FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corvalis Class Mini and Main Bridge Vig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H3D1

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Corvalis Class Mini and Main Bridge Vig Reply with quote

Hi all!
Today, I unveil one of my favorite projects. The Corvalis Class Stealth Cruiser. I spent a few months on the mini, tweaking the design, and now I'm pretty happy with it. After I demolished my Batcave (Which took up too much space), I saw the control consoles, and immediately thought, "Bridge!". So then I started on the design of the main bridge, which I completed on Monday.

Backstory

The Corvalis Class was initially outlined by leading Rebel designers in the early stages of the Rebellion, under the name of Project Rebel Hope, after realizing that the Rebellion could use an undetected way to transport supplies from base to base. Over the course of the war, Rebel Hope was put into mothballs, forgotten. After Grand Admiral Thrawn used cloaked ships to great effect during his campaign against the New Republic, interest was revived, and the project came back to life. It was determined, later, that a cloaked vessel would not be an effective way to combat the Empire. After the invention of the StealthX, after the Yuuzhan Vong war, the project came back to life, with blueprints and designs for the ship being developed. Early construction began in the Kuat System. By the time of the Second Galactic Civil War, the ship had an airtight bridge, and a functional hyperdrive. When the Confederation attacked Kuat, Alliance officers stationed at the drydock copied all of the data on Rebel Dream, and destroyed the computer core, jumping to hyperspace early in the battle. Work resumed over Mon Calamari, with the newly completed Corvalis Class cruiser seeing its first action carrying out hit-and-run missions within Confederation space.

With the bridge, I decided to use a screen instead of viewports because viewports and running lights would give away a stealth cruiser immediately, so there we are.

Comments and Constructive Criticism welcome! If you want more pics, tell me what angle, and I'll get them up! Very Happy
H3D1

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...
Methinks that I should have waited until after the Christmasification Contest was over! Razz
NIGHTMARE
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's beautiful, H3D1! I like how you made the floor studless. It gives it a "sleek and classy feel" to it. You ship is excellent, too.

blackninjatom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the bridge represents what is on the mini? I don't get what the scene represents, or am I over thinking things? Neutral The mini is nice and simple and snot is pretty good.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: