FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IDEAS FOR 2010 STAR WARS SETS!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love theJudeAbides' idea! Especially since I missed all of those except the TIE Bomber (which I got before I got into Star Wars), and the TIE Fighter (which I got in the TIE Collection), and I would get them anyway, since they would get a black and grey makeover.

I would totally buy all of those!
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I would love to see the Tie Fighter, Tie Bomber and Tie Intercepter in the grey colour scheme. (Because Vaders Grey Tie looks abit weird sitting beside all the blue Ties)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit_Fisto wrote:
The RAS Prosecutor
Reason: I want Republic Commandos, and it would be nice for a Capital Ship that isn't a Star Destroyer or a Corvette! Include Delta squad, several slavers, a few Trando Mercs, anand several Trade Fed units. (SBDs, Battle droids, Droidekas etc.) Also a few surviving clones troopers. The famous detention level, the bridge and a hangar with the regulator.

Hear HERE! It'd be the perfect way to get an Acclamator, some more clones, Delta Squad, Trandoshans, some droid dispensers...

Actually, that would be better to make in four sets.

A hangar with Boss, the bridge with Fixer, and the detention level with Scorch and Sev, all littered with droid dispensers, droids, Trandos, etc.

I think an RC line would actually be the best way to go... Laughing
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Rescue
Features injured Luke, Han, and a TaunTaun that can open it's stomach and fit Luke inside Wink

DeviantART|Brickshelf
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying this for years now, but it still holds true. There needs to be anything LEGO can think of with more Padme Amidala minifigs. It's absolutely inexcusable that the only minfig to date of the main female character of the prequels was released in 1999, especially considering there has been no flesh tone Padme released.
pur3 0wn1ng9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi CouncilReason:I would like Ki-adi-mundi minifig(Sorry if thats not the correct spelling)Mace Windu, Yoda, and all the other guys/girls as well.

Hoth battlepacksAT-AT driver and 3 Snowtroopers for Imperial pack. Rebel pilot, 3 Rebel soldiers, and a taun taun.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:

Hear HERE! It'd be the perfect way to get an Acclamator, some more clones, Delta Squad, Trandoshans, some droid dispensers...

EDITED!!!

(My mistake--wasn't thinking clearly this morning. Wink )

Last edited by The Brain Eater on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the RtB policy. Because even mentioning new sets is not allowed.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Have you read the RtB policy. Because even mentioning new sets is not allowed.

Might want to edit your post then Wink . Anyways, I just want to see more Original Trilogy sets. I'm kinda getting sick of all the clone wars sets bombarding us at the present time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the clone wars on tv...the ones without Jar Jar...and I like some of the clone wars sets because I missed out on most of the original ATOC sets, but I fell there is still a lot of great things lego could do with the OT. Well, that's my two cents.
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with the TIE ideas, especially the bomber, I would like to see more Episode I sets. A new Flash Speeder, a tan AAT (we need something to match the new MTT), a new bongo sub, STAPs, flesh Obi-Wan padawan and Qui-Gon, Panaka and Amidala, and so on...(Podracers, pilots...)
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta' Bo wrote:
flesh Obi-Wan padawan and Qui-Gon

We got them in the Republic Cruiser a couple of years back.

TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a new, brilliant idea!

How about this: Utapau Landing Platform-$45, about 350 pcs.

It would include the landing platform (the one where Obi jumps down behind Grievous and says "Hello there") with a walkway above it. The platform would be a baseplate with decorations on it to look like the Utapau platform. The walk way would be fairly wide. It would include some random boxes to make in look authentic.

Figures/Creatures: Obi-Wan Kenobi, General Grievous (hopefully a redesign!), MagnaGuard (x2), Super Battle Droid (x2), Battle Droid (x2), Clone Trooper (EP III, orange, x2), Commander Cody (EP III), Boga, and a Crab Droid
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Masta' Bo wrote:

I know, but still, only one set (which was a so/so one)...?
darkrebellion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I really want the TLC to get away from the CW sets Mad . I know there are lots of possibilities and that they sell well around the main target audience for the TLC, but because of this overdone waves full of just CW sets the TLC is really leaving apart all those amazing OT and PT sets Mad . I think if they do the next year a bit more balanced it could sell very well too Wink . It seems like they lose interest in all those PT and OT fans out there. Cīmon TLC just an OT set for the January wave and non PT sets? I know the CW could be take as PT but lets be fair, not all the fans of the PT like the CW.

Also I am getting tire of the battlepacks. Where we leave all those beautiful years when REAL vehicles and ships where mada at a $10 price tag? It seems like the TLC now take like synonym Battlepacks and $10 price tag Mad . I hope they release sets such as a Cloud Car, Atgar Cannon, Ewok Glider, Bailīs Speeder, Coruscant Taxi and a long, long list of $10 sets possibilities Very Happy .

Also I want more playsets. Who doesnīt think that a Geonosis Arena is more needed than a Magnaguard Strafighter? or a new Jabba Palace than a RAS? Just look at how awesome the DS playset is and you can get an idea of a set of Jabba Palace of that price Very Happy .

Then we have a lot of important non CW vehicles and ships that arenīt done yet. Just think about a Rebel Medium Transport, a Naboo Royal Starship, a Gian Speeder, a Coruscant Fire Speeder, an Outrider, a new Imperial Shuttle? Look there are lots and lots of possibilities Razz .

In minifig terms I need to admit that they have done a good job giving us normal characters in CW style and choosing unique one that look like both normal and CW style (I donīt care for minifigs such as Ahsoka cause they only appear in the cartoon) but look at the minifigs we have got the last years and look the big holes we still have. We really, REALLY need minifigs of a Queen Amidala, a Padme, a Chancellor Palpatine, an Aayla Secura, a Mon Mothma, an Admiral Ackbar, a Nute Gunray, a Bail Organa, a Nien Numb, a Biggs Darklighter, an Aunt Beru, a new Watto, a Boss Nass and a long list that can grow the same as the SW EU Laughing .
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta' Bo wrote:
Master Fetty wrote:
Masta' Bo wrote:

I know, but still, only one set (which was a so/so one)...?

My apologies that this is a bit off-topic, but why the hate on the Republic Cruiser set? I think it's one of their better ones to date, if for no other reason than all the great parts in red, and it had some great features. I know there were complaints that the cockpit was too small, but really, what's wrong with the set as a whole?
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkrebellion wrote:
Also I am getting tire of the battlepacks. Where we leave all those beautiful years when REAL vehicles and ships where mada at a $10 price tag? It seems like the TLC now take like synonym Battlepacks and $10 price tag Mad . I hope they release sets such as a Cloud Car, Atgar Cannon, Ewok Glider, Bailīs Speeder, Coruscant Taxi and a long, long list of $10 sets possibilities Very Happy .

Also I want more playsets. Who doesnīt think that a Geonosis Arena is more needed than a Magnaguard Strafighter? or a new Jabba Palace than a RAS? Just look at how awesome the DS playset is and you can get an idea of a set of Jabba Palace of that price Very Happy .

I must agree with the chep point. Inflation, however, has mean that chep sets have near enough doubled in price, so previous $10 sets are nearly $20. But if the battlepacks are going to be this unimaginative as this year, thete will be little point.

The problem with playsets is that they don't sell as well as ships. The reason the DS has been made is due to an older target market and actually looks like the Death Star (unlike like Jabba's palace).

Darth Pityles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the format of theJudeAbides' post, so I'll put mine in like that. I also agree with all of his choices, excepting the Ewok BP. I would have put in Rebel Commandos (a la Renegade Squadron cover), hands down.
Anyway, enough talk. It's cheap, and time is money. Ergo, money is time. Ergo, my time is running out.

Outrider
Not minifigure scale, and I doubt it would ever be. Something to scale with 4504. For some reason, I like it when large craft are made much smaller than scale.
Minifigs:
Luke
Leia
Lando
Chewie
Artoo
Threepio
Dash
Leebo

Cloud City Playset
We've not had one since I was too young to have enough money to get it. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying it needs a revamp. Includes a revamped Cloud Car.
Minifigs:
Lando
Bespin Han
Carbonite Han
Bespin Leia
Bespin Luke
Printed Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Multiple Stormtroopers!
Lobot
Bespin Guard

That's all for now, but I might edit this later. Stay tuned.

If you are a Christian, put this in your signature :><>

It's Lego, NOT LEGOs!
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it may violate merchandising agreements, the set I'd love to see would be a few (as earlier mentioned) Clone Wars Impulse Sets. Though I'm certain lego would not release commanders in them, here are my ideas:

Clone Impulse Set
- 1 White Clone Wars Clone
- 1 Rangefinder + 1 Headlamp + 1 visor + 1 Kama + 1 Pauldron
- 1x Small Blaster Rifle
- 2x Blaster Pistols
- A small gun rack assembly on which to hang up two weapons and a stud on top to place pauldron
- A white crate of This Mold Piece with a Republic Emblem sticker on the piece. The crate would look nice in dioramas and be a basket to put the ARC accessories in.

Droid Impulse Set
- 1 New Super Battle Droid (with cannon arm)
- 1 Battle Droid
- 1 Blue STAP vehicle
- A white crate of This Mold Piece with a CIS Emblem sticker on the piece.

Ah? Ah? For $3.49 a pop, it may not have that many adult buyers, but for the eight year old kid who finished watching the latest Clone Wars episode that saturday morning to walk into Target with five bucks in his pocket, he'd be sold. Lego would make a killing off of them.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCRskater wrote:

My apologies that this is a bit off-topic, but why the hate on the Republic Cruiser set? I think it's one of their better ones to date, if for no other reason than all the great parts in red, and it had some great features. I know there were complaints that the cockpit was too small, but really, what's wrong with the set as a whole?

Not to get off-topic, but to answer:
I liked the Cruiser, nice colors, some nice features. I mean, my brother has it, and from what I have seen, it is way too fragile and oddly balanced in a way. I like it, but I'm not a huge fan, in other words.

I think the reason why LEGO made battlepacks is because they were not allowed to sell just SW figures, because of the whole Hasbro and Star Wars 1-4 sets. So, not to be a complete downer, but frankly, SW Impulse sets are extremely unlikely guys. Confused

Anyways, I, along with others, would like to see a chrome Royal Starship. [Watto] Nubian? [/Watto]

Last edited by Zombsta' Bo on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
H3D1

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is one of those "I wish!" sets...

UCS Minifig Scale SPHA-T
What: a UCS, with the whole complement of clones (15), and every detail including the 20 troop capacity troop bay! Kinda like the MTT of Clones. Wink
ranwanimator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an adult collector and (most times) have the money to blow. Not that I don't look for value.

I will have to jump on the anti CW bandwagon. I'm a BIG OT fan and the PT + CW can fall off the face of the planet and I just wouldn't care. I love the UCS stuff and would like to see re-releases of some of the earlier ones I wasn't able to pick up do to lack of funds at the time. UCS - Xwing, Reb Block Runner, and why no UCS Awing or Bwing? What about a UCS life sized Lightsaber hilt series? Pure awesome.

I'm not a fan of adding lights and sound and motors to the sets, these jack the price up and don't add a whole lot of value in my opinion. Bye AT-AT redesign.

I like minifigs, but as these are (most times) the most expensive pieces in the sets, fewer is better IMHO. I'd rather have more pieces than more minifigs. (Sacrilege!) I'd rather have TLG go back to silkscreening bricks as opposed to having to waste their resources putting stupid anime faces on minifigs and then packing in a stupid sticker sheet for me to apply (which never comes out well). I hate one-shot stickers.

I would love to see more stuff from the expanded universe ala Tie Crawler and Rouge Shadow. I have a whole book of SW ships and craft that would make excellent sets. It's not like people don't know what they look like, MicroMachines made a whole bunch of them back in the day.

Outrider
Lady Luck (Lando's space yacht)
AT-MT (Mountain Transport has EIGHT LEGS like a spider)
Executor (I would even accept microscale for this one)
Z-95 Headhunter (like an xwing without split wings - w/Mara Jade minifig.)
Wild Karrde (Freighter - read a book!)
Neb B Frigate (Fragile but awesome)
Corvette (Blockade Runner - but Repub Cruiser sized instead of UCS)
Mon Cal Cruiser (complete with Admiral "It's a trap!" Ackbar)
Tie-D as its own set.
KOTOR - Ebon Hawk
Victory class Star Destroyers (smaller than the one we're all familiar with and red instead of white - see Jedi Academy Trilogy)
Sun Crusher (w/ Kyp Durron minifig)
Dreadnaught class heavy cruisers

I could go on and on. Lego just needs to hit the expanded universe. You'll all buy it. Even if you have no idea what I'm talking about. You know you'd be on that like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

EXPANDED Universe will save Lego SW!
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIMAFOL wrote:
Shadows of the Empire speeder set. With Spiker, Big Gizz and Luke at Ben's Hovel.
Outrider. With Dash, Leebo and Leia.

Yes. That, and everything Jude said, please, LEGO. Wink

Plus, I've always been inexplicably fond of this old Kenner vehicle. Someone (HJR?) did a pretty sweet LEGO rendition of it a couple of years ago that looked like it could be a set. I'll try and find it...

Edit: Dingdingding, found it! Okay, so my definition of 'pretty sweet' may have changed since I last saw that, but you have to admit it could be a set from a few years ago. Actually, browsing Brickshelf, there are a few MOCs of it. Nothing too outstanding, but there can't have been that many TIE Crawlers or TIE/ds, and they still got made.

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCRskater wrote:

I know, I love my Republic Cruiser! I "swoosh*" it around all the time. I don't honestly care about the cockpit size, although I'd prefer it to be larger.

* by swoosh, I mean carefully fly it with two hands. I don't have the instructions
ranwanimator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh! and a Mandalorian War Basilisk.
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Basilisk War Droid would be rather hard to make into a set. Plus, it's not really a very well known thing. As are alot of Mandolorian things.
zombietaunwampa
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H3D1 wrote:
This one is one of those "I wish!" sets...

UCS Minifig Scale SPHA-T
What: a UCS, with the whole complement of clones (15), and every detail including the 20 troop capacity troop bay! Kinda like the MTT of Clones. Wink

The SPHA-T is HUGE you wouldn't be able to fit in your house
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranwanimator wrote:
oh! and a Mandalorian War Basilisk.

Thanks you sooooooo much for reminding me of the name! I meant to include this in my KOTOR sets list of EU Vehicles We'd Like to See Released thread, but I couldn't remember the name and was too lazy to look it up. Razz

I approve, second, and say "aye!" to this proposal. 4 thumbs up.
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still actually wonder if that even was a basilisk. EDIT: Going back and watching the game play, the "Basilisk" in KotOR looks more like a StarViper-Class fighter.

Another thing I would like to see is a TIE Defender.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, I don't think there's a single set that anyone on here would disagree with having made into a Lego set. What it all boils down to is what is most practical for TLC to actually make. Some, like the TIE Defender are practical not only as a set, but as a set that could be marketed. Some (though I wish it were not the case), like the SPHA ideas, are just too big/expensive/not well-known enough to be made. That's what MOCs are for, it's too bad I don't have enough pieces to make any good ones. Razz
El Jefe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're going to redo anything in 2010, they better update the Imperial Shuttle! Mine (from 2001) is starting to yellow, and is pretty noticeable next to my Imperial Landing Craft. Plus, they can make a real interior, and include Endor versions of Luke, Leia, Han, and Rebel Trooper. That is my major demand for 2010. As for other ideas...

Ebon Hawk w/ Revan. Exile, Bastila, Canderous, HK-47, and T3-M4
Lars Landspeeder w/ Owen and Beru
A REAL Cantina playset w/ Ponda, Evazan, Wuher, Snaggletooth, Duros, and Hammerhead
TIE Defender w/ Thrawn or Baron Fel
Z-95 Headhunter w/ Mara Jade
Naboo Speeders (Gian and Flash Speeder) w/ Captain Panaka and Padme
A Geonosian Arena playset w/ Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, and the
Neimoidian Shuttle (rumored I think) w/ Nute Gunray
Tri-Droid (rumored I think) w/ Ki-Adi Mundi
A Mos Eisley playset w/ Garindan, a Bantha, and a Ronto

I'm sure I can think up more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: