FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lego Count Dooku's Solar Sailer 7752 set in Lego 2009 Cat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remake it, but with pink brick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:
Remake it, but with pink brick.

Are you Joking??? Laughing
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not. I never joke on the internet. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I agree with that for sure. I haven't dived in yet on changes, but I know the cockpit and tail will be where I start. If you start tinkering , I'd love to see what you come up with. I'll let you know if I beat you to it!
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,
with interiors like this! what we can do??? Exclamation
You have not any part or pices at wich you can attach any sort of floor or chair fo pilot or passengers!
This is driving me crazy! Twisted Evil

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AdmiralGrievous/MOC/STARWARS/p1020696.jpg

edited by Chief: excessive image(s) converted to links, as per the FBTB FAQs
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the droid fit in normally?

The set looks very solid - you may want to first experiment with the overall structure and make it wider/higher.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
kevblee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some ideas....but won't be able to mess with it for a couple of nights most likely. I plan to make the cockpit a 2 seater as it should be. I've also got an idea about putting a floor in the back...will have to see if my idea works!
AdmiralGrievous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modded it! Cool
See my messge on this topic of Lego MOC :
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=28844
El Jefe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked this up today at TRU in Vineland, NJ. I was very surprised to see it, and once I got my car checked out and realized that I don't have to fix or replace anything, I went ahead and got it.

The set itself is actually pretty good. The Flitknot Speeder fits inside the set just fine, and the new pilot droid actually works. The Dooku minifig is better than expected, and we get a chrome saber hilt. I guess Lego wants to make good use of their MagnaGuard heads, but it's great for army builders to have two more of them. The set is also bigger than initial pics led me to believe, which is another plus. Many people are complaining about the interior, but it's a bit easier for the kids to play with the set by parking a speeder in it than having a "supercomputer library" holding the set together when the exterior does the job just fine. My only real gripes with this set is the price. $60 for a set with 385 pieces is way too much. This set should have been $40. Also, something should be fully enclosing the back of the set, but otherwise, it's a good set, maybe a 7 out of 10.

As for the lack of sail, I'm hoping that the Clone Wars cartoons explain why it's not there. Maybe one of the Jedi try to sabotage the ship by cutting the sail off, and Dooku installs a more common hyperdrive afterward?
dewback trooper 13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with El Jefe...........The set is pretty solid and bigger than it looks, but $60 for it was a little steep. Granted it is at tru, which usually is a bit more expensive, but I was expecting $45 due to the size and brick count.
El Jefe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The set also has the dubious "Limited Edition" sticker on the box, aka, Lego's excuse to charge $10-$20 more than they should. Seriously, I don't get that. The Droid Gunship was $30 at Wal-Mart and had only about 50 fewer pieces. Makes no sense to me. Then again, Ahsoka's Fighter has 291 pieces and is selling for $40, and the Spider droid sells for $30 ($35 at TRU) and only has 205 pieces, and both are marked as limited edition. I'm tempted to call shenanegans, but the aforementioned Driod Gunship, Hyena Droid, and Republic Shuttle all give us prices at less than $.10 a brick. So I guess it's not all bad. Oh well, I'm caught up with the retail sets. Now I can catch up on bills and try to save up for the Death Star and/or UCS Falcon.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm somewhat of a completist, so therefore I must kick myself in the face if I don't get it. However, I like the design and the minifigs, just not the interior and the price. Seriously, what if the new pilot, the two rare MagnaGuards, the first fleshie Dooku and the limited edition status could all combine for TLG's reasoning for raising the price.
bigj22

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Jefe wrote:
The set also has the dubious "Limited Edition" sticker on the box, aka, Lego's excuse to charge $10-$20 more than they should. Seriously, I don't get that. The Droid Gunship was $30 at Wal-Mart and had only about 50 fewer pieces. Makes no sense to me. Then again, Ahsoka's Fighter has 291 pieces and is selling for $40, and the Spider droid sells for $30 ($35 at TRU) and only has 205 pieces, and both are marked as limited edition. I'm tempted to call shenanegans, but the aforementioned Driod Gunship, Hyena Droid, and Republic Shuttle all give us prices at less than $.10 a brick. So I guess it's not all bad. Oh well, I'm caught up with the retail sets. Now I can catch up on bills and try to save up for the Death Star and/or UCS Falcon.

To be very polite here. All I ever seem to read about with the new sets are " Prices are too high for this set " Simply put: Look at the economy ( at least in the US ) It's not much of a surprise they are increasing the price. After all, they are Legos. And the last I checked, Legos were never cheap to begin with. If you feel they are too high, don't buy. I'de rather read something useful or interesting about the product instead of how high the price is. It's getting old already. Sorry to vent here. Just my opinion. Rolling Eyes
DekeStarkiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this thing available at the LEGO stores yet?
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deke: Check in the B/S/T/F section and see. Smile

Anywho, I think that once this hits LEGO's website, it'll drop $10, like the Hoth set or Dwarves' Mine did. But, that has probably been mentioned, plus knowing that TRU is a bit more expensive is common LEGO knowledge.

As for the set: When the flaps are down, the ship has a nice Ep. II design/feel. I'm starting to really like it. The sheer size is much bigger than I assumed, and the bubble pieces are neato. The Dooku minifig looks less ugle every time I see it, also.
ufjason

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get it at tru online now. They sometimes have good coupons that could bring the price down a bit.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3245135
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:
To be very polite here. All I ever seem to read about with the new sets are " Prices are too high for this set " Simply put: Look at the economy ( at least in the US ) It's not much of a surprise they are increasing the price. After all, they are Legos. And the last I checked, Legos were never cheap to begin with. If you feel they are too high, don't buy. I'de rather read something useful or interesting about the product instead of how high the price is. It's getting old already. Sorry to vent here. Just my opinion. Rolling Eyes

First of all, I'm sorry, but the state of the global economy has absolutely NOTHING to do here with a price increase. In fact, when there is a recession, prices for goods should actually stay the same or drop.

When demand and retails sales decrease (like it's the case right now), companies will often lower their prices (and their margin of profits) to keep their production going (or, at least, until they can adjust their production rate to the lower demand). It's business 101.

Second, do you see anybody here complaining about the price of the UCS Millenium Falcon, of the Death Star playset, or the RGS? No. And why? Because people know that for those LEGO sets (and like you said, LEGO sets aren't cheap to start with), they are getting a good deal for their money. But in the case of the Solar Sailer set, many people here think that, for 60 $, they are not getting their money's worth.

Now, maybe you are fortunate enough to be able to buy the sets that you want without counting your money, but many of us here don't. So if we, AFOLs and TFOLs on a budget, want to vent out our frustration about the price point of this set on this forum, unless Ace, Ry or any other admin says so, it's our fair right. Also, apart from not buying the set, it's also one of the ways to let LEGO know we're not happy about the price of that set.

You think it's a fair price for that set? OK, just buy the set and say why you think the price is fair. But don't deny the right of other people's opinions on that matter.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mshiels

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a really insane price for this set on www.starwarsshop.com

LEGO Solar Sailor

Count Dooku is on the move!

Ships Feb 2009

Our Price: $94.99

WOW, OUCH!, DOUBLE OUCH!!
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mshiels wrote:
Just saw a really insane price for this set on www.starwarsshop.com

LEGO Solar Sailor

Count Dooku is on the move!

Ships Feb 2009

Our Price: $94.99

WOW, OUCH!, DOUBLE OUCH!!

Here is the direct link for that item.

And I agree : DOUBLE OUCH!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bigj22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazombie wrote:
bigj22 wrote:

First of all, I'm sorry, but the state of the global economy has absolutely NOTHING to do here with a price increase. In fact, when there is a recession, prices for goods should actually stay the same or drop.

When demand and retails sales decrease (like it's the case right now), companies will often lower their prices (and their margin of profits) to keep their production going (or, at least, until they can adjust their production rate to the lower demand). It's business 101.

Second, do you see anybody here complaining about the price of the UCS Millenium Falcon, of the Death Star playset, or the RGS? No. And why? Because people know that for those LEGO sets (and like you said, LEGO sets aren't cheap to start with), they are getting a good deal for their money. But in the case of the Solar Sailer set, many people here think that, for 60 $, they are not getting their money's worth.

Now, maybe you are fortunate enough to be able to buy the sets that you want without counting your money, but many of us here don't. So if we, AFOLs and TFOLs on a budget, want to vent out our frustration about the price point of this set on this forum, unless Ace, Ry or any other admin says so, it's our fair right. Also, apart from not buying the set, it's also one of the ways to let LEGO know we're not happy about the price of that set.

You think it's a fair price for that set? OK, just buy the set and say why you think the price is fair. But don't deny the right of other people's opinions on that matter.

I wont make this into a pissing match but your missing my point here. 1. I live in the States and I can tell you 100% the economy has a lot to do with thr price increase. Everything in the States has gone up due to gas prices and other things. 2. If you think Lego is going to lower their price then your wrong. Somebody out there will pay that price. They wont give them away just cause people can't afford them too. I do count my money and yes, it does get expensive when purchasing these sets but you will never hear me complain about how much it costs. I know LEGO looks at this site and values it as well, but just because 400+ members ( or however many ) say they are too high doesn't mean they're going to lower them for everyone. I'm sure they respect our opinions but I really don't think when it comes to pricing , that they really care what we say. Anyways, back to what I was saying before, I know this site you're allowed to voice your opinion but it seems like 75% or more complain about the costs ( every set literally ) It would be nice to simply read a post about information and ideas about the set instead of hearing" prices too high for 350 pieces!!!) thats .21 per piece. Ridiculous!!! Come on now. This is a great site!! I appologize for voicing my opinion if it affends you.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for US price:

On UK shop at home, it is the same price as the AAT. The AAT is $50. Hopefully this will hold up. (I check the UK S@H for price approximations on unreleased sets.)
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:
I appologize for voicing my opinion if it affends you.

It's not your opinion that's offensive. It's the presentation thereof.

'Course, Daz is being a bit of a dick about this too, so I'll just toss a ruler down between the two of you and let you get the sizing up over with so we can get back to discussing what a disappointment this set is considering the source material and the price tag. Razz
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigj22 wrote:
I wont make this into a pissing match but your missing my point here. 1. I live in the States and I can tell you 100% the economy has a lot to do with the price increase. Everything in the States has gone up due to gas prices and other things.

You said yourself : the price increase is not due to the economy, but rather to the dramatic increase of the price of oil over the last year. As transportation is a major factor in a price, it is normal that the price of many items should rise to compensate. But the price increase cannot be attributed to the recession.

bigj22 wrote:
2. If you think Lego is going to lower their price then your wrong. Somebody out there will pay that price. They wont give them away just cause people can't afford them too.

I'm not saying LEGO will decrease their prices. In fact, I'm not at all surprised that prices in the US have risen, considering that the value of USD as plummetted over the last two years.

What I mentioned in my post doesn't specifically apply to LEGO. In time of recession, all manufacturing companies must face difficult choices, because the demand for products (all kind of products) decreases. Some companies choose to lower their prices so that their products will still be bought (hence, you keep your production and your name out there), others, more flexible, reduces their production dramatically, while others go out and find new markets to sell their overstock.

Now, I'm not saying that LEGO will do either of those things. My point was that, contrary to what can be interpreted from your original post, in a time of recession, it wouldn't be wise for a company to raise its prices just to keep its profit margin, as the demand for products is about to take a downfall, and a price increase might just put them out of business.

bigj22 wrote:
I know LEGO looks at this site and values it as well, but just because 400+ members ( or however many ) say they are too high doesn't mean they're going to lower them for everyone. I'm sure they respect our opinions but I really don't think when it comes to pricing , that they really care what we say.

Surely they won't lower their prices now on this set based only on what we say here, but they might consider our opinion for future releases. Over the years I've been here, I've seen LEGO getting more and more in touch with the AFOL community. I've seen a few things change for the better that I can directly related to fans voicing their opinions on forums such as this. Of course, LEGO is a business, and figuring out a price point for a set is not a guessing game. But next time, they might ask their designers to improve the model instead of releasing a set at a 0,21 $ per piece ratio.

bigj22 wrote:
I appologize for voicing my opinion if it affends you.

Just to be straight here, your opinion about the Solar Sailor doesn't offend me, as I can understand that you think it's a great set at a fair price.

What offends me is your apparent lack of respect to those who consider that this set (or any other set) is not worth its asking price and voice their opinion about it.

KungZombie wrote:
'Course, Daz is being a bit of a dick about this too

It's not because I've been absent from this site for a while that I've changed my ways...

gigglestick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DekeStarkiller wrote:
Is this thing available at the LEGO stores yet?

I'm overnight in Kingston, NY and the TRU store here has it for 59.99 on the shelf.
jocktheglide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its the hype that folks want to try to get this and then ebay it....I have two sets though just for the count dooku figure alone since folks are selling him 25 plus.......
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this at the LEGO store and couldn't bring myself to buy one. $55 for 385 pieces?! Does anyone have any idea why this particular set is so overpriced?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: