FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What EU vehicles would you like to see Lego release?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Jefe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: What EU vehicles would you like to see Lego release? Reply with quote

I gotta admit, I'm a big fan of the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I actually got sucked into Star Wars by the Shadows of the Empire multimedia project in '96. And ever since Lego Star Wars started, I've wondered when/if Lego will make official EU sets. It's been nearly 10 years, and we've gotten a TIE/D Fighter and TIE Crawler, both from the Dark Empire comics, as well as all the Clone Wars stuff lately, and the Rogue Shadow. However, the comics, books, and video games from before this Clone Wars project saw many great ship designs that I would like to see in official Lego form. Here's a few ships I would like to see, and why:

Z-95 Headhunter - We've seen the X-Wing released three times now. I think predecessor the that iconic ship would do quite well at retail, instead of another X-Wing redesign, simply because it looks like a ship that is recognizable to the mainstream. Plus, it could probably be done cheaper than an X-Wing, perhaps $30-$40. Top it off with a Mara Jade and maybe a Talon Karrde minifig.

TIE Defender - This set was rumored last year, and I think it's gold mine waiting to happen. It's bigger and bulkier than the other TIEs, and if done properly, would have undeniable swoosh factor. This would be another $30-$40 set, and just flat out looks great.

AT-PT - I know you could almost call the first AT-ST set an AT-PT, but I just want to see this walker because I love the leg design. Plus, it would be a great way to possibly get a Grand Admiral Thrawn minifig (Hey, I can dream). If not, then this could make a good battle pack. $10 is just right for this one.

Coralskipper - It's lumpy, it's purple(ish), and it would be the perfect excuse for a Yuuzhan Vong Minifig. It would probably be a $40 set if done right. I really liked the New Jedi Order, and this ship is that series's most iconic vessel.

Outrider - The Star Destroyer's alternate build would be beyond awesome if Lego really committed to it. Add in a Dash, Leebo, and maybe a Bothan minifig and you're set. This would be a big one, though. I'd say $90-$100.

Virago - Another SOTE set, this one's design is very unique, and I think it would catch a lot of kids' attentions.I think this set could work at $20, but it may have to be bumped to $30 to get the proper detail. This would also be a great place to get a Xizor and Guri Minifig.

Ebon Hawk - If Lego can make Rogue Shadow, then they can definitely make this KotOR icon. This set would have to be $90-$100 done right, and it has to include Revan, Bastila, HK-47, T3-M4, and Malak, at least. There are a LOT of KotOR fans out there that would pounce on this opportunity.

Manta Droid Subfighter - This one screams $10 battle pack. I think Lego missed the boat when the Clone Wars mini-cartoons came out. There were a couple money designs that they could have taken advantage of, and I think this one tops that list. Lego has since made the V-19 Torrent and the IG Speeder Bike, but a Manta Droid with SCUBA Troopers would be a hot seller still, I think.

V-Wing Airspeeder - If Lego gets the itch to make another snowspeeder, they should table the idea and make this instead. For a similar $20 price tag, we could get a new airspeeder with the same swoosh factor. I remember flying around in one of these on one of the Rogue Squadron N64 games and just loving it.

Chiss Clawcraft, K-Wing, Skipray Blastboat - Ever since I saw the MOCs posted in the Customs page, I've wanted to see Lego make these ships. The Chiss Craft would be a solid $20 set. The K-wing would probably be best at $50, and the Skipray would probably be good at $70, but detailed best at $90-$100.

Got any other suggestions? Let us hear 'em!

Last edited by El Jefe on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are other threads out there that cover this same sort of subject, but dangit, this one is verbose, well written, and thought-out, so it may live...

Two come to my mind, as I should be preparing to go to work... the E-Wing and the Stealth-X. The EU is a wonderful excuse for some creative building and great minifigs, and a Jedi ship and the main republic fighter are no exception.
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the Outrider because it's one of the only EU vehicles I know. I would also like Anakin's blue CW Jedi Starfighter.

End creepy minifig faces!
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have also gotten the Imperial Landing Craft and T-16, which might as well be EU because they get a lot more attention outside the movies. Not to mention the recent Clone Wars sets, which thanks to the new series have become canon (I guess?) like the TX-130 and V-19. That has really helped get some awesome CW stuff released.

Wow, all my favorite EU ships have already been covered. Outrider, Anakin's custom JSF, Tie Defender, AT-PT, Virago, Ebon Hawk, and the real V-Wing are all ships I'd like to have.

Adding to the list, I'd go for a Sith fighter from KOTOR, along with the Hammerhead-class cruiser, G-type light shuttle, or S-250 Chela-class starfighter (though most are very unlikely.)
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough to make EU sets and sell them as a mass produced Lego set. Many people have never heard of the ships you listed above. Unless the ships have been shown on TV (V-19) or are part of a recent video game promotion (Rouge Shadow), it won't sell more than a few thousand units.
So that narrows the list by quite a bit.
Sets that I'd like to see produced include Anakin's blue jedi starfighter, Assajj Ventres' sail fighter, and the Octupara droid.
However, there is no reason Lego couldn't do a Lego Factory exclusive of the more famous comic or video game sets (like the recent space sets: star justice and space skulls). But since I'm not much of an EU fan, the only ships I know are the ones you've listed above along with some of the MOCs done by the members here. Special orders would be the only way Lego could make money off a small volume set. So expect higher price tags for what you want. Smile
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see is The Outrider. (and really any other Shadows of the Empire ship) and also the Tie Mauler.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
We have also gotten the Imperial Landing Craft and T-16, which might as well be EU because they get a lot more attention outside the movies.

Yes, I never understood the T-16 set, not having been at all into the EU at the time.

End creepy minifig faces!
Shinzon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebon Hawk for sure.. open-able style..

big fan of KOTR
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything where a Thrawn Minifig is included.

BTW, there was already a kind of Outrider - the alternate build of the Minifig ISD. Lego even offered instructions to download.

FlickrBrickshelf
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but there was no Dash figure included in the alternative build Wink

Plus I can't say I'm a huge fan of that model. I think Lego could do a better job with it.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZOMBIE Snaaaake?!
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly would go for (from the New Clone Wars) that super awesome podhunter/landing ship/boarding ship with droid commandos. Also, I would enjoy something like a TIE stealth, E-Wing, Real V-wing and at last, The Moldy Crow, with Kyle Katarn and Wee gee. Think I am done.

Oh yeah, Outrider, Tie mauler, a Super Star Destroyer, and... yeah. Cool

Also Known As snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?! on eurobricks
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinzon wrote:
Ebon Hawk for sure.. open-able style..

Dear god yes. Please, LEGO, please.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the Outrider and the Ebon Hawk, would love to have both of those Very Happy Lando's yacht The Lady Luck would be a interesting set to see too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually enjoy the EU more than the films! (Blasphemy, I know.)

Anyway, the one thing I've love to see over all else? Outbound Flight. Imagine if it was UCS-sized. Wink

Brickshelf
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the T-19 isn't technically EU, only the pilot is. The T-19 appears, ever so briefly, when Luke is in his room on Tat... except it's a model he's swooshing it around. Same with the landing craft, though it was added in the Special Edition, and given just about as much screen time.

And I think the whole thing with the TIE Crawler would defeat the "move too few of units" argument. It was a high demand set, despite not being seen anywhere except a fan's nightmare...
legorevolution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd like to see some more stuff from The Force Unleashed series. There's so much you can expand upon from it. The Rogue Shadow was a decent set but the minifigs was why I bought it. Perhaps we could get some set that takes place inside the death star or something- but then we already get that with the $400 set.
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
Actually, the T-16 isn't technically EU, only the pilot is.

Is he? I have a theory that this is Luke Skywalker with googles.
The mouth and chin look a bit similar to the other Lego Luke Minifigs.

FlickrBrickshelf
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has pretty much covered the sets I'd like to see, but I'll still include the list Wink . Personally, I'd like to see the following:

1. Outrider
2. Ebon Hawk
3. Tie Avenger
4. Z-95 Headhunter
Cei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Wing. It's in the comics!

TIE Defender, plus it looks like a TIE so people won't be confused by it

Skipray Blastboat - yeah alright, I just want a large fighter!

Wilde Karrde - Freighters just don't get the love Sad[/quote]
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many EU ships I would love to see made, the few I would absolutely pay money for have already been mentioned.

The Ebon Hawk, make it big, make it strong, give it an interior, give it the whole crowd Revan, Bastilla, T3, HK, Carth, Jolee, et all.
Maybe a Sith Fighter with a Mandalorian and possibly Malak.

The Moldy Crow, it'd be the best with Kyle, Jan and maybe Mara Jade.

A Gunboat would be fantastic.

The Outrider, and anything else from SOTE.

The Otana would be interesting, but I'm not sure TLC could pull it off as well as other sets.

Z95 would be an instant buy, I love that ship.

And I'm sure a few others that haven't instantly sprung to mind.
Tyrant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ebon Hawk would be a great set. As others have said, including as many KotoR figures as possible would be mandatory.

The Sith Fighters with Sith troopers would be good as the odds of army builder sets for the Old Republic era are pretty slim I would imagine.

A Basilisk War Droid with Mandalorians (and maybe Canderous) would be nice as well.

If you're talking sets in general, a set featuring the Krayt Dragon cave and the bounty hunter you encounter in KotoR would make a great set.

The cloakable Tie Phantom could be an interesting design and likely not as expensive as the Tie Defender. There are a long list of possible Tie varients that would make interesting sets.

The T3-B Heavy Attack Tank would make a nice rebel ground vehicle. It would give us a tracked vehicle so that not every vehicle is a hover vehicle. A heavy tank would also be a nice change of pace over transport speeders. Likewise the T4-B would be nice.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been terribly impressed by the EU stuff, though I've only read a few of the novels. That said, a Z-95 would be pretty cool since that thing is so generally excepted as the forerunner to the X-Wing, it's practically canon. It's implied by several sources that Headhunters are still in use by pirates and ill-funded system defense forces even up to the Galactic Civil War, so there is a lot of potential there for imaginative play if LEGO and Lucasfilm spin it just right.

I did enjoy the KOTOR games, so an Ebon Hawk would be pretty cool as well.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHMIGOD OHMIGOD OHMIGOD!!!

Ebon Hawk all the way! I've played through both KOTORs like, 5 times each, ooo, I would grab an Ebon Hawk in an instant!!!

On the topic of KOTOR sets, why not make bp from that strain? I could see the potential in some Republic and Sith soldiers duking it out--what armor is better than the Sith soldier armor? I challenge anyone to come up with a better outfit.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
I challenge anyone to come up with a better outfit.

Boom!
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
The Brain wrote:

Boom!

And we have a winner Wink

DeviantART|Brickshelf
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
The Brain wrote:

Boom!

I stand corrected... Wink

Unfortunately the terror factor is diminished, but nonetheless.
El Jefe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I was able to start a topic that got people talking.

I would like to second whoever said they would like to see an E-Wing. I don't know how I missed that one. A few other honorable mentions:

Stinger (SOTE)
Scimitar Assault Bomber (Thrawn Trilogy)
XP-38 Landspeeder
Battle of Muunilinst (Obi-Wan and Clone Lancer Vs. Durge and IG Lancer)
Republic Carrier (Clone Wars Micro-Series)
Inferno (An excuse to get a Quinlan Vos minifig)
Predator Starfighter (Legacy)
Scarab Droid (Jedi Starfighter Video Game)
MT-AT (Jedi Academy Trilogy)

My mind is getting a bit too carried away with this...
tux

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebon Hawk all the way.LEGO, give us some KOTOR!

Outrider and maybe Hammerhead-class would be good choices too.
MingoDave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full-size Skyhopper does make a brief appearance in the Special Edition (maybe two, come to think of it). The first appearance is in the background when Luke is cleaning the droids; it's parked in the "garage" and the cockpit area is visible. The second is during the celebration montage at the end of Jedi- I believe (although I may be incorrect) that a skyhopper flies over a celebrating Mos Eisley.

Darth's Daddy wrote:
Many people have never heard of the ships you listed above.

One thing to consider here is the power of marketing over time. Sure, the canonical ships and vehicles have the most recognition (with the designs of the Falcon, TIE Fighter, X-Wing, and so on over 30 years old), but the various products released in the last 10-15 years have introduced a lot of new crafts to the public. Lines like Action Fleet and Micro Machines have given people- in mass markets- an introduction to vehicles that might not have breached the public consciousness otherwise.

With that in mind, these are the ones I'd like to see (and that have some level of pre-existing recognition):
E-Wing (appeared in comics, sourcebooks, and Action Fleet)
TIE Defender (appeared in comics, the CCG, Action Fleet, video games, and sourcebooks)
Outrider (appeared in books, comics, sourcebooks, video games, CCG, and in Special Edition)
Lars' Landspeeder (not EU, but not yet released)
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Draykov wrote:
The Brain wrote:

Boom!

I stand corrected... Wink

Unfortunately the terror factor is diminished...

For you, maybe. Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: