FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! with linking technology

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Help! with linking technology Reply with quote

Not sure if I should be posting this here, but it seemed appropriate to me. Does anyone have a good idea to seamlessly link two parts that are built with studs up, one of them turned upside down? For instance, if you build two little boxes, then turn one upside down, what is the best way to put them together without a space? I'm not working on a super small scale, but I definitely don't have room for an involved technic apparatus. . . any suggestions?
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glue?
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic.

I'm having a hard time picturing this... can you share a picture of what you are trying to connect?
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they are blocks, and not plates, what you can do is use the half-technic pins with the studs on one end, so the pin goes into the block, and the stud clicks on the other one....

let me know if that helps.

AJay
blackninjatom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use the two studs on the chain saw.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For plates, if you remove the handle from the little control stick, you can wedge them into the bottom of plates and then stick another plate back-to-back.

I'm looking for a pic but not finding one... search engine skills are declining. Sorry.
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All great ideas, thanks guys! AJay's technic solution seems pretty compact and may be strong enough, and I didn't realize you could wedge those little hemispheres in between the spaces on the bottom of plates. I may give that one a whirl, too. Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to post up my MOC once I have it all together. . .
MingoDave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:
For plates, if you remove the handle from the little control stick, you can wedge them into the bottom of plates and then stick another plate back-to-back.

Here it is.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For somewhat heavy sections, two of these with a plate or tile connecting the 2x2 sections is about as good as technic pin grip if pieces are built to touch under the 1x2 section. It is better than head lamp bricks or bricks with side studs because it can compress the sections together. But those are good to assist other techniques.

Even stronger are technic beams. The new beams are one stud square, so not thick if part of a brick cross section. The old brick beams have odd geometry that gives odd gaps. which may need to be covered.

The old fingered hinges gave one plate thick flips, but are hard to find.
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mingo! I was having a fit trying to find that. =)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: