FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What EU vehicles would you like to see Lego release?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidcross

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea for a small EU set: how about those little conical mining ships Thrawn used to bore through capital ships' hulls?

Brickshelf
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Expanded Universe Reply with quote

Some sets from KotoR would be very welcome indeed. Of course the Ebon Hawk, and some Republic cruisers. And maybe the ghost cruiser of the Sith Lords. Minifigs ; and a diorama of the Jedi Masters on Dantooine.
- Revan
- Bastila.
- Carth.
- Malak.
- HK47.
- Kreia.
- Handmaiden.
- Atris
- Canderous and some mandaloriens
Etc

The Kotor videogames are the best candidates for lego sets from my point of view, except the movies, of course.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Expanded Universe Reply with quote

Kollektionneur wrote:
Some sets from KotoR would be very welcome indeed. Of course the Ebon Hawk, and some Republic cruisers. And maybe the ghost cruiser of the Sith Lords. Minifigs ; and a diorama of the Jedi Masters on Dantooine.
- Revan
- Bastila.
- Carth.
- Malak.
- HK47.
- Kreia.
- Handmaiden.
- Atris
- Canderous and some mandaloriens
Etc

The Kotor videogames are the best candidates for lego sets from my point of view, except the movies, of course.

I would have to agree, but I don't think Lego would go for the capital ships from KOTOR if they ever decided to follow such a path--they need little sets to pique the interest of non-Star Wars nerds (who unfortunately exist). I think the cruisers would be awesome, though. Very Happy
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, would love to see more EU models, like a Z-95, V-Wing airspeeder, TIE defender, Outrider, Hound's Tooth, or IG 2000. Those would top the list for me. . .

As someone else already pointed out, I think the freighters are underrepresented, so I would love to see more freighter-class models. Also, I have always hoped for more capitals, like the Nebulon-B Frigate and rebel transport ship (ESB).
El Jefe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidcross wrote:
Here's an idea for a small EU set: how about those little conical mining ships Thrawn used to bore through capital ships' hulls?

This is a great Battle Pack idea, and it would give us some Spacetrooper Minifig's as well. I wouldn't mind a Dark Trooper Battle Pack, either.
Ewok In Disguise

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it would be a Skipray Blastboat w/ Mara Jade and Luke, and a Rebel AAC hovertank from Star wars battlefront II w/ some Rebel commandos! Very Happy
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't Darth Nihilius's ship be cool?

End creepy minifig faces!
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I know this isn't EU at all, but I didn't want to make a new thread for this.

I thought last night that it would actually be a really cool idea to make a SW Lego chess set. It wouldn't matter OT or CW, but we'd get a ton of schweet minifigs, especially grunts like clones or stormies or rebels or droids--I wouldn't really want this to play chess, but for the minis this would be awesome. Very Happy
RogueJedi007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for an Ebon Hawk! That would be fantastic!
El Jefe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a few more potentially cool EU Lego ideas:

X-1 Viper (Dark Empire)
Shadow Droid (Dark Empire)
Corran Horn's X-Wing (It's a green X-Wing and gets my fav EU character as a minifig)
Mace Windu's Jedi Interceptor (or Jedi Starfighter, whichever you prefer)
CloakShape Fighter
Sp1nK1n4Tor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a:

Sharp Spiral(Sasee tinns ship)

TIE Defender

Virago

Z-95 headhunter

and Jade Shadow
Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look up most of the suggested ships (gosh, that took a while). For those also unfamiliar with their shapes, here's a good index page on Wookieepedia, and a list of most of those mentioned in this thread:

Capital ships:

Medium-sized craft:

Starfighters:

Land vehicles:

For a vehicle to be a succesful LEGO model, does it need to be a recognizable design that already has a following? Or is it enough to be a cool shape? There are a lot of EU designs that are just ugly, IMHO, and should've stayed in the sketchbooks of Lucasfilm's concept artists.

Browsing through The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (1996 edition, so it's missing 12 years of EU additions) ... some of these descriptions just don't make sense. For the TIE-derived Scimitar assault bomber, "The [cockpit] extends ahead of the wings, giving the pilot and bomber superior visibility" although the canopy is the same flat dome as on every other TIE. Or the Nebulon Ranger (4000 BBY), which has a wing, ostensibly for aerodynamic lift, but it's mounted at 45° to the vertical.

Agree: I've liked the Skipray since I saw it in the late-80s West End RPG supplements. The Virago is a bunch of angles, but it has interesting play features. The E-Wing is attractive enought, but doesn't offer any new building techniques. The Sith Interceptor seems to have an interesting shape, plus folding wings. The Outrider has a nice, chunky shape, and its cockpit might be easier than the Falcon's.

Disagree: The K-Wing has too many dangly bits, in particular that bubble turret under the nose. The contours of Yuuzhan Vong organic technology would be tough to implement pleasingly, although maybe Bionicle elements could do it. Ditto for the teardrop curves of everything the Ssi-Ruuk fielded. The G-type shuttle is an interesting horseshoe shape (although mechanically silly).

My suggestions:

• The Stinger, a modified Surronian assault ship used by Xizor's operative Guri. It's curvy, has eight sublight engines, and is striped.
  • IG-88's IG-2000 (a modified Trilon Aggressor assault fighter), with its angular grasping shapes.
  • Hutt caravel. Curves and brown pieces and, since they're each customized, TLG could design one that suits the available pieces.
  • Sienar Immobilizer 418 Interdictor cruiser. Flatter than an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, with a flatter bridge, and four domes.
  • Hapan Star Home space-palace Starfish-shaped with palace buildings on top. Microscale, of course.
  • One of Palpatine's World Devastators. Okay, it's a big grey box with angled cylindrical legs. But since they varied in shape, TLG could design a box with an interesting shape, and include a bunch of microscale TIE/D droid fighters.

One anti-suggestion:

• The Chu'Unthor, an Old Republic mobile Jedi training academy ("praxeum ship"). As a bunch of irregularly-shaped stacked flat decks, it would be easy to build; but that flatness is ugly.
El Jefe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales of the Jedi was a good comic story with bad ship designs, IMO. I don't think I would want to see anything from that era in Lego form.

Judging from the reactions here, I think Lego is missing out on a gold mine if they don't eventually make the Ebon Hawk. The Skipray and Outrider seem to be getting a lot of love, too. Maybe we should get an "EU's most wanted" list together to send the Lego, and see if they can make any of these happen?
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebon Hawk.. I would definitely buy this set
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone happen to agree with my chess set idea? Razz
Thorne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browsed The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (color, 2003) and found a few more ships with interesting shapes and paint schemes:

1. Jango Fett's first ship, Jaster's Legacy. Looks like a 1930s flying boat, minus the tail, and with cartoonishly oversized engine nacelles. Tan, drab green, rust red. Has the advantage of being affiliated with a character who actually appeared in a movie.

2. Hell's Anvil, personal ship of the bounty hunter Montross (from the 2002 video game Star Wars: Bounty Hunter). Squarish contours, big cylindrical wingtip engine nacelles, red.

3. Jabitha, Anakin's custom Sekotan bioship (from the 2000 Greg Bear novel Rogue Planet). Flattened ovoid fuselage flanked by two nacelles, long narrow wing, green.

4. Inferno, of the Devaronian smuggler Vilmarh Grahrk (from a variety of comics starting 2000). Angular flying wing, purple and yellow.

5. Trade Federation Lucrehulk-variant droid control ship. Given its toroidal and spherical shapes, it'd probably have to be the size of existing Falcon sets to look good. But it has a bunch of interesting pylons aft, and dish antennas along its rim.

6. The Yuuzhan Vong grand cruiser Legacy of Torment. A series of interpenetrating clay-colored domes with numerous vertical spires. Actually, it wouldn't make a very good general-production set -- the spires would be too delicate, and it would need a very tall display base. But it would make a cool MOC at a convention.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't 5 in TPM?

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
H3D1

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly EU, but possibly the SPHA-T in Minifig scale!
Dr Zhivago

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad everyone's agreed on this.

Ebon Hawk all the way. Very Happy

Hopefully, it will make some sort of appearance in the Old Republic MMO and give Lego an excuse to male it.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H3D1 wrote:

Oo, love the idea! I've been waiting since I first played the Clone Wars video game (the original, movie-based one) to have a Sabre class TX-130 and SPHA-T. They've made the tank, so now the walker. Very Happy

They could only make me buy it though if it had at least a couple of clones.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of another one. What were those strange, 3-legged artillery walkers that were seen during the opening battle in the animated Clone Wars movie? Those would be pretty cool I think.
El Jefe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think youre either referring the the Republic Artillery Gun, or the Tri-Droid. The Tri-Droid showed up onscreen during the Mygeeto portion of the Order 66 sequence, and should definitely be made soon. As for the Gun, well if Lego can make Hyena Droids and Imperial Dropships that we've never seen before, I don't see why we can't get Artillery Guns.

I was thumbing through the new Lego catalog, and I thought "Why doesn't Lego make more SW playsets?" There's a LOT of EU playset potential out there, and they could even include some vehicles. How about a Beggar's Canyon playset with a SotE theme? We can get all the swoop designs in one set! Of course, we should worry about the movies (i.e. a REAL Cantina, a proper Echo Base, maybe the Jedi Temple) before we delve into EU as far as playsets go.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Jefe wrote:
I think youre either referring the the Republic Artillery Gun, or the Tri-Droid. The Tri-Droid showed up onscreen during the Mygeeto portion of the Order 66 sequence, and should definitely be made soon. As for the Gun, well if Lego can make Hyena Droids and Imperial Dropships that we've never seen before, I don't see why we can't get Artillery Guns.

I was thumbing through the new Lego catalog, and I thought "Why doesn't Lego make more SW playsets?" There's a LOT of EU playset potential out there, and they could even include some vehicles. How about a Beggar's Canyon playset with a SotE theme? We can get all the swoop designs in one set! Of course, we should worry about the movies (i.e. a REAL Cantina, a proper Echo Base, maybe the Jedi Temple) before we delve into EU as far as playsets go.

I was aiming at the Artillery Guns. Thanks for the reference. And I heard from a friend that there might be a Tri-Droid in the future...
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lego made the Ebon Hawk that would be a must by for me. A Clan Ordo camp on Dxun and I would praising the Lego Star Wars set designers. Unfortunately, I doubt either will happen. Lego only made sets from the Force Unleashed cause it was a new game. Unless KotOR III comes out, we wont be seeing a Darth Revan or T3-M4 anytime soon from the lego Company. Sad

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit_Fisto wrote:
If Lego made the Ebon Hawk that would be a must by for me. A Clan Ordo camp on Dxun and I would praising the Lego Star Wars set designers. Unfortunately, I doubt either will happen. Lego only made sets from the Force Unleashed cause it was a new game. Unless KotOR III comes out, we wont be seeing a Darth Revan or T3-M4 anytime soon from the lego Company. Sad

Well the KOTOR MMO is in development, we'll see Smile

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
H3D1 wrote:

Oo, love the idea! I've been waiting since I first played the Clone Wars video game (the original, movie-based one) to have a Sabre class TX-130 and SPHA-T. They've made the tank, so now the walker. Very Happy

SPHA-T Article on Wookiepedia wrote:
Some of these other variants deployed during the Clone Wars include the ion cannon (SPHA-I), anti-vehicle laser (SPHA-V), concussion missile (SPHA-C), and mass-driver models. Some of these model variations included 12 retractable antipersonnel blasters, necessitating an additional 10 gunners to the command crew of 15.

That's why I wanted minifig scale! Laughing
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H3D1 wrote:
The Brain wrote:
H3D1 wrote:

SPHA-T Article on Wookiepedia wrote:
Some of these other variants deployed during the Clone Wars include the ion cannon (SPHA-I), anti-vehicle laser (SPHA-V), concussion missile (SPHA-C), and mass-driver models. Some of these model variations included 12 retractable antipersonnel blasters, necessitating an additional 10 gunners to the command crew of 15.

That's why I wanted minifig scale! Laughing

Don't forget that it had a complement of 30 clone troopers to protect the SPHA's from infantry. But Lego would never throw us a bone that big. Very Happy
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
Well the KOTOR MMO is in development, we'll see Smile

I just hope it still has T3-M4 and the Ebon Hawk in it as both previous games did. Then that will put forward the slim, but certainly noticeable possibility of the lego sets coming out!

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
dewback trooper 13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with everyone else's ideas so far.

1. TIE Defender
2. Outrider
3. Assault gunboat
4. Missile Boat
5. Z -95 Headhunter (how has this not been released yet....)

I've been hooked on a lot of these ever since playing TIE fighter growing up and seeing some of the other crap that gets mass produced and/or 3 different releases, it's just frustrating. Maybe someday though...
darkrebellion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well personally I just have two vehicles from the EU that I really want the TLC to release. Those two are the next ones:

Outrider - $59.99 - SotE
I think this could really well fit as the biggest January set of the next year wave. This is maybe the most famous EU ship and the equivalent of the MF in this area. And amazing model that can be a good set. With three minifigs I will be happy especially if it comes with a new Dengar.

TIE Defender - $39.99 - EU
Another well-known EU vehicle. Maybe the best TIE ever designed in my opinion deserves a set incarnation. Maybe with two Imperial Engeenery Employees and a TIE Pilot would be perfect.

Personally, I don´t want EU sets as big as a $100 set. I think such a big set doesn´t deserves an EU choice. And in my opinion the EU sets realeased by the TLC must not pass the $70 price tag Very Happy .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: