FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horrible ideas turning out to be good ones

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Horrible ideas turning out to be good ones Reply with quote

Well, I did a search and found no thread like this (although it might be only because my poor search skills Razz)..

Anyways, this is meant to be a thread for anyone to tell about ideas that in the beginning seem to be bad or horrible, but in the end turn out to be fairly good, even fantastic.
All kind of ideas are welcome (as far as I'm concerned, anyway), as they can serve as amusement or even advice to other members.

I shall begin, with my little experience from last week. Be warned; it's quite minor and pretty lame, but I found it entertaining at the time and worth sharing.
Last Saturday I was, as usual, lifting some weights with my brother. We don't have any special diet for weight-lifting, so our elder sister decided to buy us (mainly to my brother, though) some dark soya to grow muscles with. Well, while my brother mixed the soya with yoghurt, I decided to try an idea I had got some time earlier: an (unserious) idea of a superb protein compound. I broke two raw eggs into a cup, where I also planned to add the soya, and mixed them well with a fork, as my two sisters and brother watched me with the "you're gonna eat them raw?" look on their faces. My mother had said earlier that raw eggs are generally mixed with orange juice to create a drink, so I looked into our fridge to find some. There was - to my dissappointment - no orange juice, but there was a pack of one drink.. Mulled wine (or glögi as we call it). With a grin on my face I began to pour it into the cup with eggs and added the soya.
As my siblings saw this, they began saying "What are you doing?", "Eww, that's awful!", "You will have to drink that yourself, you know" and even "I want to see your face as you drink it". I looked at the ready drink, which was pretty much mustard-yellow and slimy-looking, with bits of soya floting in it, and prepared myself for drinking it. As my siblings gazed at me intensely, I tasted a mouthful of it, waiting for a horrible flavour.
But no. It tasted actually good, quite a bit like gingerbread. I said this out loud and - naturally - my siblings wanted to taste it, too. Also they were surprised by the good flavour. I drank the drink, happy for the success of my experiment.

So there you have it. I couldn't myself have imagined that a mix of raw eggs, glögi and soya could taste good, but so it did (although now afterwards thought the result doesn't seem so extraordinary anymore). Why I even tried the combination, I'm not sure. I blame my father; playing with food and mixing it is a charasteristic I've inherited from him.

That was my little story. What's yours?
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we include examples of ideas that Sounded good, but turned out horribly wrong? Razz

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Actually, they might provide with even more entertainment.

So, if you got them, be my guest. Wink
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing Scrabble with my family last night and I had to go first. The only word I could come up with was "toe". We all thought the game was doomed, but somehow we managed to use every letter and spread all around the board!

Will? Mr. Smith? I'VE BEEN DESTROYED!!!!
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little public service advisory... we haven't really relaxed on our "No more What is your.." or the like. This seems like a decent thread, but I've seen a whole ton of these appear in the last few weeks. I know, people on vacation and bored, but contribute to existing threads before deluging us with new ones.
Vidzombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for some Dr. Horrible news in this thread, drat.

Flickr

Last edited by conan on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
Can we include examples of ideas that Sounded good, but turned out horribly wrong? Razz

I have there an example:
I thought it was a very good idea, getting Oscar Ads about the Dark Knight from Ebay. For $5 each plus shipping.
Till I got them and realised that it was just loose 21cmx29cm pages from the Hollywood Reporter Magazine.

FlickrBrickshelf
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea that went horribly wrong:

Replacing a broken piece of hardware in my computer with a identical part, I figure what can go wrong? While replacing the part, I accidentally zapped my hard drive and killed it. That brought me a headache for nearly a month trying to get it all fixed up Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: