FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question of Rank:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Question of Rank: Reply with quote

ok, so what is the chain of command, does Captain Rex outrank the Commanders?

AJay
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, why not? Wink (I have no idea...)
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, nice don Laughing

i was just asking, coz it's been bugging me for a few weeks. i always assumed that a captain was higher ranking than a commander, but the clone wars episode Rookies sorta threw my thought into the soup, because of Cody's little comment of "I'm leaving this one up to you Rex"....in the sort of tone that said to me that Cody outranks Rex.....i just wanted to try and settle this, coz yeah, it has been bugging the berjiggers out of me.

AJay
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure.
Here is what the Star Wars.com Databank says about him

Quote:
Anakin Skywalker's second in command during the Clone Wars, Clone Captain Rex (CC-7567) was a freethinking and aggressive soldier's-soldier. Gruff, no-nonsense and tough as nails, Rex voiced his professional opinion to even the highest-ranking Jedi. In command of the famed 501st Clone Trooper Battalion, Rex and his men were assigned to patrol the most lawless and dangerous sectors of the galaxy within the feared Outer Rim.

FlickrBrickshelf
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookieepedia has this to say

Wookieepedia wrote:
Clone Trooper Commander
Clone Trooper Major
Clone Trooper Captain

Apparently Cody outranks Rex.

Edit: Here's a complete chain of command in case anyone wants it:

Key: Rank (Example Character)-What they lead
Supreme Chancellor (Palpatine)-Grand Army
High Jedi General (Yoda)-Systems Army
Senior Jedi General (Luminara Unduli)-Corps
Jedi General (Aayla Secura)-Legion/Brigade
Jedi Commander (Ahsoka Tano)-Regiment
Clone Marshall Commander (Cody)-Corps
Senior Clone Commander (Gree)-Legion/Brigade
Clone Regimental Commander (CRC-09/571)-Regiment
Clone Trooper Commander (Deviss)-Regiment
Clone Trooper Major-Battalion
Clone Trooper Captain (Rex)-Company
Clone Trooper Lieutenant-Platoon
Clone Trooper Sergeant-Squad
Clone Trooper

Last edited by TK-425 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cody outranks Rex, but Cody's letting Rex have some fun in this instance...

Last edited by CommanderJake on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MingoDave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other points to note:
Commander Igar was in command of the walker forces on Endor in RotJ.
A naval commander is a lower rank than a naval captain.
Most modern infantry forces do not have a "commander" rank; however, it appears to slot in the Wookieepedia as equivalent to a lieutenant colonel, which is the standard rank for the commander of a battalion.
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought Rex was a ARC (Advanced Recon Commando) Trooper. Silly me.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the original Rex character from the cartoon clone wars was an Arc Trooper....Much like with Assaj Ventress though, his character profile has been edited slightly for the CGI clone wars. that's also why things are confusing.

AJay
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
well the original Rex character from the cartoon clone wars was an Arc Trooper....Much like with Assaj Ventress though, his character profile has been edited slightly for the CGI clone wars. that's also why things are confusing.

AJay

Was he? I don't know about that... Source? Confused
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

source? Rex WAS the commanding arc trooper in the blue....go and do a google image search, and there are a mix of both CGI shots, and the cartoon shots.....

AJay
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just that Rex was a new character introduced for the new Clone Wars series...

And I remembered the ARCs to have lighter blue helmet colourings, and not the same design as Rex.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yeah i suppose you could be right.

AJay
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know that after the first year (might be second, not sure), The only troopers to where Phase I style armour where ARC's. And they got rid of the Rank color too. Except with ARC's again.
Gaia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Question of Rank: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
ok, so what is the chain of command, does Captain Rex outrank the Commanders?

AJay

He doesn't. "Commander" is a title given to clone officers with ranks from major to general.

A captain commands a company or a company-size unit. He may also be a HQ staff subordonate of an higher-ranked officer (e.g. major, colonel, general) and then remain without proper unit to command.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:

AJay

Rex was in the original series? News to me.

But also--Asajj's role wasn't edited to my knowledge. She was the warrior who won Dooku's competition to find an assassin. Since she was force-sensitive and had powerful darkside leanings, not to mention skills with a lightsaber, Dooku decided to take her on not only as anassassin, but as his semi-apprentice. (Dooku didn't take her on as a full apprentice so he didn't break the Rule of Two. Palpatine knew of her training though, and despite his discouragement of it, did not try to stop it.) And when the CW movie starts, there's Asajj being an assassin.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but Ventress in the cartoon was more of a cameo appearance role, she was killed pretty damn quick, whereas in this cgi format, we see both grievous and ventress at the service of Dooku at the same time.
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it this way.
In the Army (United States)

A General Outranks a Brigadier General.

General: 4 stars

Brigadier General: 1 star

Say a Brigadier General is a close freind of the president and is somehow on his advisory staff. Guess what, our freind, the General with 4 stars still outranks him. Captain Rex and Commander Cody are no different. There's a reason Rex is a Captain. Why? He just hasn't gotten promoted yet. Cody respects him as a warrior but Rex still follows Cody's orders during a wartime situation. Rex being a right hand man to Anakin doesn't change the captain insignia on his armor. It may eventually, but for now, it doesn't.

In the navy, yes, a Captain does outrank a Commander. But are Cody and Rex the head senior officers on the Starship Enterprise? Wink Nope. They're soldiers in the Grand Army of the Republic.

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
source? Rex WAS the commanding arc trooper in the blue....go and do a google image search, and there are a mix of both CGI shots, and the cartoon shots.....

AJay

You might be thinking of these guys, who as far as I can remember are un-named. Or maybe Alpha, who Anakin and Obi Wan hung out with in the comics. (The only reason I know that is I got the Hasbro comic 2-pack with Obi Wan and the ARC.)
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
yes but Ventress in the cartoon was more of a cameo appearance role, she was killed pretty damn quick, whereas in this cgi format, we see both grievous and ventress at the service of Dooku at the same time.

Ventress survived the first, 2D series (i.e, her fall). Her story hasn't been retconned.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
AJayIrish wrote:

Ventress survived the first, 2D series (i.e, her fall). Her story hasn't been retconned.

Ok, cool. That's what I had thought. In fact, didn't Asajj even survive the Clone Wars and escape to the Outer Rim?
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory there's no record of her death and I think she does leave to the outer rim.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Ok, cool. That's what I had thought. In fact, didn't Asajj even survive the Clone Wars and escape to the Outer Rim?

In Star Wars comic Clone Wars Volume 7: When They Were Brothers she comandeers a medical ship and escapes. But we don't find out where, which is a shame, because I'm interested and want to know how her story ends.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
The Brain wrote:

In Star Wars comic Clone Wars Volume 7: When They Were Brothers she comandeers a medical ship and escapes. But we don't find out where, which is a shame, because I'm interested and want to know how her story ends.

Right, but I mean there's another event where she attempts to ambush Anakin on Coruscant, sometime after the clones have donned Phase II armor. Anakin nearly kills her by blasting her into some exposed electrical wiring in the Lower City area, and she narrowly manages to escape and survive, after Anakin leaves her for dead. After that she supposedly found some transport to the Outer Rim, so she could live in peace, and have control over her own life.
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
AJayIrish wrote:

AJay

You might be thinking of these guys, who as far as I can remember are un-named. Or maybe Alpha, who Anakin and Obi Wan hung out with in the comics. (The only reason I know that is I got the Hasbro comic 2-pack with Obi Wan and the ARC.)

The ARC leading those Blue ARC's was Captain Fordo. Blue stands for Lieutenant with ARC's. And Fordo is Red for Captain.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: