FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daddy/Daughter MOCs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Daddy/Daughter MOCs Reply with quote

I don't get a whole lot of time to build these days. I'm sure many of you can relate: I have a marriage, a house and a full-time job to keep me busy (not to mention the fact that I'm still working on a degree). I also have a 6 year old daughter. In spite of her undying devotion to Barbie, Disney Princesses, Polly Pocket and other girly-girl toys, I've managed to convince her pretty explicitly that LEGO is awesome. As you might expect, we spend a lot of our play time immersed in the brick. With that in mind, I wanted to share a few of our more memorable collaborative efforts for your amusement. These projects have taken place over the course of the past year or two and they are all completely constructed by the two of us from parts in her collection (so, heavy emphasis on Paradisa, Creator and Spongebob parts). Also, my apologies for the photography...I've been playing around with some of the manual settings on my camera...I need a gray card for white balance.

6x6 Truck

Junk Wagon

Offroader

Rail Worker Car

Santa's Satellite Office

Characters
MingoDave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are awesome. As a potential future parent, I look forward to doing the same sort of thing with my potential future kids.
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems your daughter likes building vehicles Wink
But they all look pretty good.

FlickrBrickshelf
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I'm not gonna deny that I have a lot of creative input regarding our subject matter. But she has "final cut" so to speak. Smile If a creation of ours does not include pink, purple or magenta, it's rare.
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply awesome! As a parent to 2 daughters, we build together also, but there's more emphasis on houses and flowers. Very Happy I applaud you for posting her work as well.

In regard to the pictures...
I had the same issue with my camera and lights (especially when photographing blue or red items). Go into your white balance menu and chose a different light source (most simple digital cameras have this function). For me this made a huge world of difference. Even though I have incandescent lights, when I chose the florescent settings, I avoid the "yellow" shift like you have in those photos. Play with the different white balance settings until you get something closer to what you want. You can also play with the pictures on the computer by adding more blue.

Good luck!
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, DD. I actually did play around with them a bit in Corel Photo Paint (not that you can tell). My main issue was the lighting source (intentionally turned off flash on most of 'em) and me just goofing around with manual settings, though I was using the tungsten WB setting...after an hour or so of shooting, I was anxious to post these and deemed them "good enough". Smile I don't shoot very often lately and have to get reacquainted with my camera. Maybe we'll have a nice, yet overcasty day soon and I'll reshoot 'em outside.
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
.... though I was using the tungsten WB setting...after an hour or so of shooting, I was anxious to post these and deemed them "good enough". Smile

I guess here is my advantage for buying a cheap camera! Laughing I only have 4 settings to chose from (outside, incandescent, florescent, and auto). I just snapped 4 different pictures with the flash off and stuck with the one that looked the best for that lighting. I would also recommend not using photoshop for playing with the colors. Simpler is better. Try the photo software that came with your camera.
Also note that pictures that are a bit too blue (nothing drastic) look great when viewed on the PC monitor. It only comes out bad when you print.

Good Example:RBR It's too blue, but it works well for PC viewing.
Bad Example: Pod Monster I tried to fix the extreme yellow shift, but failed to get the color balance right.

PS> Sorry for the long off topic tangent. Embarassed
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth's Daddy wrote:

PS> Sorry for the long off topic tangent. Embarassed

No harm done...I appreciate the tips. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: