FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solar Sailor N/A in US; Republic Shuttle N/A in ROTW at S@H?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Solar Sailor N/A in US; Republic Shuttle N/A in ROTW at S@H? Reply with quote

Shocked What gives? I really wanted to purchase the Attack Shuttle, and I'm sure those in North America would have liked to had the choice of buying Dooku's Solar Sailor.
The fact that certain sets weren't available to purchase online to all countries never bothered me before until it directly affected yours truly. Confused
I was always curious, but now I would like to hear some kind of explanation or gain some kind of understanding why TLC would choose to offer sets to some parts of the world and not to the other. And, will they eventually rectify the matter and offer them everywhere. I seem to remember people talking about the fact that North America couldn't buy the TX-130 (Republic Tank) on-line.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you're honest about simply whining about it...
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that will only be temporary? Normally, LEGO release some sets in one reigon a bit before they release them in another. The tank is a good example of this.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, patience IS a virtue..

Just my 2 cents..
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:
You know, patience IS a virtue..

Just my 2 cents..

Yeah, I'm going to have to weigh in on that side of this issue. If it comes to NA at all (which it probably will) then it's really nothing worthy of a complaint as far as I'm concerned.
Zombie Jones
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that shipping to Tatooine can be a bit pricey.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mofo Jones wrote:
Keep in mind that shipping to Tatooine can be a bit pricey.

My brother-in-law grew up just a few hundred kilometers from where they filmed "Tatooine" in Tunisia. Wink
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Sailor N/A in US; Republic Shuttle N/A in ROTW at Reply with quote

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
The fact that certain sets weren't available to purchase online to all countries never bothered me before until it directly affected yours truly. Confused

Okay, do you realize how selfish that sounds? That's like saying "All those people getting killed didn't bother me until it was someone I knew".

I'm not trying to be mean here, it's just that there are a plethora of sets that either the US had exclusive release to, or that came to the US first. Overall, we've got it good, we don't get the price hikes or anything that other countries are subject to. The amount of whining I've seen from US residents is simply uncalled for. "Oh, we didn't get the Castle advetn calendar! Oh, we had to wait abit for two sets! Oh, the humanity!" Europeans amd Australians have a great many reasons to whine, but I rarely hear them do it. So just stop, please. We don't need to whine.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Sailor N/A in US; Republic Shuttle N/A in ROTW at Reply with quote

Flynn wrote:
Okay, do you realize how selfish that sounds? That's like saying "All those people getting killed didn't bother me until it was someone I knew".

This is an excellent comparison. Mourning a lost life is exactly like complaining about regional availabilities of LEGO sets.

And seriously, you never hear Europeans/Australians whine? Try paying even a little bit of attention next time LEGO announces the price for a new set. Doesn't matter which set, someone's gonna whine about it.

I'm not saying Mr. Platoon's post is in any way not stupid, but it's not like we Yanks are the only ones whining around here. Whining is a global phenomenon. Razz
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to compare the situations, I was just trying to say that it was incredibly selfish to even say something like "I didn't care until it affected me". True, the comparison is incredibly exaggerated, but that was really the only situation that came to my mind.

Also, I'm not intending that we Americans are whining brats and that the rest of the countries are perfect angels. True, when something does happen to other countries, you get your fair share of complaints, it just seems to me that we (US) complain so much when the most trivial* things happen (OMG, I has to wait?!?!?) that it's just growng out of hand.

*On a similar note, why is it that we all complain about these things? They're LEGOs, for crying out loud, it's not a necessity. True, they are fantastic little toys, but that's it. THEY'RE TOYS. You don't need them. If the problem bugs you so much, then don't buy it, it's as simple as that. As for availability issues, surely there are other methods of purchasing the desired set (Bricklink, ebay, Amazon) and if the prices are hiked up, either deal with it or don't buy it. You don't need to needlessly complain about it.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All problems you may have can be taken up with the Customer Service mobile complaint department.

Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just toss this entire thread in there?
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandtrooper Platoon - I'd say you'd lost all your credibility onthis alone, but honestly, u never had much. u've been complaining about anything and everything from the clone wars series.....

AJay
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get for giving threads the benefit of the doubt.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: