FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chrome Black Vader Minifig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertramtalespinner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twenty-seventh!
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I want one. Smile

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: hooray Reply with quote

well, time to begin saving up again. last year i spent over $400.00, and didn't get a gold 3p0, i hope i get luckier this year.
ricefields

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: hooray Reply with quote

donneyboy wrote:
well, time to begin saving up again. last year i spent over $400.00, and didn't get a gold 3p0, i hope i get luckier this year.

In previous threads, it was mentionned that these also available through giveaways with happy meals at mcdonalds.

I saw the first one being sold on ebay (check out the locked thread) and asked where the seller got and she confirmed it was a giveaway at mcdonalds. it sold for about $13 on ebay which I could have easily won it but decided to wait to confirm if it was the chrome black vader by other fbtb members.

unlike the chrome c3p0, I am sure you can get one on ebay and prices won't shoot up to $150 like they did for c3po.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was someone not understanding the situation and assuming that the plastic bag meant it was from McDonalds. They won't actually be available there.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this be in non-exclusive sets bought on S@H?

End creepy minifig faces!
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
what a kick in the balls for the UK & Europe ... again! Evil or Very Mad

Steve, will you PLEASE feedback to your management that this kind of thing really is not on.

Seconded.

I appreciate that Lego.. a European based company, have made special arrangements to stimulate demand in the United States as their biggest overseas market.
However it appears to be a very sad state of affairs for their loyal customers closer to home in Europe to be denied a similar opportunity. It is bad enough that the RRPs have tended towards higher relative values in the UK but to compound that by denying their customers the chance to obtain exclusive or special items is a bit of a snub.

*sigh*
Mr. TIE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi well I just got a chrome darth vader from a clone battle pack for Christmas so it looks like they are in battle packs too!

I checked bricklink and they seem to be going for $110 atm but as more sell it will probably decrease. I asked my brother what to do with it and he said keep it, so I now have a chrome vader leading my dark side forces!
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. TIE wrote:
Hi well I just got a chrome darth vader from a clone battle pack for Christmas so it looks like they are in battle packs too!
Pics or it never happened... Wink
sam90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Agreed.

Steve himself said and i quote

Quote:
The Chrome black Darth Vader is going to be randomly inserted in 2009 sets in the US just like the chrome gold c-3po was in 2007. this means it won't be in battle packs or retail exclusives (including shop@home, target, wal-mart, etc.). There will be around 10,000 just like last time and it will be a luck of the draw thing, just like last time.

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderJake wrote:
Mr. TIE wrote:

Thirded. Wink

Although if it's true, that's pretty cool. Smile
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found one in my 8017 Tie fighter that I got from TRU in Dearborn, MI... after getting shut out on the Chrome gold threepios and refusing to pay $100 for a bleeping minifig, I am VERY excited to get this one...

Putting my mayoral exploratory committee on hold as I pursue my MBA...
wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already posted this over the Canadian thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum but on Christmas morning both of my two kids received both of the new battle packs and in both of their Clone Trooper Sets they received the Chrome Vader.

I also received both packs and felt that I had to video tape myself opening mine in case it also had a Chrome Vader - but it was all for nothing.

I told both of them that they cannot open them - unless it turns out to be a lot more common than we thought.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderer wrote:
I already posted this over the Canadian thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum but on Christmas morning both of my two kids received both of the new battle packs and in both of their Clone Trooper Sets they received the Chrome Vader.

I also received both packs and felt that I had to video tape myself opening mine in case it also had a Chrome Vader - but it was all for nothing.

I told both of them that they cannot open them - unless it turns out to be a lot more common than we thought.

Have pictures by any chance? Been hearing conflicting reports on Vaders being in the battle packs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33754127@N02/3143100372/

Of course, I can't prove that they were in the battle packs with the picture since I've alread opened the packs but my record on the forums is solid Smile
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderer wrote:
Here you go:

Of course, I can't prove that they were in the battle packs with the picture since I've alread opened the packs but my record on the forums is solid Smile

Wow! Shocked Very nice! Very Happy
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sick, the chrome Vader actually looks pretty neat. This is just extra motivation for me to pick up battlepacks. Lucky kids. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-wan Jimboski wrote:
found one in my 8017 Tie fighter that I got from TRU in Dearborn, MI... after getting shut out on the Chrome gold threepios and refusing to pay $100 for a bleeping minifig, I am VERY excited to get this one...

I did not think the chrome black vader would hit over $100 like the chrome gold c3po but its currently $113 on ebay for one being sold from sweden. I cannot believe it, I had a chance to pay $15 for one when it showed up on ebay from the person who first claimed it came from mcdonald's. it was sitting at $13 and then I said I will wait to get one later and decided not to go for the win. At that time, hardly anyone in NA knew about the promotion unless they were following on this forum or other lego forums that had european members. Now that the larger public is aware, the prices for this this will stay high until more and more show up for selling on ebay/bricklink, or more people find them in sets and don't need to buy on ebay/bricklink.
ufjason

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I wish I could figure out a method of detecting a gold c3p0. I've got tons of inventory that might have one but no way of knowing. I thought a metal detector might work but I don't think it would pick up the chrome coating. I also thought using my digital scale could work as it's accurate to .2 oz but with differing box material and weights it's hard to tell. Anyone have any methods?
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufjason wrote:
Interesting. I wish I could figure out a method of detecting a gold c3p0. I've got tons of inventory that might have one but no way of knowing. I thought a metal detector might work but I don't think it would pick up the chrome coating. I also thought using my digital scale could work as it's accurate to .2 oz but with differing box material and weights it's hard to tell. Anyone have any methods?

*Use the force, ufjason...* Wink
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderer wrote:
Here you go:

I believe, and feel hopeful now that when I pick up some more Clone Bps, they might have a minifig. I've noticed though that everyone who has gotten a chrome Vader and says it was from a bp has gotten it in the clone bp. Coincidence, or what? Confused
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone not finding these? Shocked I really feel like going out and buying some sets now.
bigj22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: chrome Reply with quote

Ive purchased 10 battle packs total and nothing. Its just the luck of the draw I guess.
sam90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in the USA? if your not then that decreases your chances a bit... Wink

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I went to TRU again today, but they had no sets I wanted. In fact, they only had 4 sets in stock, or advertised on their shelves: V-19, Magnaguard, AT-TE, and Twilight. Lame Mad
wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: the two chrome vaders that I mentioned above were from packs purchased at Walmart in Canada. Also, these two packs may have been among the first sited in the stores around here so it could be a coincidence because they were some of the first off the line. It seems that other people have also found vaders in Canada. I just don't want to get everybody's hopes up... like I said there was no Vader in my own battle packs - just my kids Sad
Mr. TIE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK-425 wrote:
CommanderJake wrote:
Mr. TIE wrote:

Thirded. Wink

Although if it's true, that's pretty cool. Smile

Heh sorry guys, I have no idea how to upload pics but it looks like it's already been confirmed! If it helps I got it from one of three battle pack sets my bro got me from a TRU!

Cheers and Happy new years!
BCspeed34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BP incident was probably a mistake in the sorting process.
mariann

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufjason wrote:

Did anyone get a gold c3po in a set? Even though they said they were in sets I never heard of anyone getting one in a set. Confused

I do know that they were giving them to children at the Star Wars Celebration IV and Comic Con last year. I think that is why they are so rare.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, look here. That was a list of known members who'd found one of the hidden droids in a set.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: