FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Merry Christmas, and a happy new 'AK!"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaotic Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: "Merry Christmas, and a happy new 'AK!" Reply with quote

My entry to the Chrismasification contest here on FBTB. Three rebel troopers are surprised in their Christmas celebrations on the Tantive IV as Vader and his troopers arrive. Rifles by Little Armory Toys.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first suggestion: Learn how to count to 12. Or rather, 12x12.

Second, if this is an entry for the holiday contest, it needs more holiday -- right now, the only thing remotely festive here is the single string of lights, and even that looks almost like an afterthought.

Add more holiday decor -- maybe a tree, more lights, garlands, whatever -- and maybe add a bunch of food to the table to make it feel more like a holiday party. Better yet, for that genuine "holiday party" feel, find a way to make your minifigs look convincingly drunk, and maybe give Darth Vader a bush to pee in out front. Razz

Last edited by KungZombie on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this 12x12?

nice idea, but as Kyle said, it should need a bit more Holiday-fying.

FlickrBrickshelf
Chaotic Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:
My first suggestion: Learn how to count to 12. Or rather, 12x12.

Er...

Quote:
When you say 'limited to' a 12x12 baseplate, do you mean that that is as far as we can go, or that that is the size it has to be?

dWhisper wrote:
That's the max size. If you want to go smaller, feel free.

So there we are. And, of course, this topic will allow me to get some feedback before the submission to the contest.

And as for making 'em drunk: I've just thought of some ideas for that.

KungFused wrote:

Second, if this is an entry for the holiday contest, it needs more holiday -- right now, the only thing remotely festive here is the single string of lights, and even that looks almost like an afterthought.

Definitely a good idea. I'll get some more stuff in there, along with the tree. This was probably just a roughed out copy, as it were; thanks for showing me it needs some work!
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you say 'limited to' a 12x12 baseplate, do you mean that that is as far as we can go, or that that is the size it has to be?

dWhisper wrote:
That's the max size. If you want to go smaller, feel free.

So there we are. And, of course, this topic will allow me to get some feedback before the submission to the contest.

It sounds to me that you misunderstould what "12x12" means. It means 12 lego studs by 12 Lego studs. Not 12 inchs by 12 inchs.
I apologize if you were already aware of that or not.

As for my advice, everyone above has really said it all. Main two things is the size and needs some more of a Holiday-feel to it.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Chaotic Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that must have been my mistake. I only just realized that mine must be too big. Woops...

Still, sorry for the confusion I caused. And thanks for the help. Working on this problem will probably take up some time... Confused
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, we all make mistakes.. that's why the put erasers on pencils Razz Unless you buy the pencils I buy..then you don't get an eraser Mad

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Chaotic Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well...I guess that's right. Still, were it not for you guys I'd have been disqualified, so I thank you for that!
Legostein
MINI Master

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

besides everything said, I think one of the main missions is to motivate and keep people building. I think the sliding door is a good construction and that garland is definitely cute. Maybe you could make it even longer and add all transparent colours to show how many we got, just as a small side reference project. Wink

Cheers,

~ Chris
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: