FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First AFOL event in Romania

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: First AFOL event in Romania Reply with quote

As you might know, I am from Romania. And as one of the very few AFOLs from this country, and only active MOCer, I have decided to start raising awareness towards this toy we all love, by organizing the first ever AFOL LEGO even in Romania.
Preparations for this event have started months ago, and now things have been smoothed out, I'm proud to announce it.

The event will run in my city of Cluj-Napoca. Two weeks from now, December, from 3rd to 7th ( total five days) the last two days we will have some amazing contests and fun activities. Visiting hours will be from 10 a.m. to 18 p.m. , and I will personally be there to watch over the event and socialize with people.

It might not seem as a big deal to many of you, there is no way to describe the importance of this event in relation with the country and the type of mentality that prevails here. I am confident that this will open minds and generate some smiles along the way. And who knows, I might even meet some of you if you have the time to drop by.

For any extra information don't hesitate to contact me.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do my best to attend, but I'm not making any promises... Wink

Nah, this is great that you are so involved in drawing out the other potential FOLs in your area. I hope it goes well (I'm sure you'll have a blast, if you find the time to relax and enjoy it).

Also, what's the story on those posters you mentioned before? They a part of this or have I got some wires crossed? I'm eager to see what you came up with for them as well... Very Happy
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don. Yes, the posters are for this event... but I'm behind schedule with them, I still have to finish the ones with space and train/town. Very Happy The few of us exhibiting stuff at the event are doing our best with collections and MOCs, but we still need more to attract attention, that's why I came up with the posters.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best of luck! Hope you get a good turnout and everything goes smoothly!

-John

Be sure to upload some pics after!
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig man, but don't forget the thug rap. Chunk the deuce and go hard, yo. Sizzle it.

- Juhns

Be sure to hook your bros with some pics later yo.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: