FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas Giveaway!!! 3 free minifigs!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavriel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Christmas Giveaway!!! 3 free minifigs!! Reply with quote

Hi. I didn't see a Christmas giveaway thread this year, so I figured I would start one. [POST CONTENT REMOVED BY COUNT BLOCKULA -- SEE REPLY BELOW AT BOTTOM OF THREAD] I hope I am allowed to post this and that I posted in the correct place. Good luck!
Count Blockula
Undead Undead Vampire Zombieraiser

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Christmas Giveaway!!! 3 free minifigs!! Reply with quote

mavriel wrote:
I hope I am allowed to post this and that I posted in the correct place.

The right thing to do would have been to contact a member of the staff and check first, if you were unsure, instead of just making the post and allowing people to start participating before you even knew if we allow this sort of thing. That's not fair to the staff and most definitely not fair to the mambers of the community.

I'm shutting this down.

I'm making a ruling. To me and the rest of the staff that I've talked with, this seems merely like an attempt to get people to check out your ebay auctions. It's advertising, and we don't allow that. If you wanna give something away for free, just do it. But, if you wanna make people work for it, they gotta do the work here, on FBTB. Make it a building contest, or make them answer some Star Wars trivia or something. Those are just examples. But, do it here. I'm not going to allow a giveaway that takes forum members to an outside site to qualify, and also requires them to use our PM system to contact you directly, thus making this something that totally bypasses the eyes and hands of the staff. There's too much potential for fraud and frustration -- I'm not saying that is your intention, but you must understand my responsibility to the community and their safety.

To the members that have already contacted mavriel via PM: continue your dealings with this member if you so choose, but do so at your own risk. But, if you do so, realize you are doing so despite my strong warnings against. The offer made in this thread is not approved by FBTB, and it should not be further discussed here. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: