FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Santa's Sandcrawler Workshop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Santa's Sandcrawler Workshop Reply with quote

Santa's Sandcrawler Workshop
The Jawas decide to do a little gift-giving this year, with the help of Santa-Jawa.

In the upper corner you can see an ASP droid adding a new broomstick to the pile of gifts. Also, although the scene is split, you can see a Treadwell droid constructing a stuffed monkey. And the Gonk droid is there, being useless. In the bottom floor, Santa-Jawa and his helper relax in front of the fireplace while Mrs. Jawa-Clause prepares him a warm cookie from her kitchen. A tree also sits there, with presents underneath. After all, even Santa and his helpers need a few gifts themselves! Wink

I refrained from making the exterior red/green/white, because I lack the proper bricks to do so, so I opted for a more "Christmas at your grandma's house" sort of feel toward it. I also didn't have any garland strands to hang around, so the tree stuff was my best alternative.

Yes, the pictures are sort of smudgy because I had to use a different camera. Other than that, they turned out pretty well.

I intend on uploading more detailed pics of the interior, I had to rush to get these two into the submission thread.

So, any comments, criticism, ostrasizing, or whatever?
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could look a little more Christmas-y in my opinion, especially the interior. Try adding decorations like you've done on the outside. Besides that, this is good. I think it's awesome that it opens to reveal the inside. I also love the chimney.

Overall, nice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jayfo. This is a wonderful idea, but it could use some more details. As it is, it looks more castle than Christmas. Just find ways to add red. The sandcrawler itself is very nice.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as last two posts. It's a good idea, just could have been done better. Not to sound mean. Looks kinda rushed in my opinion. Theres alot of spots that could use more details and definatly more of a christmasy feel to it. I'm not saying it's bad, it just doesnt feel complete to me.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, and no, you're not being mean. I'll admit, I'm not very good at making Holiday decorations, so I tried to improve that in this update. I didn't add too many decorations, but I added some other things which livened up the place:

New additions include the Gonk droid, R1, C-3PO, two more Jawa-helpers, as well as some more gifts and new poses for the figures.

(Dangit, I need to clean that danged camera lense..)
roguebantha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! I really like the way it opens up.
The second version definatley looks a bit more Christmasified.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah agreed. The new additions work well. Still needs more work obviously, but your going in the right direction. I think the main thing is colours right now. There is alot of grey and black. Which are definatly not very christmasy. I know you said your not good with making decorations, but thats the main thing this is missing in my opinion. As they always say; Practise makes perfect Wink

DeviantART|Brickshelf
NecronCommander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the biggest thing I see is a lack of detail on the insides. Adding LOTS of greeblies would really help.
Otherwise, it's looking good.
ZOMBIE Snaaaake?!
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea: try sticking some gifts on the outside.

It looks great, but little things like that make it more christmasafied.

Also Known As snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?! on eurobricks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: