FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twas the Night Before the Battle

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HermitSinister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Twas the Night Before the Battle Reply with quote

Twas the Night Before Battle

Twas the night before the battle and all through the town, not a separatist was stirring and the energy shield was down.
The empty supply crates were stacked by the fires with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas would soon would be there.
The soldiers were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of fallen Jedi danced in their heads.
And the captain in his helmet and I in my hood, wanted tomorrow's plan to succeed but weren't sure if it would.
When from the town square, there arose such a clatter. We radioed the lookouts to see what was the matter.
"Sir, an unidentified transport has appeared", the radio cracked, "It appears to be some sort of troop carrier. Should we attack?"
Looking through the rangefinder to determine what should be deployed, I noticed this transport was being pulled by droids!
With a little old driver who was so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick!
"Stand down," I ordered with a shout and a wave, "Stand down you fools, we may be saved!"
His festive looking transport was filled to the max, with enough blasters and supplies to fill thousands of packs!
He danced about the camp filling each crate to near overflow, looking very jolly in his red suit and beard white as snow.
When he was finished, he quickly hopped in his ship; "Roger, Roger," said the droids at the crack of his whip.
We heard him exclaim as they lifted off out of sight, "May tomorrow bring victory or this will be your last night!"

[/img]

Last edited by HermitSinister on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duckman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be a grinch myself, but this might actually look more striking if they weren't 'hover-flying'so to speak.... and just rather marching, pulling the fatman.

Fully Brick Models Ebay

Fully Brick Models Bricklink
HermitSinister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duckman wrote:
I don't mean to be a grinch myself, but this might actually look more striking if they weren't 'hover-flying'so to speak.... and just rather marching, pulling the fatman.

Thanks for the input, might give that a try. I had intended it to look like they were taking off from the ground, headed up into the sky. However, since I was unable to really add any tilt to troop carrier it didn't quite come across as strong as I would have liked.
blackninjatom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can put the droids in the flying pose. Also nicely done poem.
JackFrZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but isn't it supposed to resemble a Star Wars Ship? Unless you're not entering.
monsterbrick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was going to mention you are about to get a flood of emails saying "That is not a Star Wars ship".
HermitSinister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's based off the Trade Federation troop carrier seen in the EP1-3, although it certainly isn't exact by any means. The sled part started as the one that comes with 7654 and was altered to be droid drawn and "christmasified."

I have no problem if it is ruled ineligible for submission. I'm a Lego newb and this contest was good motivation/inspiration to try posting something I'd built and get some feedback.
Mastergongfu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HermitSinister wrote:
It's based off the Trade Federation troop carrier seen in the EP1-3, although it certainly isn't exact by any means. The sled part started as the one that comes with 7654 and was altered to be droid drawn and "christmasified."

I have no problem if it is ruled ineligible for submission. I'm a Lego newb and this contest was good motivation/inspiration to try posting something I'd built and get some feedback.

I did not notice that before you said so. But it does indeed resemble the troop carrier. Overall I think it looks nice and well done. Although I am sure many others are likely to take the sled route.

For being a selfproclaimed "newb" your not to shabby with your technuiqes. Keep on building like this and improving on your design and your bound to get very good.
monsterbrick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry me bad....you know Star Wars pretty well. Great poem by the way....I tried and it was not easy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: