FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special thank you to Pharmjod

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ufjason

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Special thank you to Pharmjod Reply with quote

I just wanted to say a special thank you to Pharmjod who really went out of his way to help me over the weekend.

I had accidentally plugged in the wrong inventory in my store and sold a set I didn't have on hand. When I first saw that I didn't have the set, I was just going to email the buyer and be honest about what had happened. She had already emailed me after paying and said it was for her son and wanted to make sure it would arrive for Christmas. I'm normally a little stoic about Christmas because I'm Jewish and get a little worn out how Christmas infiltrates everything including my kids' school. I then thought about her little boy and held off notifying her. I did my best to locate that set, driving around all weekend looking at every walmart and toysrus in the metro area.

In a last effort, I finally reached out to Pharmjod. He happened to have one set that he was originally going to keep for himself. In a magnanimous gesture, he agreed to ship the set directly to her.

I wouldn't have been able to get that boy his Christmas gift without this forum and just one of it's member's benevolence. In the end, I actually paid 10 bucks out of pocket for my mistake. I feel pretty good knowing I did the right thing rather than taking the easy way out.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday! We just had the first night of Hanukkah yesterday and I helped my stepson finish his ILC this morning. I hope this holiday season is going well for all of you! I'm usually so obsessed with shopping and getting deals I've decided I'm going to use the 25th to build the UCS Falcon!

Last edited by ufjason on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth yoda
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds pretty hectic... What was the set? Wink
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear! Nice to hear that you hunted down the set to make her son happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very hard to find batman set that was announced as discontinued a few days after I had already sold it.
ZombieSeptemris
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great story! Thanks for sharing!
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers to the both of you. Specific holidays aside, a kid is going to be excited when he gets the gift. That's the fuzzy warm crap this time of year is supposed to be about... supposedly... Wink
RoflWafls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That story makes you think how people can be so nice during the holidays, thanks for telling us! Very Happy
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that the Batman set was the Tumbler?

I just got one of those in the mail today from someone off Bricklink. It was set at $75, the cheapest there was on BL. Shortly after purchasing it, the owner took his last one and knocked up the price to $80.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I didn't expect you to post it in here. Thanks... for the thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: