FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your favorite battle pack?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: What's your favorite battle pack? Reply with quote

So now that we've had a chance to accumulate some different battle packs over recent years, what is your favorite thus far?

My favorite would definitely have to be the Rebel Trooper battle pack. Sure sure, I know there are a lot of clone-heads out there, but I was so thrilled to get a battalion of troops with the awesome "swooshy" helmets! Plus, I think the little speeder it came with is one of the best little battle pack kits, and definitely has the most playability with the removable laser turret. I also liked the Stormtrooper pack and the Assassin Droids pack (the colors and parts were pretty nice).

NOTE: This is not a "name your dream battle pack" thread! We have plenty of those running about. . .
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the Rebel Trooper one. The last LEGO set I got - aw.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to go for the Clone Trooper Battle Pack. There's a variety of minifigs, a set piece for bases (the gun turret) and an awesome speeder. What could be better? Very Happy
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tie between the Clone Walker Battle Pack (absolutely love the Phase 1 Clonies) and the Rebel Scout Speeder (finally, Tantive IV Rebels!).

They just both have figures that I love. The other four are good, but not as good as those two.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm not a clone fan boy, I definatly go with Rebel Troopers. All new figures, an actuall cool looking ship, and NOT happy faces Very Happy what else could you ask for?

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be different I like the droid battle packs. 4 B1's and 3 SBD and a nice STAP included. I can now have a big droid army.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
Al

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the original Clone Troopers Battle Pack the most, followed closely by the Imperial Dropship Battle Pack. There were a lot of useful and necessary pieces in the CTBP, and the variety of the figures included was great. I wish I could find some more somewhere for cheap.
Skafte

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial dropship for me. You just can't have too many Stormies, now can you?
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my favorite is the Imperial Dropship too, because I chose it over the other ones. I'll take the Stormtrooper minifigs over little Battle Droids. The Rebels look so identical...well, so do the Stormtroopers, but they're supposed to be, right Very Happy

『 <3 』
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rebel Battlepack was great for the new figures it offered us.
Stormtrooper Battlepack was good for the shadow trooper and new lips.
Droid Battlepack was great for the sheer number of figures.
EP III Clone Battlepack was great for variety.
CW Clone Battlepack is good for the Gunner and the uniformity of the figures.
Assassin droid Battlepack is sweet for the amount of Assassin droids you get; previously expensive figures and awesome to have no matter what.

I think it's a tie between the Assassin Droids Battlepack and the Clone Wars trooper battlepack for me - but I'm not a huge OT fan either.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
logande

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is the Rebel battle pack. Theses are guys that were never offered in any other set. A close second is the Ep. 2 clones from this year, only because I can now properly man my, I mean my kids, walker and gunship.
I would be estatic if they made others next, such as gungans (haven't seen them in a long time), death star troopers (two in the whole death star doesn't cut it), snowtrooper and hoth rebels, endor rebels and ewoks, and lastly wookies
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm diiging the Clone Walker pack as of late. I recently bought the RGS and it didn't have much in the way of troops with it (though I'm not complaining since it did come with a sith, 2 Jedi, and Commander Cody). This battle pack has become a nice extention of that set.
The Department of Redundancy Department
obxcrew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Rebels, but the new Clones look great, too. They both should prove to be very useful battle packs.

obxcrew
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel Battlepack for me, just because they offered completly new minifigs that weren't in any previous set. In fact, I currently own 6 Rebel Battlepack, more than any other of the Battlepacks.

But the Imperial Dropship is a close second, because like Skafte said, you just can't have enough Stormies in your collection. Wink

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's definately the Imperial Dropship. I just love the stormtroopers and the shadow trooper it comes with. Also, the actual ship itself I think is actually pretty cool...much better than the Rebel Speeder IMO. However, I do love the rebel minifigures that come in that set, just not the speeder Wink .
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the new Clone Walker battle pack, but my Dad isn't letting me get it, at least not yet. The first Clone Trooper battle pack is great as it introduced the new blasters and had great-looking minfigs, plus offered interesting chances for alternate models. The other battlepacks were ace in terms of minifigs, but the speeders themselves were pretty meh, apart from the Imperial Dropship, which is an interesting design.

><>
Inzane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rebel trooper pack is #1 by far IMO, for a couple reasons.

1. Finally a minifig of the rebel trooper. Something absent for a long time prior. And still to this day, that figure doesn't appear in any other set.

2. This is the only battlepack completely uniform, minimal waste. Giving us 4 of exactly the figure we want. No funky one-offs or rarely seen alternates or EU spawns. (eg. the stormtrooper battlepack is horrible for throwing in the black "shadow" Rolling Eyes trooper... you need 4 of those battle packs for a dozen regular stormies instead of 3. What a waste).

Honorable mention for the droid battlepack for similar reasons as item 2 above.
darkrebellion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think it all depends on the point of view you are looking at the battlepacks. To me the best battlepack in minifig terms is the Rebel BP cause the minifigs are totally new and also are one of the most wanted but to be honest the vehicle is the most boring in all the battlepacks Very Happy . In vehicle terms the best in my opinion is the Imperial Dropship BP Razz . That vehicle is just perfect in my opinion. Nice mechanism and also and interesting design.
infallible

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent clone set with the walker. I like the inclusion of the little clone pistols and the clone-skirt and shoulderpad.
lordvader208

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of vehicle provided with the battle pack, the best would have to be the Rebel Battle Pack and the Assassin Droid BP. The rebel speeder thing looks sleek and nice, and so does the assassin droid speeder. I find the Stormie BP ship to looks a bit weird and ugly, same with the new clone walker pack. The first 2 battle packs had vehicles that were just too simple, but nice minifigs.

In terms of minifigs, I would say that rebel, stormie, and ep2 clone BPs are the best. New rebels, an easy way to get stormies and ep2 clones, and even rarer special figs (like the shadowtrooper and gunner clone) make them the best. I really like the shadow trooper for the color scheme, and I have never seen it before.

As of now, I only have the rebel and stormie ones, but planning to get multiple ep2 clone BPs. I do have to say that the rebels get really redundant after a while.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lordvader208
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zombiekid24
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Stormies so I go with the dropship pack. I haven't found the two new battle packs to tinker with so my preference may change but I'm betting not.
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original clone battle pack included a lot of variety, nice Phase II clonies and good colored parts, and new molded guns. It is the best, imo. Wink
BloodZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clone Walker Battlepack, it has all the Clones I need, but the only thing is that it doesn't come with a Pilot which I need.

The walker IS awesome, but I'm gonna alternate it. Bleh... I STILL can't find it anywhere. All my stores run out within the hour that they get their shipments. Mad

Eh? What's that you say?
ZombieWaldo
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Assassin Droid Battlepack looks pretty cool. Especially since I couldn't care less about any of the minifigs in any of the battlepacks...
sam90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have stated, the Rebel BP does it for me. Long needed and finally here. No waste, nothing EU. Awsome set.

The Droid BP was great, so was the first Clone BP. But their extra's sucked.

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
Znieh

Location: If there is a bright center to the galaxy, I'm the farthest from it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it has to be the Stormie battlepack. Because for once you can get a decent amount of stormtroopers for a low price.
jammy3000100

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the rebel battlepack is the best it had a good vehicle and its the only set with episode 4 rebels
Fullmetalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Imperial battle pack the best because its a pretty cool ship and as well as that you get 3 Stormtroopers and a Shadowtrooper what more could you want.

A close second is the Rebel Speeder as the modal itself looks very nice and you get Rebel Troops that you cannot get anywhere else.

I may go to hell for saying this but I like the stickers in the Rebel Speeder set too and use them on other modals to make them look a bit better.
LegoMotion95

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say, the Clone Walker Battle Pack. New parts Idea
minivenom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's either the Stormtrooper pack (loving the new and improved helmet print) or the Rebel troops.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: