FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of free shipping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: End of free shipping Reply with quote

I'm sad because Lego Direct has ended the free shipping they've offered me since my first order, about 8 years ago.

They've offered it to me because of the amount of money expanded (several hundreds of euros each time) + the unavailability Lego products suffered in stores since Lego stopped to send Lego representatives in toy stores.

Now I've got not anymore advantage to order to Lego Direct. I'm still not sure to find every set on stores (since 2000) if not more expensive than on S@H (wich increases the prices from twice to thrice compared to those in USA), and after the Death Star fake in last summer, this is a very discouraging new for my collection.

I wonder how do the other European collectors to go on, though I'm aware that the situation is far more troubling in Japan, Singapour, Australia or New Zealand.

Is this called the 2007 crisis? Wink
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time I remember reading anything about people getting free shipping just because they can't find the sets they want in their areas... also, 2007?
Gingerbeard Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Lego Direct? Is it different from Shop@Home (shop.lego.com) in any way?

For France the postage listed on S@H is a maximum of EUR 6.95 for orders over EUR 75. That is more than the max EUR 4.50 we pay in Germany, but if you are ordering serveral hundred Euro worth of sets I think it still hardly matters.

Depending on what particular sets you are looking for you might want to try Amazon. They often have sets at less than the retail price and for orders over EUR 20 amazon.fr offers the same free shipping in France as amazon.de does in Germany.

E.g. 7676 Republic Gunship: Currently available from amazon.fr for EUR 93.82 with free shipping, as opposed to EUR 129.99 on S@H (with country set to France).
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the financial crisis.

End creepy minifig faces!
Gaia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
What is Lego Direct? Is it different from Shop@Home (shop.lego.com) in any way?

For me, it was different as I could ask for free shipping with Lego Direct... Razz
Gingerbeard Man wrote:
if you are ordering serveral hundred Euro worth of sets I think it still hardly matters.

Well, that's exactly what I told to Lego Direct: it's hardly matters... for Lego! Wink

(All the more than Playmobil offers free shipping and several items (small ancient sets, T-shirts, bags...) for orders above 50 ... Rolling Eyes, wich I needn't to ask fot present sets because all of them are found in every toy store or department.)
Gingerbeard Man wrote:
Depending on what particular sets you are looking for you might want to try Amazon. They often have sets at less than the retail price and for orders over EUR 20 amazon.fr offers the same free shipping in France as amazon.de does in Germany.

Thank you very much for the information!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: