FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POST ALL Post-Holiday Clearances Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbjork

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Target in Boston (Watertown) Reply with quote

I stopped by the Target in Watertown yesterday and found the Republic Fighter Tank (7679) and the Coast Guard Platform (4210) for $34.98. Not a great sale, but the Fighter Tank is sold out at Lego!
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Target in Boston (Watertown) Reply with quote

kbjork wrote:
I stopped by the Target in Watertown yesterday and found the Republic Fighter Tank (7679) and the Coast Guard Platform (4210) for $34.98. Not a great sale, but the Fighter Tank is sold out at Lego!

I've been looking for that Tank everywhere. My local Targets are completely drained of all old Lego. Lucky you!

For the record, if anyone lives in the South Bay, you can safely avoid the San Pedro, both in Carson, the Redondo Beach, Torrance, and the Gardena Targets: all lacking Lego clearances. I haven't yet checked the Manhattan Beach Target, nor have I branched out of my usual 10-mile range yet. Sad

Update: went out during lunch and checked the Manhattan Beach Target and a secret Target I'd spotted off the freeway that must have opened just recently: Manhattan Beach was another bust but the new secret Target has several sets in the clearance aisle, all at 30%. There was a Creator Stego, several Indy Race for the Stolen Treasures, and Jungle Duel. There was something else also, but now I can't remember what it was. Anyways, not much. :\
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
drew724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the following at several Louisville area Walmarts:

Dwarves Mine $45
Troll ship $64
Agent sub and boat $35
Indy race for the treasure $17

I only bought the Indy set. All the Star Wars were still at full prices.
scandell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Target in Boston (Watertown) Reply with quote

Chief wrote:
kbjork wrote:

I've been looking for that Tank everywhere. My local Targets are completely drained of all old Lego. Lucky you!

For the record, if anyone lives in the South Bay, you can safely avoid the San Pedro, both in Carson, the Redondo Beach, Torrance, and the Gardena Targets: all lacking Lego clearances. I haven't yet checked the Manhattan Beach Target, nor have I branched out of my usual 10-mile range yet. Sad

Update: went out during lunch and checked the Manhattan Beach Target and a secret Target I'd spotted off the freeway that must have opened just recently: Manhattan Beach was another bust but the new secret Target has several sets in the clearance aisle, all at 30%. There was a Creator Stego, several Indy Race for the Stolen Treasures, and Jungle Duel. There was something else also, but now I can't remember what it was. Anyways, not much. :\

Cheif, I live in the South Bay...thanks for the tip!! I can tell you the Manhattan Beach Target has NOTHING either.
scandell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling Target sold most of their leftover lego stock to discount stores like Tuesday Morning, TJ Max, or something.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Target in Boston (Watertown) Reply with quote

scandell wrote:
Chief wrote:
kbjork wrote:

Cheif, I live in the South Bay...thanks for the tip!! I can tell you the Manhattan Beach Target has NOTHING either.

Sorry, geographically challenged here asking which South Bay you're referring to. (A bit thrown off by the fact that it's a reply to something in Boston.)
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the South Bay area of Los Angeles Wink
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
etcknight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know when the next round of markdowns is supposed to be? It just recently went to 30% off (cuz I was still seeing 15% signs being pulled). Target used to be more predictable, but recently, they just seem to be randomly deciding when to mark down.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief wrote:
This is the South Bay area of Los Angeles Wink

Haha, k. I was thinking more along the lines of the SF Bay Area, close to myself. Laughing
ufjason

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target stores have a set schedule for markdown days. However, each store's weekly days for markdowns can vary. My stores in the Atlanta area markdown mon-wed. It can be different in other areas of the US. As far as set schedule for when they hit the next markdown level, this can vary per store as a store with more clearance will most likely reduce pricing quicker than a store that has very little.

etcknight wrote:
Anyone know when the next round of markdowns is supposed to be? It just recently went to 30% off (cuz I was still seeing 15% signs being pulled). Target used to be more predictable, but recently, they just seem to be randomly deciding when to mark down.

ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up 7623 Temple Escape at my local Wal-Mart for $36 (MSRP $59.99).
Thundarr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Hi Everyone,
This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum for awhile now. Here is the report from Utah, the only place I've ever had difficulty finding LEGO deals (or even full price sets for that matter!) - a LEGO Collector's nightmare: Crying or Very sad

K-Marts:
5585 Pink Bucket 12.00 (Regular 14.99)
4982 Spongebob Mrs. Puff's Boating School 36.00 or so
7724 '08 City Advent Calendar 22.00 (UPC scanned in their system as Harley Quinn's Hammer Truck)

Targets:
Only checked a few so far - one Target had the 7723 Police Pontoon for and some large Bionicle sets for 30% off on clearance. Another Target had already done the 2009 reset and only had new, full price sets. A few 2008 small Indy sets were regular price.

Comic/Toy/Card Shop in SLC - scalper city! He had a 7264 Imperial Inspection (which I could never find in stock anywhere when it was available at TRU retail) priced at $350. They also had 2008 Batman sets and lots of discontinued Star Wars, City, and Castle sets, all for about 3 times the retail price. I guess that is the going rate on eBay for some of these though, so I can't complain about it too much. Plus, I did score some cool small sets for retail price: 7891 Airport Fire Truck , 7655 Clone Troopers Battle Pack, and 7009 Final Joust (the last one they had of each).

Shopkos:
Checked a few and found nothing - their LEGO section just has a few regular price DUPLO Dinos and Clone Wars SW Sets.

Smith's Marketplaces (aka Fred Meyers):
Nothing on sale, some 2009 sets now in stock.

TRUs:
Saw several 7658 Y-Wings and 7666 Hoth Bases before Christmas. Checked again last week and they were all gone. Most TRUs around here already had the 2009 sets out during their holiday BOGO 50% off sale, and they recently restocked with more. Most older sets are now gone.

That's my report. Just a note on my comment above about Utah - I think the reason LEGO is so scarce down here is because it's very popular with kids, and kids are in abundance here. I have nothing against the Mormons, but I just wish they weren't so dang fruitful. Wink
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a Target by Ontario Mills in SoCal yesterday I picked up an Agents #7 Deep Sea Quest on sale for $35 (30% off). I thought that was really odd, because all of the other Agents are still full price, and there's more to come in the line this year.
ufjason

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agents #7 was one of the 4 $50 target exclusives, the others being the republic fighter tank, coast guard sea platform and some crappy bionicle set.

My secret target stash of 6 republic tanks got moved to the floor and clearanced. Meanwhile I was working and missed the whole thing! No 35 dollar tanks for me =(.
drew724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the Rogue Shadow on clearance at Target. Mine still has 2, and they are $49.99, AND they have reset. I'm guessing that means it's not hitting clearance, but I wanted to check with you guys first.
ufjason

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, only time I got a deal on rogue shadow was for $30 bucks at WM where I'm pretty sure they're on clearance nationwide. If anyone can get their hands on republic fighter tanks, let me know. I'll either reimburse or trade a 6211 I recently found for two of them.
Archangel86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: No Studs Here... Reply with quote

Here in the NW Suburbs of Illinois, I have checked the following and found bare shelves:

Meijer at 58 and 62 in Rolling Meadows
Wal-Mart at 58 and 62 in Rolling Meadows
Wal-Mart At Schaumburg and Barrington in Streamwood
Target at Higgins and Meacham in Schaumburg
Target at Schaumburg and Barrington in Schaumburg

Lastly, Toys R Us in Schaumburg on Golf has kits (some), but no deals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gigglestick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ's (a big box clearance store...like Sam's Club) in the Syracuse NY and Auburn NY areas had the Torrent and the Speed Racer set with the red Tractor Trailer for ~$20-$22.

There are some Bionicles there too.

TRU in Albany NY has the Republic Gunship, the HUGE Life on Mars set with the air pump, and the Droid Carrier on sale.
Thundarr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another SLC, Utah Target Report -
I checked another store and found they had finished their reset of the LEGO aisle, with lots of 2009 sets stocked up. There was no LEGO in the clearance aisles (this store had about 4 aisles of toys stacked in complete disarray on the shelves). However, back in the new LEGO aisle, I found the LE Coast Guard Platform (4210) for ~34.99 (was 49.99 - I left it there) and Indy Stolen Treasure (7622) for ~20.99 (was 29.99 - bought it).
drew724

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Police Command Center for $11.98 at a Louisville Target and a Bionicle set for $12.98 (normally $49.99). My buddy found a V-19 for $13 at a Louisville Target. Good luck!
Zombiekid24
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
I just picked up 7623 Temple Escape at my local Wal-Mart for $36 (MSRP $59.99).

Yup I got mine for $35 at a So Cal Wal-mart.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75% Clearance at Target.
I scoured a store for:
Speed Racer Grand Prix
Golden Anniversary Set (my first gold brick)
Bionicle Jetrax T6 limited edition
2x Race for the Stolen Treasure
10x Jungle Duel

Mission Birthday was also a success. The other neices and nephews who haven't seen the light are taken care of too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle Angel Alita wrote:
75% Clearance at Target.
I scoured a store for:
Speed Racer Grand Prix
Golden Anniversary Set (my first gold brick)
Bionicle Jetrax T6 limited edition
2x Race for the Stolen Treasure
10x Jungle Duel

Mission Birthday was also a success. The other neices and nephews who haven't seen the light are taken care of too.

Will you please post the DPCI for the Jungle Duel set?

Thanks!
scandell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scored the following sets from Target this morning for 75% off!

6211 Star Destroyer $25
General Grevious Starfighter $5
Cruncher Block and Racer X $ 9.00
Lego Creator Stegasaurus $15.00
LEGO Mars Mission ETX Alien Infiltrator $7.00

IM SO STOKED!
Qzak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up from Target today at 75% off 1x 7675 AT-TE for $21.24, 7624 Jungle Duel for $2.48 ea (12x), 1x 8636 Agents Deep Sea Quest for $12.48 Very Happy

bricklink
ufjason

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arg! I'm so jealous, you guys are getting such good deals at 75% off. Here, they haven't gone any lower than 30% and I can't find much of anything! I did find a 6211 and couldn't resist another one, only 10 more than the black friday special but these are starting to go above retail again at other places.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still 30% at the couple of stores here that even had Lego on clearance... Sad
etcknight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variable level of discounts here in TN (I'm visiting - out of CA). 30-75% off today. Argh! Missed out on what little they had cuz I was busy working.

If anyone sees a SW Millennium Falcon at 50-75% off, could you please pick one up for me? I'm on the SSL list and would need shipping to zip 91791. 75% off would be better, but 50% might be okay. I'm hoping to cannibalize the electronics and put it into my UCS Lego MF.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my success at two different targets...I decided to hit two more last night.

I got:

Agents #7 Mission 75% off!
Police Mobile Command Center 75% off!
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'd better get to Target.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: