FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2009 FBTB Forums Bothan Spirit Awards (Results In OP!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: The 2009 FBTB Forums Bothan Spirit Awards (Results In OP!) Reply with quote

Welcome!
This year has been a tumultuous one for FBTB with many shake-ups, break-ups and make-ups. Our award ceremony is definitely exciting as we have a few dark horse winners, so let's get started!

And your winners are...

Voice of Reason
This category was tough, as it encompassed who made the most logical and passionate arguments on the forums this year. While the competition was fierce (our winner won with exactly one more vote than the second place contestant), this year's Voice of Reason is...

CountBlockula!
Contestant Factoid: CountBlockula fluently speaks eighteen languages, is persuasive in seventeen of them and knows the words for 'I'm going to drain you of your bodily fluids' in a whopping 34 separate languages!

Most Improved Member
Our Most Improved Member was a member who spent the last year perfecting their art of forum posting until they became a valuable staple of the forums. I'm sure no-one will be disappointed when I announce this year's Most Improved Member as none other than...

EnchantedKnight56!
Contestant Factoid: EnchantedKnight56's talents include singing, tap dancing, interpretive ballet and an encyclopedic knowledge of the 1973 New York Knicks!

Best New Member (Registered in '08)
The best new '08 member was another category which proved to be almost too close to call. Several great '08's were nominated and voted for, but at the end of the day, one name reigned surpreme... FBTB's most Golden Delicious member...

Lego Apple!
Contestant Factoid: Lego Apple is actually more of a Lego Pomegranate, but pretends to be an apple due to our collective inability to spell the word pomegranate correctly on our first try!

Bad Enough Dude To Save The President
Ah, the Bad Enough Dude To Save The President award. But who is this year's Bad Enough Dude To Save The President, and is that Bad Enough Dude quite possibly a Dudette? No. Instead it's...

RebelRock!
Contestant Factoid: RebelRock, or 'Rocko', is East Philadelphia born and raised, and spent a large portion of his childhood on the playground before moving in with his Aunt and Uncle in Bel Air.

Least Hated MOD
No lie, this category was a virtual slaughter with one name raking in a wide majority of the votes! I guess we'll have to change his title, since he can no longer plausibly hate everyone...

DonSolo
Contestant Factoid: DonSolo's name is neither Don nor Solo; instead, he is the pride of south-central Lubbock, Texas, one Mr. Emile Krakowskiwitz!

Most Attractive Member
I guess this was sorta a competition in the same way that me squirting you with a squirt gun is a rain storm. Disbelieving teens across the country flocked to vote for this winner, who provided multiple pictures of herself and proved once and for all that there's at least one girl on the forums that guys can pretend to be internet dating while maintaining a desperately lonely existence!

Darkie!
Contestant Factoid: Darkie isn't actually a girl, but is instead a very, very attractive man who resembles (and biologically is) a girl.

The High School Popularity Award
Ah, High School. An age of innocence... happiness... uncomfortable locker room nudity... In the end, only one contestant can be inexplicably popular and sort of a jerk, and that contestant is...

DonSolo!
Contestant Factoid: DonSolo only won this award because he threatened to stuff everyone in garbage cans and roll them down the steps of the Homecoming Dance if they didn't vote for him!

Thread of the Year (BCS)
The BCS Thread of the Year is exciting in that it's the first of three ties this year! Yes, three ties! And I'm not talking about the kind that you bought your dad at Christmas because they were three for one! Our winning threads were...

Gentleman Austin's Old-Time Doodletorium!
Bothan Battle Destiny X -- Elite Space Destiny Fight Supreme!
Contestant Factoid: I promise I didn't rig that outcome, I swear. I think Bothans just have short memories.

Thread of the Year (Anywhere Else)
Love it or hate it, our Thread of the Year (Anywhere Else) was a polarizing little shenanigan which proved that Ryan is grossly incompetent to defend himself in court and that Xzibit jokes are always funny!

The Trial of Don Solo!
Contestant Factoid: The actual trial took place in scenic Mexico on a sun-drenched beach and was actually just a race to see who could coat Collin's back with sunscreen the fastest!

Jedi Mind Trick Award
'These are not the droids you're looking for, but this is the argument you're going to passionately make without knowing exactly why!' Our winner here was silver-tongued and persuasive, making others inexplicably see his way! Congratulations...

TheJudeAbides!
Contestant Factoid: This, like, unchecked aggression... man... will not, like, stand. You know?

Yoda's 'Calm Your Mind, I Will' Award
If someone got the population all riled up, who calmed 'em back down again? Whose soothing voice spoke to you in the dead of night? When there's something strange in the neighborhood, who did you all call?

DonSolo!
Contestant Factoid: This marks the third award Don has won, paradoxically including 'Most Liked MOD', 'Unpleasant and Popular' and 'Calm and Reasonable'. Don't ask me, I don't know either.

Jawa Dealer
This started off as a competition and quickly ended up not being one. I guess when the staff makes a position for you to accommodate your mad skills you're a shoe-in for the related award...

copyright!
Contestant Factoid: Copyrightę is actually copyrighted to Feinstein, Feinstein and Brooks of NYC, and we're no longer legally allowed to mention his name in our posts for fear of a lawsuit! Congratulations, []!

Kessel Spice (a.k.a. The Sauntering Bantha Award)
Another tie? Oh, you shouldn't have, really. Especially in this category which asked, Who made your stay at FBTB all the more enjoyable? Your two winners...

The Master
Austin
Contestant Factoid: This was actually fated to be, as The Master actually IS The Master and Austin is the eleventh Doctor!

Best Builder (MOCs)
Finally, the two most prestigious categories of the award show. This first one is the equivalent of a 'Best Picture' Oscar, but with tiny plastic toys instead. Your winner, and Builder of the Year, is...

RebelRock!
Contestant Factoid: The gown Rocko is wearing tonight was designed by Dolce and Gabanna and is designed to accentuate his sensual hips and his rippling, hairy chest!

Best Builder (Mini-Figs)
Remember how I said there were three ties? Here's our last tie, and your two Mini-Fig Builders of the Year! Your winners are...

Kaminoan
Morgan19
Contestant Factoid: These two would love to be here to pick up their awards, but are currently in a tense Mexican legal battle over the rights to call themselves the one true Mini-Fig Builder of the Year!

Thank you again to all our contestants, participants and voters! We'll see you next year for the FBTB Forums Bothan Spirit Awards!

Special Thanks:
- Collin's Mom
- The 'Category Committee' who helped come up with our awards
- The number 5
- Viewers like you!

Last edited by Zombie Austin on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:28 am; edited 6 times in total
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: The 2009 FBTB Forums Bothan Spirit Awards Reply with quote

Austin Touchdown wrote:
Yoda's 'Calm Your Mind, I Will' Award
Who made you STFU, minus the F?

It would make it shut the up? Razz Wink

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say it with your favorite stereotypical accent!
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, Iare is deaf Razz
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, back to the pirate ship with you, Sloth!
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heeyyyyy Guuuuuuuyssssss!
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it:

"Heeeeeeeyyyyyy Yooooouuuuu Guuuuuuysssssss"

Question
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:

Question

Yes ^
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I knew I shouldn't have erased all memory of 2008 yet. Mad

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The 2009 FBTB Forums Bothan Spirit Awards Reply with quote

Austin Touchdown wrote:
Unreasonable Voice
If the above person is Yoda, this person is Ricky the Malfunctioning R5 Unit.

NNNNOOOOoooo!!!!
Can I please BLAST, err, Stun with Extreme Prejudice anyone that makes this the WHINING ANAKIN award?
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:

Question

Actually it's both, he says the first one when he swings down on the rope to get to the pirate ship.
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, a decent amount of people have voted, but I know there's more of you out there. Send in them votes; I've extended the deadline even further to accommodate you slacker types!
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 1/18/09 -- Cancelled?

Quite possibly. So far we've received <10 votes total, and of those, only one has voted for someone in every category. I'll accept PMs today, but if nobody is going to vote, there's no reason to pretend like we can give out awards.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't happen to be an "Austin wins it all by default" sort of situation, does it? Wink
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v Cool v
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
This doesn't happen to be an "Austin wins it all by default" sort of situation, does it? Wink

I never thought that was so much a "situation" as it is a "fact of life." Very Happy
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spent 30 minutes filling out the form, clicked "Send" and got logged out. Evil or Very Mad I'm now getting logged out about every 4 minutes. Confused I have to be up at 6am for work so I'm quiting this. If voting is still open tomorrow, I'll try again. Confused
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Master, that's just silly. Go into Word (or note pad), copy/paste that voting list, fill it out, and save it, so if you get logged out again, it won't mean you'll have to fill it out again.
Razz
Voted. Smile
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
I just spent 30 minutes filling out the form, clicked "Send" and got logged out. Evil or Very Mad I'm now getting logged out about every 4 minutes. Confused I have to be up at 6am for work so I'm quiting this. If voting is still open tomorrow, I'll try again. Confused

All you have to do is click 'keep me logged in', and if you DON'T want to be kept logged in, log off, log on again WITHOUT clicking 'keep me logged in', and log off again without it being activated.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, the usual, and typically the best solution, delete your cookies. I know "deleting cookies" sounds evil, but do it. Trust me. Twisted Evil
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really! That's happened to me occasionally when I'm on my brother's laptop or the other laptop(I only keep myself logged on on the PC), so I'll check it out as well.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
General Veers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted! Do I get some form of sticker?
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted today.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! Voted *whips forehead* Smile

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Lots of people are voting! Maybe the Bothies won't be canceled after all!

(I voted before the original deadline)

OOM-9 wrote:
*whips forehead*

Ouch. Now that's taking /facepalm to an exaggerated level.
Razz Wink

I'm not making fun of you or anything, btw.

Last edited by TK-425 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM'd my half-arsed nominations.

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know all (read: none) of you have been waiting for this moment, but the votes are in and tallied! I spent the last half day recording the awards ceremony, but my computer seems to think it'd be funny to delete all the work I've done.

So, if I can sort out computer problems, you should have the winners announced by tonight. If not, I'll maybe post still-frames from the ceremony with the winners, also later today/tonight.
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the computer bug ate pretty much all my work (which is beyond frustrating). So, instead you just get pure unadulterated results with a little commentary.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: