FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7752 solar sailer Mods Suggestion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: 7752 solar sailer Mods Suggestion Reply with quote

Someone could help me in modding my solar sailer plese? Confused
I don't know from where to start !
(for example : suggestion for sail and interior...)
edited by Chief: Link removed. these images were used without permission from Nannan at Brothers Brick.
Help me please!

Last edited by AdmiralGrievous on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion, read the image guidelines before posting again.
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
Here's a suggestion, read the image guidelines before posting again.

UPS! SORRY! Embarassed
Anyway...Any others suggestions? XD Laughing
bigospedros

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're going to MOC it, shouldn't you come up with the ideas yourself, afterall ... the M in MOC stands for "my" ... Wink

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
if you're going to MOC it, shouldn't you come up with the ideas yourself, afterall ... the M in MOC stands for "my" ... Wink

Well, I'm asking only for SUGGESTIONS and not for INSTRUCTIONS...
I put the link with immages only to give you an idea of how is made the sailer Wink
Anyway , Why you have to be so sullen with me? Mad
Drock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 7752 solar sailer Mods Suggestion Reply with quote

AdmiralGrievous wrote:
Someone could help me in modding my solar sailer plese? Confused
I don't know from where to start !
(for example : suggestion for sail and interior...)
IMG on my MOC Pages :
edited by Chief: Link removed. these images were used without permission from Nannan at Brothers Brick.
Help me please!

I bought the set, but haven't put it together yet. I'm going to work on fashioning a sail probably this weekend. I'll see if I come up with anything neat. I'm sure everyone can put their heads togehter.
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 7752 solar sailer Mods Suggestion Reply with quote

Finally someone that think in the correct way!
Lot of Thanks!
If I go ahead with my project ,I'll let you know... I've alredy a few Ideas! Cool Wink
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this set is only available in Europe so far, may I suggest maybe that you try a little patience and wait until more members here are able to put their hands on the set.

Once the sets is available everywhere and more people get it, I'm sure there are lots of creative folks here that will be able to come up with different modifications that will inspire you.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bigj22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: US too Reply with quote

Daz Hoo wrote:
Since this set is only available in Europe so far, may I suggest maybe that you try a little patience and wait until more members here are able to put their hands on the set.

Once the sets is available everywhere and more people get it, I'm sure there are lots of creative folks here that will be able to come up with different modifications that will inspire you.

This set is available in the US already. I got one at Toysrus last week.So its here.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the odd appearance here or there doesn't constitute a full release. Once its available on S@H, its released.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
kevblee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much every TRU in So Cal has had one on the shelf, I have seen quite a few. Lego Store Glendale will have them out on the shelf starting Feb 1 I'm told.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: US too Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:
This set is available in the US already. I got one at Toysrus last week.So its here.

kevblee wrote:
Pretty much every TRU in So Cal has had one on the shelf, I have seen quite a few. Lego Store Glendale will have them out on the shelf starting Feb 1 I'm told.

Since I stand corrected, let me re-phrase for the purists here :

Since this set is NOT WIDELY AVAILABLE SO FAR, may I suggest maybe that you try a little patience and wait until more members here are able to put their hands on the set?

Geez... Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! Cool
I've modded all the sailor...it took me all the evening...
Anyway Now the cockpit can fit also count Dooku and the interior are totally changed!
The rear part of the interior is now divided in two rooms the first can fit until 6 minifig (or 4 with a table in the center) ;the second room, that is formed by the two grey pieces, can fit 2 or 3 minifig an there is also a sort of stair as a boarding ramp!
The interiors of the rear can be easily changed (by taking apart the floor) to fit the speederbike! Wink
Now I'm working on the sail, I'll make them by fabric so that are easy to close.
When I'll finish all the mods I'll upload my sailer on MOC.
stay informed!
A Little Preview:

kevblee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool....that's what I was planning to do as well with that front bubble. Please post more pics with different angles!!!!
bigj22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Policy Reply with quote

AdmiralGrievous wrote:
Done! Cool
I've modded all the sailor...it took me all the evening...
Anyway Now the cockpit can fit also count Dooku and the interior are totally changed!
The rear part of the interior is now divided in two rooms the first can fit until 6 minifig (or 4 with a table in the center) ;the second room, that is formed by the two grey pieces, can fit 2 or 3 minifig an there is also a sort of stair as a boarding ramp!
The interiors of the rear can be easily changed (by taking apart the floor) to fit the speederbike! Wink
Now I'm working on the sail, I'll make them by fabric so that are easy to close.
When I'll finish all the mods I'll upload my sailer on MOC.
stay informed!
A Little Preview:

Hi, Isn't it against policy if his link shows and leads to leaked pictures of the new sets? Just curious.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Policy Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:
Hi, Isn't it against policy if his link shows and leads to leaked pictures of the new sets? Just curious.

Nope these aren't considered leaked, the set is already popping up in stores and is on S@H.
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Policy Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:

Once a set has been found in a shop, I believe any pictures of the set from that box is OK to post.

Needless to say - that set is available in the ROW, so posting images isn't against the brick.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
bigj22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Policy Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
bigj22 wrote:

Nope these aren't considered leaked, the set is already popping up in stores and is on S@H.

sorry, please let me clarify what I meant. If you click on the link and scroll down, you will see a set not released yet. And on that site, you will see all the sets not yet released.
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I get what you mean. Ask the mods about this and see what they say.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was any other mocpage, I'd consider this an unfortunate loophole.
However, I'm sick of seeing this page that uses stolen images from Brothers Brick without permission.
So I have a legit reason to remove said link. Smile
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief wrote:
If that was any other mocpage, I'd consider this an unfortunate loophole.
However, I'm sick of seeing this page that uses stolen images from Brothers Brick without permission.
So I have a legit reason to remove said link. Smile

Yea I know. You also mght want to talk to him about the link in his sig. It links to his mocpage too....
Blacknight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdmiralGrievous wrote:
Done! Cool The rear part of the interior is now divided in two rooms the first can fit until 6 minifig (or 4 with a table in the center) ;the second room, that is formed by the two grey pieces, can fit 2 or 3 minifig an there is also a sort of stair as a boarding ramp!

This I've gotta see... Razz Looking forward to the pics...
harrison

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Policy Reply with quote

Quote:

if thats the case then any link on the FBTB forum to either Brickshelf, flikr, Moc pages etc is against the RTB policy since leaked pictures can be found on any of those sites.

it's getting a bit rediculous!
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Policy Reply with quote

harrison wrote:
it's getting a bit rediculous!

First of all, it's spelled "ridiculous". Even I, a French Canadian, know that.

Second, go read the CoC and the Respect the Brick policy, and try using your judgement.

AdmiralGrievous was walking a fine line here, and stealing images from Brothers Brick just placed him on the wrong side. Taking his defence against the staff is not the way to go here, unless you trully don't want to be here.

Instead, learn from that situation to become a better member.

Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, we've got a funny loophole here. His links go *directly* to his mocpages, where you can see images and links to the 2009 images.
If we couldn't see those on his page, no one would have noticed and we'd have no problem.

There's a couple other members here with flickr and brickshelf accounts with leaked images in them, but *I can't see those images* when I click on the links they provide.

It's reasons like this why there's discussions about this specific version of the RTB policy being abandoned as we move forward.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief wrote:
Like I said, we've got a funny loophole here. His links go *directly* to his mocpages, where you can see images and links to the 2009 images.
If we couldn't see those on his page, no one would have noticed and we'd have no problem.

There's a couple other members here with flickr and brickshelf accounts with leaked images in them, but *I can't see those images* when I click on the links they provide.

It's reasons like this why there's discussions about this specific version of the RTB policy being abandoned as we move forward.

Then we need a new version on the RTB and we need to make it no links to sites that have any leaked material! Wether it be Flickr,MOCpages,Briskself ect.

Daz Ho wrote:
AdmiralGrievous was walking a fine line here, and stealing images from Brothers Brick just placed him on the wrong side. Taking his defence against the staff is not the way to go here, unless you trully don't want to be here.

Why do you think I am siding with Ry?

Last edited by Zombie Bizzle on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Bizzle wrote:
Then we need a new version on the RTB and we need to make it no links to sites that have any leaked material! Wether it be Flickr,MOCpages,Briskself ect.

You know that's a ridiculous idea, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by saying it. You're not paying attention to what I'm specifically pointing out here: There's a couple other members here with flickr and brickshelf accounts with leaked images in them, but *I can't see those images* when I click on the links they provide. It requires another round of clicking or searching to find them. This hasn't been a problem until now.
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so tied and bored of you guys! Mad
1-do not call me a loophole person ! because the 2009 sets photos on my moc are not directly linked on fbtb (so this respect the RTB) ... it was not my intention doing this !
I wanted only put my page as my sig...
2-I'm very tired that every time I post something ,all of you want to find something that do not respect this policy...I don't know! ... If you want I let you cone in Italy , In my house to search if I'm hiding some 2009 sets photos (so that you can say that I do not respect the RTB)!This would simplify your job! Evil or Very Mad
3-it seems that in this forum is all about the RTB Policy ! Because every time you start a new topic, it will end in this argument! Confused
For all this things I'm starting to dislike this forum ! Be realistic; you don't do anything else that is not discussing about the RTB ! Mad
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These aren't the pictures we're looking for. Move along, Move along.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdmiralGrievous, the majority of the users on this forum don't generally have a problem with the policies we enforce, I don't know why we're having such a hard time with you. The rules are (mostly) spelled out here, which you're *supposed* to read before you join: don't get mad at us when we enforce them and "you didn't know."
Please note that we've left the main subject of your posts intact; your moc images.
I also feel like there's a language barrier here and some of the finer points aren't coming through in translation. I'm sorry for this, and hope we can work our way through it without hurt feelings.

In closing, if you don't like it here, leave. We can't -and therefore won't- stop you. We love our audience and members, but if we lost sleep over every single one we offended or drove away from the site, we'd have all died from exhaustion long ago. And then you'd have zombie staff.

Edit: Now look what you've d- urhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh /me lurches

Last edited by Chief on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: