FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else think new Battle Packs are lame?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Anyone else think new Battle Packs are lame? Reply with quote

I was disappointed to find out a few weeks back that the upcoming battle packs were going to be (more) clones and generic "assassin" droids. I haven't kept up with all the Clone Wars hooplah, so maybe they're derived from that. But since we only get 2 battle packs a year, I was hoping they would expand into some other areas. Several months ago, there was a thread where people pitched their ideas and desires. . . seems to me it would have cooler to get a wookie pack, endor trooper pack, snowtrooper pack, jawa pack, bespin pack, or the like. Did anyone else have these high hopes?

Not to mention that now I'm hearing the new clone packs don't have a pilot, nor does the Gunship? What the heck, LEGO?
Thunder-Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have this tread you know... Wink
Zombie Bizzle
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I don't think they are lame. I think they are an easy way to get more Ep. 2 clones. And random parts that we can use for random things.
ricefields

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the clone trooper battle pack is lame but have to think that the assassin droids are though. Lego should have kept that unique for the death star set, but its so cheap to make and easy to mass produce like the battle droids.

I am not dissapointed that there is no clone pilot because those are already showing up in the v19 torrent (2008) and republic attack ship (2009). Do we need more sets with pilots...no...it should be the clone infantry and a unique clone leader which they have provided for army building.

I bought some extra pilots off ebay for the purpose of putting them into the republic gunship but with the v19 so cheap now at 25% off, one can buy the set, keep the pilot and sell of the rest on ebay. Either way you may end up paying about $10-15 per pilot.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else think new Battle Packs are lame? Reply with quote

MrCRskater wrote:
I was disappointed to find out a few weeks back that the upcoming battle packs were going to be (more) clones and generic "assassin" droids. I haven't kept up with all the Clone Wars hooplah, so maybe they're derived from that.

Generic Assassin Droids? Don't you realize that we've only gotten two ever released before, in $50 and $500 sets?? I for one am satisfied with the prospect of having unique and affordable new minifigures.
And the Clones...Everyone loves them! Hey, I'll bet even Donsolo buys one! Ok a 50-50 chance... But we get a new minifigure in them it's an affordable release of the highest bulk sought after minifigure currently.

Quote:
it would have cooler to get a wookie pack, endor trooper pack, snowtrooper pack, jawa pack, bespin pack, or the like. Did anyone else have these high hopes?

In a battlepack? Be realistic for current shows - What now on cartoon network, or anywhere else, has wookiees, endor troopers, snowtroopers, jawas, or bespins? Wink

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunder-blade wrote:
We do have this tread you know... Wink
QFT. We only need one thread for this thought.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: