for the cautious behavior by everyone else.

We don't mean to make you all walk on eggshells around here. Expect some big changes with the new FBTB.

Ya, when I posted my thread about this fair, I thought for a few minutes, because I never know what will actually be fare game and what wont on this site. But since it was at a fair, I figured it was fine. Until it got closed...then a new one comes up and its fine. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but hopefully on the new site, the RTB will be a little more fine tuned.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you it's more frustrating on our end than yours Wink

But I'm sorry.

No one should be frustrated here, and look for that to change.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Just wow. Those Indy sets look great, I'll definitely be picking up at least one. Although, why is Elsa in the plane with Indy? Ah, well, I can just replace her with lil' Sean Connery, and besides, a sweet new hairpeice is always welcome to my collection.

EDIT: Nevermind, Elsa is holding on to Sean in the plane. Still doen't explain why she's there, though.

And look at that AT-ST. Wait...something's wrong...No, it can't be- It actually looks like a friggin' AT-ST!! Surprised

EDIT: And maybe I'm just looking too far into it, but it looks like it may have a mechanism that actually allows it to fully walk!! Surprised

Last edited by ZombieFlynn on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
JPCJedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrasher zombie wrote:
...hopefully on the new site, the RTB will be a little more fine tuned.
I'll second that, but I wonder why it was closed at all. Steve Witt has told us that once toys are out in a toy fair, they're public knowledge.

Anyway, Gee I'm actually not too excited about the new chicken walker and so forth. It will clash with my old one, but it's plate-built, and that's a crowd pleaser. The Endor set will be $50 or $60 at TRU (I hope), and the Taun Taun set might be $30. As usual, this will do nothing to alleviate minifig prices.

But griping aside, it's such a good time to be a LEGO Star Wars fan. I wish I was still twelve.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPCJedi wrote:
The Endor set will be $50 or $60 at TRU (I hope), and the Taun Taun set might be $30. As usual, this will do nothing to alleviate minifig prices.

Actually, from the info I've gathered, the Echo Base set will probably be more around the $20 mark, while the Battle of Endor set will be closer to $100.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Jimmy wrote:
You can see on the box art for the hoth set that the goggles are on top of the helmets.

Well that settles it then! They are seperate pieces!

Ry- Any chance of telling us a date when the new fbtbforum will be announced to the public? Or is that info not allowed out yet Wink
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieChief wrote:
I can tell you it's more frustrating on our end than yours Wink

But I'm sorry.

No one should be frustrated here, and look for that to change.

Its alright, just nice to know things will be getting better Smile

But about the Endor set,

JPCJedi wrote:
The Endor set will be $50 or $60 at TRU (I hope)

I think thats about half of what the price will be. As we all know, LEGO's SW sets are almost always over priced, and I'm sure these wont be any different. If you look at one of the pictures of the Endor set, (the one with Han in the pic), you will see that the SRP (Suggested Retail Price) is, wwait for it... 130$ Shocked Ya, thats alot. But the set does have alot of rare figures, including the glider, AT-ST and Bunker. I'm buying it either way, but 130 seems a little steep.

Last edited by thrasher zombie on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Bizzle wrote:
Ry- Any chance of telling us a date when the new fbtbforum will be announced to the public? Or is that info not allowed out yet Wink

No. Everything you need to know will be posted here.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrasher zombie wrote:
If you look at one of the pictures of the Endor set, (the one with Han in the pic), you will see that the SRP (Suggested Retail Price) is, wwait for it... 130$ Shocked

CANADIAN Toy & Hobby Fair

That MSRP is in Canadian dollars, you nitwit... Wink

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazombie wrote:

CANADIAN Toy & Hobby Fair

That MSRP is in Canadian dollars, you nitwit... Wink

Oh, ya, forgot about the whole Canada thing Razz Well, I guess my wallet can take a breath then.
Flesh Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrasher zombie wrote:
you will see that the SRP (Suggested Retail Price) is, wwait for it... 130$ Shocked

Remember this is in Canada ay.
DarkZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rad. I'm totally jazzed about the Hoth Patrol set- no doubt a result of years of legitimate whining on LEGO SW boards such as these. The long missing Endor Bunker's pretty great news too, despite the early prototype feeling here. But the AT-ST's bugging me. It might be a ted more faithful shape-wise, but IMO it's not as good looking as the latest one. Hopefully it's just sort of a watered down version made with fewer pieces to ease prices, assuming it's bundled with an Endor set. And the Republic Y-Wing looks awesome. Believe it or not, my second favorite behind the Hoth set.

I'd also like to point out what appears to be a snippet of Venator Star Destroyer set box in the background of the seventh image. Judging by the pieces seen, I'd guess it's on the same scale as the Star Destroyer released playset a while back. Sweet!
Marty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! The Tauntaun pics have arrived, Lego has taken it's time to release something that should have been released ages ago.
The set is small but more importantly affordable to most. I hope they re-release the snowspeeder and the Hoth base to go along with these as it would make a good selling point.
As far as the set goes, I like the new goggles, nice detail. As for the Tauntaun, I will be getting 2 to 3 sets to make up the numbers, the snowtroopers where in short supply and I'm glad to see that finally Lego has seen their importants. As for the Endor, again it's long overdue and hopefully this starts their return to the older sets. Regards Marty
lordvader208

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who browse through eurobricks, like me, already knew these sets were coming a few weeks ago. Very Happy

But overall, really nice. The hoth set looks amazing. New helmet, taun taun, 2 snowtroopers, can't get better than that.

The endor set is just okay, I already have the old AT-ST and ewok attack set, so I won't be getting one just for the bunker and minifigs.

The shuttle at first to me would have been nice...if only nute gunray minifig didn't look so weird.

Out of the sets, the ones I will probably get are the tank droid and the hoth set. The others don't offer anything that I really want. The Y-wing is too....yellow....although I'm sure it was similar to that in the cartoon show.

Here are my price estimates:

Hoth set - $20
Endor set - $90
Tank droid - $20, sure u can say that 200+ pieces should be more than $20, but many of the pieces are pieces that make up the treads, like in the old wookie attack set
Separatist's Shuttle - $30 because of the greedo head and weird gunray minifig
Y-wing - $50

Hope everything goes well! Very Happy

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lordvader208
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new AT-ST. It looks like you can probably mod it more than the old one, which will come in handy if you want to make one of those AT-ST variants from The Force Unleashed. Taun-Taun: sweet. Bunker:sweet. another rodian head and Nute Gunray(?): sweet. However, I'm a little worried about the prices. I know they only listed the suggested Canadian prices, but I have a bad feeling that they're going to be expensive here in the states as well. Not to be a downer, but despite some awesome new parts/figures in the bunker set, I don't think it's even worth $50-60. Maybe $30-40, but if lego continues the current price pattern they've had recently, I know these sets are not going to come cheap.

In fact, I'm a little disappointed with lego for the current prices. I know theres an established 10 cents per part ratio that has been accepted throughout the lego community, but I still think it's expensive. I guess sometimes you get so used to it, you don't realize how much these sets cost. $400 for the death star playset? At first, I wasn't surprised, but it took a non-AFOL member of my family's comment on the price that really showed me how used to these prices I was, and how much I'd be willing to pay for them. Sorry about the rant, but that's been bugging me for a while.
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a rodian there!! Awesome, simply awesome. The tank droid is a definite upgrade from the previous one in Wookie Attack, and the Seperatist Shuttle is not bad at all. The figure next to the rodian, though, is ugh. What a bad representation of a nemoidian (sp?-seriously?). The Hoth set is sweet, I'm expecting it to be in the $20-$30 range (new molds=big money (Mos Eisley Cantina, anyone?)). Endor I assume will be $85-$100. I like it, the minifigs are cool, as well as the speeders. Finally, I don't have much to say about the Republic Y-wing. It's so so. It looks nicely buit, but I'm too much of a Rebel Y-wing fanatic to like its design.

Jeez, this line p'wns January's line in many, many ways.
(Oh, and new woman's hair piece (in Indy set)=win).

Zombie147: I usually assume that SW and other license set will be a little over the $.10 per Part ratio. But yeah, sometimes unfair things happen.
BrainMattR
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Taun Taun is cool. Finally! I'm really tired of the Hyena Droid and it's many forms. I wish they had picked a different ship to reinvent. It's good to have a new AT-ST and imperial troops.
lordvader208

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex. of unfair things: Count Dooku's Solar Sailer haha

Anyways, yea the price is really up to you on whether you like it or not. I personally do not buy sets based on merely price to piece ration. I ask myself whether I must have this set, does it look good, would I be willing to pay for it, etc.

I get the feeling that TLC is gonna bump up the price for the hoth set to $30 or something, although clearly it shoud cost around $20.

By the way, there are around 890 pieces in the endor set, so i think $90 sounds reasonable.

Agree with you Bo, the neimodian is really ugly. I expected something that actually looked like Nute Gunray.

The new AT-ST does looks better, but there's no way I'm buying a $90 set just for the AT-ST.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jonamatt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader208 wrote:
Ex. of unfair things: Count Dooku's Solar Sailer haha

Anyways, yea the price is really up to you on whether you like it or not. I personally do not buy sets based on merely price to piece ration. I ask myself whether I must have this set, does it look good, would I be willing to pay for it, etc.

I get the feeling that TLC is gonna bump up the price for the hoth set to $30 or something, although clearly it shoud cost around $20.

By the way, there are around 890 pieces in the endor set, so i think $90 sounds reasonable.

Agree with you Bo, the neimodian is really ugly. I expected something that actually looked like Nute Gunray.

The new AT-ST does looks better, but there's no way I'm buying a $90 set just for the AT-ST.

I think the Neimodian, like the Ewok in the other picture, is still unpainted as of now, and that is why it looks so ugly.
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictions:

Hoth set: $30 (because Lego knows people will buy it...even if it was $50)

Y-Wing: $60

Transport ship: $40

Endor set: $100. It says anniversary edition on the box and it looks like they're trying to fit a lot of minifigs into it so they will definitely mark the price up but keep it below the $100 line for maximum sales.

Droid tank: $25. With the jetpack on the clone, this set will be wanted.

Lego can afford to charge whatever they want, because people, including some people who admit to it here, will buy the sets no matter what the prices are.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To figure out the price, just think of what the normal price you think would be, and add another 10$ to 15$ to it, because that pretty much how the prices always turn out. And your right, some sets, especially the Hoth set, people are going to by, regardless of what LEGO does.
lordvader208

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonamatt wrote:
I think the Neimodian, like the Ewok in the other picture, is still unpainted as of now, and that is why it looks so ugly.

Ahh, you may be right about that. But nonetheless, I still think that headpiece in the picture is still very ugly (and big)

Well if Lego decides to charge $30 for a hoth set, I might not buy it. I can manage a $25 tank droid though and the others I'm not even considering at all, unless Nute Gunray looks like....well.....Nute Gunray.

mavriel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the retail prices according to my Canadian Retailer Catalogue:

The Battle of Endor™ $129.99
Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter™ $79.99
Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser™ $149.99
Separatists Shuttle™ $39.99
Echo Base™ $29.99
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid™ $29.99

Which one would the Tauntaun be in?
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavriel wrote:
These are the retail prices according to my Canadian Retailer Catalogue:

The Battle of Endor™ $129.99
Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter™ $79.99
Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser™ $149.99
Separatists Shuttle™ $39.99
Echo Base™ $29.99
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid™ $29.99

Which one would the Tauntaun be in?

It's in Echo Base. The tauntaun looks pretty good too.
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo Base.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind we're criticizing the figure based on the headpeice alone. The head itself looks fairly decent and rather close to a neimodian, if not Nute Gunray. The actual headpeice looks like crap, though. Confused

EDIT: I just saw that this has pretty much been said; Now why the heck can't I delete my post?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: