FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lego Count Dooku's Solar Sailer 7752 set in Lego 2009 Cat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinamokiev wrote:
What set is that hairpeice in?

None so far.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56, that hairpiece is what I was thinking. Looks like it won't be used for a Palpatine fig then.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
harrison wrote:
Actually... The Solar Sailer was in the Clone Wars movie. It never deployed the sails on camera, but you never see it go into deep space either.- Jedi Joe

Eh? did you watch a different version of ep2 than me?? i recall it showed the sails quite clearly.

You do know there was a Clone Wars movie, right?

unfortunately yes i do it's like the prequel movies to me and a big wate of time watching it.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrison wrote:
it's like the prequel movies to me and a big wate of time watching it.

Unless you have the dvd and can fast forward to the battles. Cool

That hairpiece looks like a good candidate for the Dooku fig.
NecronCommander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the set, I don't care if it's not that faithful of a design to the original, I still think the ship looks really cool.
But then again, I said the same thing about the Rogue Shadow, so what do I know.
Greg Hyland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Joe wrote:

Actually... The Solar Sailer was in the Clone Wars movie. It never deployed the sails on camera, but you never see it go into deep space either.

Rereading this, this fact may be the main reason there's no sail! After all, this is a Clone Wars set, and not a Attack of the Clones set.
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly for me, I'm not a huge fan of flesh faces only because all other non-movie/TV themed lego sets have yellow faces, and always have, and it's rather strange to combine yellow and flesh (although, flesh sure beats creept anime faces...). Besides, the yellow faces in place of flesh are one of TLC signatures for their products--imagine if the Simpsons suddenly became fleshy.

But if there's one thing that I would like TLC to do for us fans, one thing that would satisfy my lego purchasing for the rest of my life--please please please give us back the original chrome hilted lightsabers. I know that they're making new chrome ones, but they just won't be the same. Do I have agreements about this? Question

But I might as well post on the ship. If the product description lists Magnaguards, then I am willing to bet my left arm that there will be Magnaguards...which actually would surprise me. Dooku never really had a Magnaguard posse, did he? But if this set does have some chromified lightsabers, then you all know what that means--curved chromies!! We can get three and give two hilts to Asajj!

Yeah, and I know this post was almost completely off topic, but I felt I needed to give my two cents.
El Jefe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sail or no, I'm still gonna get this set. I think Sidious should have been included, but oh well. Do we know when it's gonna come out, or if it's gonna be an exclusive?
bigospedros

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Jefe wrote:
Sail or no, I'm still gonna get this set. I think Sidious should have been included, but oh well. Do we know when it's gonna come out, or if it's gonna be an exclusive?

well, in one Lego catalogue, it was stated as being released in Feb 09.

However, it was on the same page as the Ashoka Fighter, also with a release date of Feb 09 and that set is available in UK Lego Brand stores already, so I suspect it won't be long before we see this one too.

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, I'm pretty late in the discussion but I've always wanted to see a Lego solar sailer and am pretty disappointed. I wondered., "how will they do the sail?" and it seems they went and just got rid of it. Also, it looks very short and stocky, nowhere like the super-sleek craft we see Dooku ride. There's also supposed a library in the ship somewhere, which I'm pretty sure was not included.

><>
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
well, in one Lego catalogue, it was stated as being released in Feb 09.

However, it was on the same page as the Ashoka Fighter, also with a release date of Feb 09 and that set is available in UK Lego Brand stores already, so I suspect it won't be long before we see this one too.

I'd have to disagree with you on that. When we got catalogue images of the Droid Gunship and Republic Fighter Tank, the DGS was released in the summer wave, while the Tank was not. It wasn't released until sometime in late September.

I belive that the Solar Sailor will stay true to its word and won't be released until February.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doesn't matter to me when it's released ... all purchases will be made at a later date when they're on sale anyway Wink

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
RoflWafls

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy on Eurobricks posted this amazing link! You can clearly see Dooku!

http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/Shop06/Products/ultraPopUp_8.swf?s_xmlPath=http:/%2fshop.lego.com%2fServices%2fWebservices%2fAssetsWS.asmx%2fGetProductAssets%3fproductID%3d7752&s_button=moreViews
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:

I belive that the Solar Sailor will stay true to its word and won't be released until February.
It is currently detailed and available via the UK S@H with a 2 week backorder.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that Dooku now officially has the creepiest face (Next to Assaj's face)

As for the set, it definatly looks better with all the flaps closed (makes it look more longer) I don't like the cockpit though. It's just a grey "ball" (and not really much of a ball)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoflWafls wrote:
Some guy on Eurobricks posted this amazing link! You can clearly see Dooku!

The ship actually looks pretty decent from the first photo, without its "arms" all a-splayed.

The back of the ship, where the two solid grey TIE cockpits are, looks unfinished.

Is his pilot droid's head a skeleton leg attached upside down and backwards...?

Dooku's head print looks nice and seems pretty faithful to the show, if somewhat non-traditional-LEGO-looking. Another new hairpiece too.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr

Last edited by Morbie19 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the zoom feature on the pilot, it does appear to be a skeleton leg.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:

As for the set, it definatly looks better with all the flaps closed (makes it look more longer) I don't like the cockpit though. It's just a grey "ball" (and not really much of a ball)

I actually like Dooku's face. It doesn't look as blatantly fugly as, say, Anakin. And the cockpit, I made that observation too, but the grey ball is the back of the ship, and a trans smoke cockpit bubble is on the other side, so the picture looks to show the ship backwards. The flaps open the other way, which is the direction the non-existent sail goes out, and the sail is in front.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very much a fan of this set now!

about the only thing i could really complain about, is that the pilot does not have a little painted set of eyes or anything on it....from what the droid looks like in AoTC, i think the skeleton foot piece is perfect for it, but as i said, it needs a face....oh well, i have my connections to do just that Very Happy

I really like Dooku's face, can't really comment on the hairpiece as there is no decent picture up close of that yet. But I am loving the new speeder, very pleased with that indeed.

the two Magna-guards that are coming with it will do nicely to add to the army.

AJay
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did dooku just get out of bed or something O.o that's how is hair looks. Razz Meh I will still get this to edit it.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah, when I first saw that Dooku head, I though TLC had made a mistake and had given us Joe, the mountain man.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:

I actually like Dooku's face. It doesn't look as blatantly fugly as, say, Anakin. And the cockpit, I made that observation too, but the grey ball is the back of the ship, and a trans smoke cockpit bubble is on the other side, so the picture looks to show the ship backwards. The flaps open the other way, which is the direction the non-existent sail goes out, and the sail is in front.

O really? I always thought the flaps when closed pointed towards the back of the ship.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah the flaps are definitely at the front of the ship.
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the front indeed, as seen with these two pictures:

I like Dooku's face very much, actually. It might be the very best of the cartoon faces.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:

I have to agree. I actually don't particularly mind Dooku's face, and I think the hairpiece looks really nice. Correct me if I just got my hopes up too fast, but was that saber actually a chrome one, and not just the new metallic grey ones? Shocked

But why does he have Magnaguards? No complaints, but I didn't think he relied on them like Grievous did.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well he did have the magna guards with him on Tatooine in the Clone Wars movie.....
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
well he did have the magna guards with him on Tatooine in the Clone Wars movie.....

True...but they were as a second attack force, not as security, right?
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the magna guards that took on anakin in the Twilight were hardly security either....i think in the clone wars movie/series they are more elite-classed troops rather than security.
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Solar Sailer - as well the other January sets - are now available for backorders at Shop@Home, shipping in 14 days. However, the Solar Sailer isn't available in the US, as well as some other countries like Germany and Austria.

Woah, I can't believe this.. Shocked
The Finnish price for the Solar Sailer is 75,95 euros. Is it just me or does that seem a tad overpriced?
We have it a bit better than the Netherlands, though, the price there is 79,99 euros..
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how big it is.

Compared to the prices of the last series of SW LEGOs the prices look pretty decent this time around.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: