FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lego Count Dooku's Solar Sailer 7752 set in Lego 2009 Cat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mik_mik

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Lego Count Dooku's Solar Sailer 7752 set in Lego 2009 Cat Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I've been looking on all the forums for the new Star Wars sets coming out in 2009 and one that does not appear anywhere is one which I have pictured right infront of me in a 2009 Lego Australian Catalogue!
This catalogue is sent out to LegoClub members inside the magazine so it's accurate and 100% Lego official.

The set is 7752 which is Count Dooku's Solar Sail. 8-14 Years
Has a release month of February and it's blurb reads..........
"Commanding the separatist assualt on the Republic, Count Dooku flies from battlefield to battlefield in his Solar Sailer starship. The Sith lords MagnaGuards and personal speeder make him nearly impossible to catch."

So I guess we can assume that they'll be a speeder included/hidden inside the ship, and possably room for MagnaGuards also!!!

Im sorry I haven't been able to load up the picture directly here, but if anyone's interested in seeing the Catalogue picture, then send me and E-Mail to michaldeployed@hotmail.com and I'll reply with the attached picture!!!

Cheers, Mike
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and i have to question the policy in itself anyway....'09 sets are already hitting shelves, and they are still against RTB.....how much more official do they have to get before we can discuss them.

edit: btw, here's the link to what i just uploaded: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22258525@N06/3105300795/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22258525@N06/3106145990/

AJay

Last edited by AJayIrish on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st, it has no sails. 2nd, its short and stubby.

That had better not be more than $30.
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it wouldn't be exactly easy to engineer the sails and still retain the general characteristics of the craft. So I personally can let that slide.. but I I'm with you about the stubbyness of the ship, eknight... It doesn't seem like it would allow for too much interior goodies. Sad However, if it is sold for a decent price, I will definitely be getting it, as I have waited for TLC to release this baby for a really, really long time...

Proud member of the AFEC
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho hum. Not THAT great. I mean, it might look good with the 'sails'(which are nothing more than bricks) folded inward for coasting around Coruscant, and it isn't THAT bad, considering we should be in for a new Dooku fig and hopefully some more droids, maybe even a Magnaguard with a printed torso, but on the whole, enchantedknight's two points are its sole weaknesses.

Last edited by ZombieEighty-Oh on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread gets a whole lot shorter when you take all the off-topicy nonsense out of it.

The RtB policy is clear... if it's not posted on LEGO.com, an official LEGO publication (which includes their magazine and catalogs), on sale somewhere, or announced, it's not legit.

Let's see, in a LEGO magazine, so it's legit.

Let the staff do what we do. All the minimods just need to log off and leave instead of post.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. Would it be alright to post the pics then?
Hoover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This set looks like kack. Seriously awful. If I do buy it, it'll be for parts (which don't actually look very promising) and a flesh Dooku figure.

Nick, why'd you get rid of the stuff that was still on topic?
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the minimodding. Embarassed

As I read dWhisper's post he says the pictures are legit, so I think that means yes.
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may post pics if they're from official sources or from the actual set. Feel free.

Anything that got removed had some level of mini-modding in it. Just because a legit comment was included doesn't matter. If it's off topic, you should expect it to be deleted and your manhood questioned.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so thats a yes on the catalogue pics?
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the picture.

If anyone wants me to remove it, just say. Smile
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:
Did you even read any of this thread?

As for the set, I was expecting it to be much better. This thing really doesn't interest me at all. I would still love to see a flesh Dooku though.
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:

Read. Go look in the threads that talk about RtB, and you can figure out what is all right. Until you know, don't post anything.

Since I'm assuming you mean dealer catalog pictures, the answer has always been no. Not even for sets released 3 years ago
Zombifox
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-edit-

anyways, its pretty cool, EXEPT, it will have 'creepy clone wars face' *shudder*

Last edited by Zombifox on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scroll up, then feel bad that I had to reply and tell you to scroll up.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What a piece of junk."

I'm sorry Lego, but this thing isn't all that impressive, or attractive in anyway. Definatly won't be picking this one up.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all should give this set time. First off, it's not the best angle. Second, it doesn't look terrible, at least the colors are neat.

I might get it in due time. I'll just replace the CW Dooku, if it is extremely ugly, with my yellow Dooku. Curved lightsabers ftw.
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the figure is in the animated style or not, I hope they don't just give us a flesh version of the old Dooku figure. I seriously think that's the ugliest LEGO Star Wars minifigure head we've gotten. His face looks too small and has way too many ugly details scrunched into a tiny area. It could do with a more animated look in my opinion.
bigospedros

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may look a bit short and stubby in the pic because it's "open" to let the sails out. I'm sure the dimensions will look better when the front of the ship is closed.

I'm a little disappointed that there are no sails included, but I can wholly understand why there aren't. I think it would be very difficult to achieve the look in system scale. Mini or UCS is more possible, but not this one.

Looking forward to seeing more pics

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
HJR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's aweful... Apart from the first version of the AT-ST, this accounts in my point of view as the worst LEGO-made Star Wars vehicle... It's so very much out of proportion; what did LEGO think of??? It's like a meatball on a stick in outer space, instead of teh sleek, elegant vehicle it is supposed to be...

Shame really, a real shame... Crying or Very sad
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think it looks pretty close to what we see in the films. I never got the impression that Dooku's solar sailor was very sleek or elegant. Having the sails deployed really improved the the appearance.

I would also imagine that these pictures are a bit limited. They don't even show the figures. We still could be getting some sails, but they are just not shown for the sake of making the pictures smaller.

This is the problem with catalog shots. There are compromises that are made. I will hold my final judgment until I see a few more pictures.

Last edited by Darth's Zombie on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, since this catalogue is for 2009 and it is still 2008, this may not be final. I once recieved a catalogue from LEGO (I was a proof reader) and one of the sets (I think it was the AT-TE) lacked all the dark red parts - they were grey instead.

Nice brown/tan parts pack. I can live without it as a set, but may get it if it has nice parts.
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Yuhas wrote:
Whether the figure is in the animated style or not, I hope they don't just give us a flesh version of the old Dooku figure. I seriously think that's the ugliest LEGO Star Wars minifigure head we've gotten. His face looks too small and has way too many ugly details scrunched into a tiny area. It could do with a more animated look in my opinion.

Actually, that would be a cool face, but we're definitely getting the anime one. otherwise, the flesh Uncle Owen or Ben Kenobi heads look cool on Dooku.

End creepy minifig faces!
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJR wrote:
Apart from the first version of the AT-ST, this accounts in my point of view as the worst LEGO-made Star Wars vehicle...

First AT-ST? That was an amazing Star Wars vehicle and one of the best $10 Lego sets ever.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theforce.net/jedicouncil/interview/pics/saxton-dooku.jpg

Looks pretty sleek to me, LEGO's looks like, as HJR said, a meatball on a stick in space.
I really hope this design isn't final.
Zombie Jones
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
HJR wrote:
Apart from the first version of the AT-ST, this accounts in my point of view as the worst LEGO-made Star Wars vehicle...

First AT-ST? That was an amazing Star Wars vehicle and one of the best $10 Lego sets ever.

7127 was/is utter crap. It doesn't stand up for anything and looks like a runt next to the 7657. Yes, it was a cheap way to get a Chewie minifig and has a few cool parts, but in general I don't care for it.

Anyway, to keep this post vaguely on topic, I saw this set in a binder at my local LEGO store. Dooku is animated and fleshy, but I can't remember if the set has sails or not.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see them not including the sails. I can't picture how they would include sails.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sail could be acheived with a new cloth/plastic piece and some sort of umbrella mechanism, although it doesn't look like it has been. Sad Anyone on here up to the challenge of custom-making it?

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeesh! and I thought the Twilight was ugly Confused , oh well I'll just have to wait and see the final design before I make a final decision.

Like bigospedros said it will probably look better when the front is in a closed position.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: