FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mars Mission is going to be replaced by Space Police!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ufjason

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Mars Mission is going to be replaced by Space Police! Reply with quote

I saw the banners at a Lego store this morning with two ships on it. I didn't have my camera with me but they look awesome! The two ships on the poster looked really nice, the police ship looked a little like a spinner from blade runner and the bad guy looked like a flying lockdown from transformers animated. The police ship looked like it had a trans blue 4x2x5 cylinder as the transport cell connected on the backside. There was a headshot of the bad guy and he had this cool skull helmet over a trans red head piece with an imperial star wars pilot torso. I'm so psyched as the death of exo force was a real downer for me. Glad another Lego made idea is going to take its place!
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those ships do look cool, and the bad guy isn't unlovable. Wait, I mean he's not ugly, err, unplayable.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, compared to the classic Space Police... this isn't exactly a cool replacement. It's too normal for Lego, not like what they used to do. Oh, well.
ufjason

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. Looking at them, the construction looked like more brick and less junior style prefab pieces. It's not blacktron they're hunting which would definitely be pretty cooler. I've only seen the one ship but I imagine there will be a whole line to choose from with lots of possibilities. I'm guessing we've got a decent wait as there was only a few snippets of news about this a few months ago.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of the banner that a few people have seen. It's promising, and I'm glad to get the boys off Mars, but I do hope they refine the designs before releasing them.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the fact that the alien minifig is sporting a TIE pilot torso, it seems like this is preliminary and likely to get a little polishing prior to final release.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, why do people have a problem with the baddie wearing a TIE torso? Is it that important that we get a new torso there?
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was wondering. The TIE pilot torso isn't a bad torso, and looks fine.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, and it also looks like it isn't all black like the Tie Pilot torso. And looks blue to me. And also, it has some arm printing it looks like, which is always nice.

I was going to start collecting either Agents or Miners to get a third theme going in my collection, since I really only collect Pirates and Star Wars, but I think I'm going to wait till these are released in the summer and start getting these as well. They looks better than Agents and way better than Mars Mission.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people just want to see a new torso, and since it's a new space theme and all us spacers are fickle complainy farts as it is, it would feel wasted to rehash a torso. I'm not complaining though, because I know it's a very early pic and I'm willing to bet that they will be new designs.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief wrote:
Just curious, why do people have a problem with the baddie wearing a TIE torso? Is it that important that we get a new torso there?

No problem for me. I would like to see a new torso, just because I like variety, but I also like the TIE pilot torso and see it as quite useful for space MOCs. I relish the notion of getting one in a cheap set. It's just not that common to see a SW torso used in a non-SW theme. I think the first time I noticed it was the hot rod Factory set (10200 Custom Car Garage).
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple more pics on Eurobricks.

Funny. On there, Hinckley (whoever he is) said "Thanks so much to mania3 for the excellent pics!". I laugh so much at this because it reminds me of one of the Well Played comics - the one where people get excited over a tiny image of a new Lego set/line. Laughing The images on Eurobricks may be quite big but they still don't show much. Neutral

Typical Lego Nutter
"Oooo! New Lego! And I can only see an image 5cm squared! FW!" Very Happy

Rolling Eyes

Thank God the Mods put an RTB Policy on the forums here (for sets yet to be announced).
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:

Funny. On there, Hinckley (whoever he is) said...

FYI: Hinckley is Mark Larson, one of the admins at Eurobricks.
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJcountach wrote:
Hmm, compared to the classic Space Police... this isn't exactly a cool replacement. It's too normal for Lego, not like what they used to do. Oh, well.

This is like the Pirates theme. They're ot as good as before. Oh, well.

End creepy minifig faces!
mjck7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he (mania3) did take those photos at a LEGO store with his cell phone. So I'm taking a wild guess here and saying that since they came from an official "source" that they are ok to post.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they're fine to post... I jsut wish someone would take some decent pictures.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
The Master wrote:

Funny. On there, Hinckley (whoever he is) said...

FYI: Hinckley is Mark Larson, one of the admins at Eurobricks.

Sickkkkk burrrnn. Laughing
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been following this new Space line for some time (but couldn't post about due to RtB). I'm pretty excited about it myself.

It would be nice to have some decent pictures of all the sets. For all we know, the ships depicted could be in one set. The main things that I'm taking away from this pictures are the color schemes (Trans-blue windscreen for the win) and the general idea. There is definately some serious potential for awesome here. I just hope LEGO taps it.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping that LEGO can give us something good out of this, and not make it turn into something like MM. But what I am hoping for is a future-esc Space Police station. I really hope LEGO doesn't give us another ship/command station as another exuse for a base, like all of there other lines.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conflict/vehicle/objective formula sells, whether we like it or not. LEGO seems to think so...retailers seem to think so...market research seems to indicate as such. I wouldn't expect this new theme to be drastically different from Exo-Force, Agents or Mars Mission in terms of the basic types of sets and price points we'll see. New designs and new minifigs, sure...maybe even some new parts or part/color combinations. SPIII might improve upon the Space theme the same way City and Castle have gradually improved over the past few years, but those with unrealistic expectations will be disappointed.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, duh... I mean, MM had some decent designs - personally I was just bored of Mars in general and the aliens all sucked rocks. Now that we have the opportunity for some possibly relatable baddies the conflict might be *gasp* interesting!
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
...personally I was just bored of Mars in general and the aliens all sucked rocks.

Yeah, I have to say those are/were the two biggest strikes against MM. The alien figs and ships were boring in terms of color and design. The fact that a lot of spacers felt like the line was a glorified Life on Mars 2 didn't help. The human ships were pretty decent but for the mandatory inclusion of funky trans-orange cylinders and hypersleds (a part which didn't even measure up to the LoM version if you ask me). I appreciated MM as a new, non-SW space line, but it left me a little underwhelmed, so moving on to an SPIII theme seems like a good move to me.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are shallow if we don't look deeper than the conflict.
Exo-Force was about civil rights. Unfortunately, the Million Machine March on the Sentai capital was too expensive to produce.
Mars Mission is the clash between spiritual values of the native's sacred grounds vs. the profiteering of strip mining.
Agents is classic corporate espionage with those in power stealing the intellectual property of the actual geniuses.
Power Miners is the resistance of the poor unwashed masses needing food vs. gathering it to energize the wealth of their industrial state, much like Iowa grows corn for ethanol instead of food.

The new Space line emphasizes the clash between youthful personal expression, rebellion and extreme activities vs. the overly protective, watchful, and legislated police state.

It is Sad, but Lego is teaching kids about more than violence. The children are learning about the issues stressing the fabric of our society.
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you're saying Johnny Rotten is the hero in this new space theme? Wink

ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to quote myself, but I thought this was significantly interesting news and expected more excitement...maybe posting this in the Power Miners thread was the wrong move:

Quote:
Saw this vid linked over at Brothers Brick. An interview with the Power Miners design team...kind of fun. Smile The gent in the middle/right pane who designed 8957 Mine Mech and 8961 Crystal Sweeper is none other than Mark Stafford (AKA Nabii). He's also responsible for 3 sets in the new Space Police III line which proves there is a God. Smile

Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! The new Space Police can finally make those stupid hippies get hair cuts and get off my lawn!

Take your youthful personal expression into the shower and don't forget the soap, you darn dirty hippies!

I could go on like this all day...
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New pictures for the Space Police have appeared from a Canadian Toy Fair. The sets and new figures look great, especially all the new alien molds.

Pictures of the new sets

I especially like that new, big green alien with the four arms.

Last edited by thrasher zombie on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
djmangunz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "Galactic Enforcer" is looking quite tasty. And I need those aliens...
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aliens are just wicked; I would've thought LEGO would have chosen a more old-fashioned style. I wonder what the hardcore classic Space fans will say.. Razz

I'm not a huge fan of Space, but that Galactic Enforecer is indeed looking pretty darn awesome.

In addition, is it just me or is the guy in the right side of this pic just screaming "Mordor orc"?
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic doesen't work, but I assume you're ref'ing the one with the spiky headpiece? On that note, just put it on a troll warrior and you may be that much closer to a perfect Orc!

But in light of the fact that such helmets weren't seen in the movies, I should also bring light to the fact that Orcs didn't really have a set armor type, so it could well be a fit.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: