FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POST ALL Post-Holiday Clearances Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus 75% off at Target? Holy crap I need to get there too Shocked
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. There's too much competition in So Cal for things to get down to 75%. things get bought up at 30% regularly.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me commiserates with bigkid24 Sad
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
drew724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Louisville, all but 1 of our Targets reset the V-19's, AT-TE's, and Magna ships with the 2009 sets at regular price. Oh, the Rogue Shadow & Anakin's starfighter were reset too. Only 1 Target (a really small store) clearanced these and I did have a friend who got a V-19 for $13.

Walmarts have clearanced the V-19s finally, but they are at $45 (instead of $54) and the AT-TE's are at $69.
scandell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigkid24 wrote:
wow. There's too much competition in So Cal for things to get down to 75%. things get bought up at 30% regularly.

Not true! I live in Redondo Beach...and have found 12 different 75% off sets from 5 different targets! Keep your eyes pealed! Many of the sets I am finding are hidden behind other things in the clearance section...EVEN MORE sets are no labeled as clearance items...even though they RING UP as clearance items! SECRET SALES!!!!!
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Targets are you hitting up? Because all the local ones I've hit up have squat. My previous post:

Chief wrote:
For the record, if anyone lives in the South Bay, you can safely avoid the San Pedro, both in Carson, the Redondo Beach, Torrance (off Sepulveda and Madrona), and the Gardena Targets: all lacking Lego clearances. I haven't yet checked the Manhattan Beach Target, nor have I branched out of my usual 10-mile range yet. Sad

Update: went out during lunch and checked the Manhattan Beach Target and a secret Target I'd spotted off the freeway that must have opened just recently: Manhattan Beach was another bust but the new secret Target has several sets in the clearance aisle, all at 30%. There was a Creator Stego, several Indy Race for the Stolen Treasures, and Jungle Duel. There was something else also, but now I can't remember what it was. Anyways, not much. :\

[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I made my first stop of at a local Target since Christmas...I was hoping to score the Agents exclusive, but alas, it was not in stock. None of the Indy sets appeared to be on sale either. It was not a fruitless quest, however, as I managed to net 4210 Coast Guard Platform for $12.48 (not that I really needed any more of these).
scandell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief wrote:
Which Targets are you hitting up? Because all the local ones I've hit up have squat. My previous post:

Chief wrote:
For the record, if anyone lives in the South Bay, you can safely avoid the San Pedro, both in Carson, the Redondo Beach, Torrance (off Sepulveda and Madrona), and the Gardena Targets: all lacking Lego clearances. I haven't yet checked the Manhattan Beach Target, nor have I branched out of my usual 10-mile range yet. Sad

Update: went out during lunch and checked the Manhattan Beach Target and a secret Target I'd spotted off the freeway that must have opened just recently: Manhattan Beach was another bust but the new secret Target has several sets in the clearance aisle, all at 30%. There was a Creator Stego, several Indy Race for the Stolen Treasures, and Jungle Duel. There was something else also, but now I can't remember what it was. Anyways, not much. :\

I hit Manhattan Beach. (A few sets were hidden amongst the clearance items...I only noticed them my second time there!)

Gardena
Culver City
Redondo Beach had a 6211
Los Angeles (La Cienega Blvd)

Also, since I bought a 6211 at target the day after Thanksgiving for $50...I now can return this unopened one I bought for $25 in place of the $50 one....then IN TURN purchase it AGAIN for $25! That way I pay $25 for each!
etcknight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone sees a SW Millennium Falcon at 50-75% off, could you please pick one up for me? I'm on the SSL list and would need shipping to zip 91791. 75% off would be better, but 50% might be okay. I'm hoping to cannibalize the electronics and put it into my UCS Lego MF.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three more targets visited today (Eastchase, Overton Ridge and Alta Mere). No sign of clearance items. I'm beginning to think my initial success was a fluke. I have two Targets left that I know of in my local area, but I feel my will weakening. I feel myself starting to question whether or not I actually need 8636, even at $12. Night is coming...and wolves...if I am to survive until morning, I must tend the fire, eat the last of my Girl Scout cookies, and pray for better luck...
scandell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's your second post in a row that completely cracked me up laughing. Your on a roll!
ufjason

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a lego store nearby, 8636 is on clearance for 35 bucks there. There were more than plenty for sale.
scandell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scored another returned 6211 star destoryer today at target for 75% off! People seem to be returning these things! I am always at the right place at the right time!
Qzak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone out there able to get their hands on the Republic Attack Tank?

bricklink
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
Jesus 75% off at Target?

That's a cheap way to get Jesus!
Was that UCS or minifigure scale? Laughing
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth's Daddy wrote:
Firespray wrote:
Jesus 75% off at Target?

That's a cheap way to get Jesus!
Was that UCS or minifigure scale? Laughing

Well played sir, well played Laughing
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this thread is pretty old now and any remaining after holiday deals are getting more like early spring deals, so... I am unstickying this thread. Keep it alive as long as you feel you need to, but it doesn't need to stay up high!
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thundarr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Report from Smoggy Utah:
Target:
Okay, I've now hit every Target store in the state (except St. George) and the only major find was the Indy Crystal Skull Temple for 20 bucks (score!). I got the last one. I don't think it was a return because the box was absolutely MINT. Most stores included these in the LEGO 2009 reset (and they are still priced at 80 bucks). The store where I found this deal did not have a shelf tag for the Temple anymore, although they had reset their LEGO almost identical to other Targets and could have fit it in there - weird. By the way, the other posters are correct - you have to look behind things in the clearance aisles to make great finds like this. I found this behind a Barbie van. I could barely see that beautiful red square in the upper corner of the package. Cool

K-Mart:
Spongebob Chum Bucket $5.00 (it didn't scan so the checkout girl just guessed - hey, I wasn't arguing with that!) Smile
Speed Racer & Snake Oiler $19.99 (reg. price) but cool to find because I still needed it and its now OOP.

Walmart:
Found the full impulse assortment for $2.00 on clearance - picked up an army of Trolls and Astronauts.
Police Station for $60.00 (they had tons)
Lots of Large Green Baseplates (# 626 ) for $4.00
Spongebob Rocket Ride for $17.00 (bought their last one) - there are some cool pieces in this one.
And a weird one to see on clearance already: Castle Tower Raid for $25.00
ufjason

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was one Walmart I'd gone to back when I was desperately seeking a Tumbler I had accidentally oversold. I remembered it because it was one of the few that still had droid gunships. As I'd found one on clearance for $17 two weeks back, I decided to drop by that location on my way to a location I was visiting for work. Well, I spent a good amount of time there and imagine that most of the deals I found are going to be nationwide clearance soon if not already.

Castle Siege $30
Hunt for Stolen Treasure $17
AT-TE $69
Magnaguard Fighter $35
Torrent $45
Jungle Cutter $30
Droid Gunship $17
Halfire Droid $15
Dwarves Defender $7
Dwarves Mine $45
Temple Escape $35
Police Command Truck $35
Quad Bike $4
Speedboat Rescue $30
Troll Assault Wagon $15
Tower Raid $25
Skeleton Tower $35

I think that's everything I made a mental note of. Yes, I have a photographic memory.

If anyone found republic fighter tanks on clearance at target, let me know as i'll trade or reimburse for them!
drew724

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the Rogue Shadow at a Louisville Walmart for $30!
sam90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

These sales are friggin insane!

6211 for $25?

We never - ever - see sales like that. The best deal i've ever seen was 50% off speed racer and Jones. That is the single best deal. All other sales are 15-20% off.

Evil or Very Mad

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
Tomahawker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scandell wrote:
Scored another returned 6211 star destoryer today at target for 75% off! People seem to be returning these things! I am always at the right place at the right time!

The employees at your Target must be less savvy than the ones in my area. An item like that would never hit the retail floor. It would be scooped up by an employee and Fleabayed for a quick $50 profit!
Zombie Jones
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two fantastic clearance deals at a nearby Target:

7675 AT-TE for $24! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hasbro's new Big Millennium Falcon for....$35! This was $150+ last summer, so it's definitely a score! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ufjason

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find, has anyone found the at te on clearance at target in the SE?
UdaQuai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thundarr wrote:
Walmart:

Which Walmart(s) was this at? I might pick one up at that price.
Thundarr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UdaQuai wrote:
Thundarr wrote:
Walmart:

Which Walmart(s) was this at? I might pick one up at that price.

Ephraim
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relating to Ry's main-page post of the $4 TIE Interceptor: It is now sold out on the TRU website. I hope it returns at the $3.98 price point, because if it does, I'm gonna buy like four, even though I already have one.
BrickSith303

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see how this all played out...that set has been listed as 'Sold Out' since this time in 08. Oh well, maybe they found a pallet in their warehouse or something.
ufjason

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he never said he saw it in stock. I doubt it was, he probably never saw it before and got excited. Notice he described it as vader's tie when it's the interceptor.
Thundarr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target (Utah):
Found 7661 for only $12.50 ! Very Happy It was hidden behind a Hannah Montana box in the clearance aisle.

Walmart:
Spongebob Boating School is now down to $25.
"Impulse Buy" Troll is now down to $1.
Brand new 2009 Dump Truck (#7631) for only $5.00 (must have been a mistake on their part).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: