FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Your Favorite SW Video Game? (TOP 5)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite SW Video Game? (TOP 5) Reply with quote

Mine, in order of personal favoriteness:

1. KOTOR
2. Battlefront II
3. Jedi Outcast III: Jedi Academy
4. TFU
5. KOTOR II

My last three can basically be switched around to any order--this is just how I felt at the time.
Outrider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like:

1. Battlefront 2
2. Shadows of the Empire
3. Rogue Squadron
4. Republic Commando
5. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

in no particular order (this topic should be in the LEGO/Star Wars Software forum).
Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose any of you would like to give reasons behind your choices, other wise it could turn into a pretty pointless thread. The discussion might suit it better.

I'm gonna go away and work out which games would make my top 5, there are a few good ones out there, but the great ones a hard to think out.

Jedi Outcast definitely gets the list though.
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=5800

Ok, maybe there wasn't the question for the Top5, but most people named more than one game, so I guess this is very similar.

FlickrBrickshelf
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi wrote:
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=5800

Ok, maybe there wasn't the question for the Top5, but most people named more than one game, so I guess this is very similar.

Haha, my mistake. I did do a search for this type of topic, but I must have missed this one browsing the results. My mistake if people think it's too similar to the old one, but does anyone mind letting this live? Smile

Anyway, in response to Edward, I'll elaborate on my selection.

1. KOTOR had not only an extensive story full of twists and turns, imaginative and loveable characters, and graphics that blew other games out of the water at the time of it's release, but it always just made me feel great to kick back, boot up the old Xbox, and use Death Field on some Dark Jedi. Very Happy Plus the fact that you could be, light, dark, or a more intermediate shade of gray...

2. Battlefront I would have been my choice, being the awesomest SW shooter game ever, but then I realized I liked the actual game interface of II better. I think II would have been much better had the included all the old levels found in BF I, but no complaints. Fun to take part in battles as any one of four factions, loved the addition of hero units--especially non Force-sensitive ones--and the story mode Rise of the Empire.

3. Jedi Academy was one of those games I purchased at TRU after a Christmas blowout, and found for $0.99 (no joke). Picked it up with a Lego X-Wing fighter (with Yoda's hut), and never opened the game until 2 years ago. I was enraptured the moment Rosh Penin almost died in the tutorial. Laughing It had some awesome levels and playability, loved the absolute carnage that could be wreaked by your Force Powers. Go dual-wielders!!

4. The Force Unleashed for Wii I got for my birthday last November. Loved the unleashedness. Unfortunately, didn't like it enough to be my #1 favorite game. The levels rock, powers rock, graphics rock, story rocks, but for some reason it just wasn't my favorite...

5. KOTOR II had a great story, despite the objections people had about it, saying all the bugs ruined the game, and the plot holes in the story were disgusting. Personally, I didn't mind. I liked this almost as much as KOTOR I, but because of the plot holes I saw, it didn't compete. I spent too long finding a lightsaber the first time, and didn't see any real satisfaction in being lightside, even though most of you party members are. This time, I'm going to corrupt everyone and make them Dark Jedi Knights!
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets keep this all in the thread Andi linked, no need to double up.
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. KotOR

2. KotOR II

3. Republic Commando

4. Battlefront I

5. Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

I'm afraid Republic Commando takes BFIs title as the best SW shooter game ever.

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Battlefront 2 - The best idea Lucasarts has ever brought into a Star Wars game, Giving you a large supply of troops, vehicles, weapons, and locations. You can just battle it out in an open ended war compaign. I can have hours of fun with this game. Obviously it has it's little techincal difficulties here and there, but that is easly ignored.

2. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Mixing both great Lego Star Wars games into one double packed game with extra features and hours of entertainment. All the Lego games are amazing to me, and fun for any age, I can see them becoming one of those timeless classic games years from now.

3. KOTOR 1, never finished the game because it stopped working halfway through the game for me, but the amount I played I really enjoyed, even if it was turned based fighting, which I have an extreme hatred for. But the story was great, the characters were good, and I loved the exploring RPG style of game play.

4. Force Unleashed, the first Star Wars game I think that really allows you to feel like a Jedi. The graphics are great and the story is fairly good. Only downside is the story is fairly short and you can't do anything except play the game over again once you beat it.

5. Shadows of the Empire (N64) Classic, I played this game all the time as a kid, and loved it (even though it took me forever to beat Boba Fett) Only downside..the graphics are terrible by today's standards.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Battlefront I - I liked I better than II because I think the levels are better designed, and I was not enthralled by the additions of ship piloting and heroes.

2. Rogue Squadron - though it's dated now, it was so cool when it first came out, and I still love all of the different environments and mission objectives. There was a lot about it that was pretty realistic at the time.

3. Star Wars Epsiode I: Racer - I've always enjoyed racing games, so a Star Wars themed racing game had to make the list. So many opportunities for shoot 'em up and flight games, but this one seems unique.

4. LEGO Star Wars - So much fun to play through all of the movies in a LEGO format, and they are very tongue-in-cheek. The humor is a big selling point for this one.

5. Empire at War - I loved Galactic Battlegrounds, and Empire at War was a glorified version of that same concept, allowing travel to other planets and space battles! I also liked that it incorporated the political aspect to a modest degree.

Wow, 5 already? Other notables for me would be Galactic Battlegrounds, Phantom Menace, Republic Commando, and Yoda Stories. Unfortunately, I have yet to experience KOTOR or any newer games Sad
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars, the original arcade game. Tons of fun here, even though it's a simplistic idea. I was fortuenately able to play it on an actual cabinet at the Musee de Mechanique (sp?) in San Francisco.

LEGO Star Wars, for PC (At least, that's the version I played). This is one of the exceptionally rare instances where the PT beats the OT, at least in my opinion. I never really cared for LSWII, mainly because I didn't really gravitate towards the new concepts, such as building, driving, and the character creation. Although the driving stges were greatly improved in LSWII.

Star Wars, for the NES. A pretty fun sidescroller, it's only fault being that the first flying stage is pratically impossible, which means that I'm only able to play up till that point, which gets awfully repetitive. The game was also on the Sega Master System, there it had spetacular graphics, especially for an 8-bit console. However, the game was rendered virtually unplayable due to the horrendous sounds. True, the NES wasn't known for its sound system either, but this was just awful.

Super Star Wars (all of them), for the Super Nintendo. Those of you who have played this game might be wondering why I listed it so low, which I do because the game is very difficult (Which isn't really a flaw, but whatever), and has incredibly repetitive gameplay, which makes the game very tiresome to play. However, the sounds and graphics are pretty good, so it's not that bad.

And...yeah. As you can tell, I don't play a lot of modern games. Wink

Also, I know there's only four, I just haven't played that many SW games. Razz
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to wonder now if 5 was too short of a list. Anyway, I'm going to post my next 5 favorite here (explanations later--I have to finish a ton of homework--I hate getting back from breaks and having your teachers assign essays the first day they see you). Here's 6-10.

6. Clone Wars (Xbox)

7. Empire at War

8. Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

9. Super Star Wars ESB

10. SW (arcade version)

Response to Flynn: I recall heading to the little Musee de Mechanique in SF when my aunt came to visit (about 8 years ago), and I was 7 or 8. My older brother was enthralled by the actual contraptions, whereas I preferred the arcade. I loved the feeling when I found some random game that had a joystick, started playing without knowing what it was, and soon seeing the unmistakable shape of a TIE fighter barreling towards me. My dad laughed as he saw my look of delight and said, "See, this place was perfect to take you to!"
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder now if 5 was too short of a list.

I personally think 5 is way too much. 2 is excessive - there aren't that many SW games and a lot of recent ones *cough*EaW*cough* were disasters.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
there aren't that many SW games and a lot of recent ones *cough*EaW*cough* were disasters.

What didn't you like about EaW? I thought it was nearly flawless.

And actually there are over 100 Star Wars Video Games, discluding Mobile Phone Games. I think it's around like 120 to be a little more specific.

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do get bored with EaW, but I don't think there's anything wrong with gameplay or interface or graphics. I love it.

And yeah, there's a ton of SW games. Especially if you consider only PC ones. There's at least 20 there. Plus, old systems. SW video games spanned from classic arcades, to the first home systems, to modern games. That's like, 25 years or so...
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaW just never felt as clever or engrossing as Galactic Battlegrounds and was just way too boring to hold the Star Wars name.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think 5 is too small a number for this list. The main thing to understand is that even though these are all Star Wars games, they're all completely different. It's just stupid trying to compare the likes of Yoda Stories with Shadows of the Empire, or Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast with X-Wing Alliance. They each have their pros and cons, but to compare them, when they are so different on a basic level, not just the details, makes this a hard choice.

X-Wing Alliance certainly takes one of the spots, I think it expands a lot from the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games, I like the story and it's one hell of a fun game to play.
Jedi Outcast is a phenomenal game, it's story is just awesome, it's graphics are great for it's time, you can't not enjoy playing it.

Yoda Stories, Shadows of the Empire, did any one ever play Rebel Alliance II? That was a fantastic game. I don't really think the more more games are all that great, the older games had such an impact on me as a small kid that it's hard for new games to surpass the feeling of playing the old classics. LEGO Star Wars is of course an exception. I think style and game play add so much that it's extremely hard to fault.

I have a very old copy of Star Wars Monopoly. That was what it was, Monopoly, just with Star Wars-y goodness.

So I'm not entirely sure I could ever choose 5 favourites, or even 10, I don't know.

I almost forgot Episode I Racer. That game was amazing and I love it.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Republic Commando - Best Star Wars Shooter hands down, and in my humble opinion, the best Star Wars game made.

2. X-Wing Alliance - a lot more advanced, and in my opinion more fun than below.

3. X-Wing and Tie Fighter - the two famous flight simulator games

4. Episode 1: Racer - As Joedward said... This game is just too much fun.

5. Empire at War, Jedi Outcast, Battlefront 2, or Jedi Academy; they all go down here.
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Knights of the Old Republic
KotOR is, for me, the best Star Wars game of all time. It nails the Star Wars atmosphere, has wonderful characters, and a plot worthy of any of the Star Wars movies. It has it's little idiosyncrasies, but all in all, simply classic.

2. Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Like KotOR, the second version is amazing. KotOR II feels a little more like the original trilogy, as opposed to KotOR grasping the whole saga's feel. The darker tone is a nice change of pace and the grim atmosphere add to this game's appeal. Even the fact that it's a wounded game adds to it's character. Perhaps I'm just too in love with the KotOR franchise, but for whatever reason, these two games have captivated me.

3. Republic Commando
Republic Commando, which some claim as a Halo spin off, is also a classic. Starting with it's grim and gritty atmosphere, [like the OT] and coupled with the excellent execution of the squad AI [and their interaction with eachother] Rep Comm definitely kicks the pants off the Jedi Knight games in terms of first person shooters.

4. The Force Unleashed
What can I say? Blowing the crap out of things with the Force and being a literal Force god is gratifying, even if it's not as realistic [well... as far as that goes with Star Wars] as say, KotOR. The Force Unleashed is one of those games [like the others on this list] that you can tell had a lot of love poured into it. The story may be choppy, but the score integration and gameplay more than make up for that. In all, a well rounded, fun, stunningly addicting game.

5. Battlefront

Being in the midst of armies colliding? Taking command posts and helping your fellow soldier? Yes. Battlefront was an instant classic. Basically just a Battlefield mod, Battlefront gave the fans something they'd always wanted - large scale Star Wars... er... Wars with vehicles, fun, iconic maps, and hordes of baddies to fight against. What more is there to say?

><>
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Battlefront: Renegade Squadron

I also like Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Batman.

End creepy minifig faces!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: