FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30% off UCS falcon at target.com and kbtoys.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricefields

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: 30% off UCS falcon at target.com and kbtoys.com Reply with quote

this is $350 plus free shipping, but no additional 10% unfortunately. Still works out to be a few dollars cheaper than $392.99*.90=$353. for target, I suggest signing up for cash back site like ebates.com or bigcrumbs before going to target.com to buy and save additional 4-6% off which is about $22 more off!
ufjason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you order from Target you get hit with tax too. Unless there's a state that doesn't have one, but I'm pretty sure they're everywhere.
ricefields

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it comes to shipping to NY state, both amazon and target charge tax so target option is better. You will have to check your own state and compare.

Anyways, I finally pulled the trigger with additional discounts and the deal went down like this

google searched target.com coupons - got $7 off coupon but only through clicking a link, setup your order for the falcon and you will see the $7 discount, but don't checkout then close window without login off.

go to bigcrumbs and go thru their link to target which gets 6.3% cash back. When they send you to target you are automatically logged on, and then go through checkout again. You will see the $7 coupon still there. This is the only way I found to get both promotions as there are no coupon codes to enter - coupon sites only provide embedded links to target now.

So total came out to 342.99 plus tax of $27.44. 6.3% cash back gets back $21.61 so final total is $345.82

Tax free state comparison = $353.69 if taking the $392.99 deal at amazon, or $359.99 if you bought at $399.99 at amazon earlier yesterday. Target price will also vary depending on your state tax rate ie. new hampshire buyers will get it at $321.38.

Edit: just find out you can also use livesearch.com which gets you 20% cash back!! but cannot use the $7 coupon. And if you use livesearch.com you get it for $280!!!

too bad I did not think about liveseach before! Not eligible for canadians but will find a way around that.
ufjason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you manage to get the live search discount, it only comes up if you look for ipod on live search.
ufjason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the coupon 7N584R3M to get 10% off your purchase at target. It is cheaper than the amazon deal that is now expired. 314.99 before tax! Super hot deal! If you're in oregon or delaware it's really sweet!
ricefields

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for code, I tried to cancel my order, but they were so fast that they already prepared my set to ship in the morning. I called them up to override the order and cancel, because I want to also better my previous bottom line and the 10% coupon discount.

My wife just got a redcard at target for 10% off and it came in the mail today of all the good timing. So it comes out to $280 at checkout if both are used. Then take off whatever you can get from the cash back rewards.

OK I am tired of searching for discounts on falcons.
ricefields

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufjason wrote:
how do you manage to get the live search discount, it only comes up if you look for ipod on live search.

Please check out rebelscum forums under LEGO
vtguru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and ordered one thru Target using the live.com search discount. This is my first time using it so I'll let you know how it goes
ufjason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to use this link to get the 20% cashback rebate:

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1055044&u2=http://0.r.msn.com/?ld=2vk7NS8+4az8H04SGyvr/o/nXUoIuQUcYJMZPx4SaPHLADKnT+TScTz9dby5RIdZjA+6XRHO/K3LSSl9AgftP0OjIYp/BcPH+roQijNJnjdjgOh2WLMe4WV2J0AFCB4jm6CiIDn6GKZPoUfeV8rmXA+RGUXlYHYB9BX78orc3NELZ6iabxzVl/ZVV/IN134FV8bBnMaWSIRMX3bPNvECBel1rs/8ADdwcaJovAkHKXYB1ejOjejmkZ+cNwMYFMNaNdfpqbKO7ql650gzUocgt2pHIREDtqpthQ1SyiXt3Qzw0foRpsYAu/yKEarQYDa7JXuHhyiFUomAzLrrhUykqqTTwBKyxVcQcVrHCNp/dYRIS06XDjSHCNF0C8HRG7LYoXaUVozwgj/f/cWSyJPacrU+n1ICbrL8LtuNIGilk0mqfwSE9HeNASX+AsECSRCAYL

A general search on the live search page doesn't seem to work. It seemed to work with the 10% discount but I'll find out soon enough.
vtguru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the e-mail yet? I used the link from rebelscum and it said the rebate was active, but i figured I would get the e-mail from them right away. I didn't use the extra 10% like you did so if that works I might have to get another one
ufjason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received no email, but you don't get them right away from what I've read. I'd rather have the guaranteed 10% than the possible 20% rebate later.
legoloco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I have to post a huge thank you to ricefields and ufjason!

I had been sitting on some money set aside for the eventual after holidays sales while keeping my eye out for a deal on this set. When I saw your post I looked online for other forums detailing their success with the live search rebates. I took the plunge and ordered yesterday afternoon and I just received my confirmation email that I'll be getting the 20% cash back. I did use the online coupon ufjason noted and I was concerned because a number of other forums noted the cash back sometimes doesn't work if you use other coupons. In the end my total cost including Illinois tax will be $267 for the falcon! That is an incredible deal, thanks for looking out for the community guys!
ufjason

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the email from live search cashback! I'm due 209.99 for the three I ordered. Makes for a total Cost for me of 270 a piece for the falcons, freakin awesome!
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufjason wrote:

I've managed to restrain myself from buying one of these so far but at the same time, realize this is a good deal. I'm trying to make sense of what's what: if someone just uses that (exceptionally long) link you posted, each Falcon is $270? Or am I missing something else?

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
ufjason

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, the link is long but i couldn't figure out how to make an href with the forum code. Just click on the live link, make sure you're logged in to live search cashback with your username, add the falcon to your cart, apply the 10% off coupon and you're golden. It comes to 314.99 plus your local tax. You'll then receive an email for 70 dollars cash rebate. If you live in a tax free state, you could get this for 239.99!

Morgan19 wrote:
ufjason wrote:

I've managed to restrain myself from buying one of these so far but at the same time, realize this is a good deal. I'm trying to make sense of what's what: if someone just uses that (exceptionally long) link you posted, each Falcon is $270? Or am I missing something else?

m19

ricefields

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legoloco wrote:
Wow! I have to post a huge thank you to ricefields and ufjason!

Your welcome! I guess two heads think better than one sometimes and I really have to thank the poster at rebelscum this time for providing the link. I always think fbtb would have thelatest and greatest discussion and insights but for some reason I checked out rebelscum and did a search for falcon on their site.

I definitely have to test the 20% cashback on livesearch on behalf of canadians. If there are any other canadians who have used livesearch and successfully received cash back, please pm me. I am setup with the us address but I don't have a us address tied to paypal.
vtguru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, I should have used the code to get an extra 10% off. Live.com cashback was extremely easy to use.

May have to get another.
ufjason

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricefields, live search seems to be online only and I don't see how where you're located would effect it. I'd imagine if it links you to target and you're in canada it would allow you to ship there unless there is a canadian version of the site.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related to the bankruptcy posted about in the BCS, KB also has the Falcon for 30% off, free shipping.
Thanks to stenz from CSF for passing that along.

Also, I've posted the tip about discount tricks on the main page. Good job, guys! Smile
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else's cashback summary in Live Search not show up immediately (after the email was received and Live Search account activated)? I'm starting to feel a little ill. Shocked Is it normal for it not to show up for 2 days?
silverspyder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricefields wrote:
and I really have to thank the poster at rebelscum this time for providing the link.

No problem. Glad I could help. Smile

Draykov wrote:
Did anyone else's cashback summary in Live Search not show up immediately (after the email was received and Live Search account activated)? I'm starting to feel a little ill. Shocked Is it normal for it not to show up for 2 days?

Yeah, Target submits the info in batches to Microsoft, so sometimes it can take a few days. I wouldn't worry too much until its been 5-7 days. Then I would call live.com.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! I figured that was the case, but I really shouldn't have pulled the trigger on this one and was getting the cold sweats. It was just too good to pass up even if it is a drastic overindulgence for me. Thanks, Spydey. Smile
ufjason

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's my love on the home page, I posted the 10% coupon! Crying or Very sad

Chief wrote:
Related to the bankruptcy posted about in the BCS, KB also has the Falcon for 30% off, free shipping.
Thanks to stenz from CSF for passing that along.

Also, I've posted the tip about discount tricks on the main page. Good job, guys! Smile

vtguru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody try using the 10% off coupon code today? Is it saying expired?
pharmjod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like that one is expired now. Too early to go trolling around for another one this morning.
sgumm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered my Falcon Wednesday night using the livesearch link and UF's coupon code. Just got an email from livesearch cashback confirming my $70 rebate. Makes my total shipped and with tax $263.89. Target sent a shipping confirmation email with an estimated delivery between 12/13 to 1/29. Thanks to everyone for the heads up.
ufjason

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All four I ordered shipped the next day fedex ground. Now I need to find a home for these, they're so big they take up a whole shelf unto themselves.
kbjork

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: KB Toys Falcon Reply with quote

Well, I didn't do as well as some, but got the Falcon from KB Toys for $344.99 after a $5 off coupon and $17.50 (5%) Livesearch rebate (which was confirmed, but that just offset the sales tax). That includes free shipping. Livesearch didn't show any rebate for the Falcon at Target and 5% was the largest rebate it did show. If anyone gets a better deal, please post! I can return it to KB!
etcknight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufjason wrote:
All four I ordered shipped the next day fedex ground. Now I need to find a home for these, they're so big they take up a whole shelf unto themselves.

F-O-U-R?!?!

Crazy! Since my Lego collection is becoming a bit unwieldy (aka. running out of storage spaces and time to organize parts), despite all the great deals this season, I'm having to restraint myself. Well, at least I got the limited certificate with my UCS MF. Plus on the average, I figure I've mostly purchased legos for 50% off over the past several years, so it's okay. Gotta wait for the new sets to be released too! Wink

F-O-U-R?!?! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also consider that other than my 401k I have no money in the stock market. My lego inventory laughs at the plummeting DOW Jones industrial and not only hold it's value but steadily increases! Think of these sets like stocks, some cost more than others. You hope to buy low and sell high!

etcknight wrote:
ufjason wrote:

F-O-U-R?!?!

Crazy! Since my Lego collection is becoming a bit unwieldy (aka. running out of storage spaces and time to organize parts), despite all the great deals this season, I'm having to restraint myself. Well, at least I got the limited certificate with my UCS MF. Plus on the average, I figure I've mostly purchased legos for 50% off over the past several years, so it's okay. Gotta wait for the new sets to be released too! Wink

F-O-U-R?!?! Shocked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: