FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

375 Castle + 383 King's Tournament SOLD!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCspeed34

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: 375 Castle + 383 King's Tournament SOLD! Reply with quote

I can't believe I could ever get my hands on one of these, but I did, and it is time to pass it on. I am the sets second owner, and it has only been built twice to my knowledge. These pieces are in incredible condition for their age. I was amazed when I first opened the taped up boxes.

So what do we have here? The original 375 Castle set. This was before molded horses folks! This set is in amazing condition and is 100% complete! All the stickers have been applied and are also in fantastic condition. No discoloration at all! Smile Instructions are in excellent shape. The box with the plastic insert is in good condition and is included as well. The average price on BrickLink is $255, so I am asking just $180 for this amazing and quite historical set.

And we can't forget the equally awesome 383 Knight's Tournament! Like the Castle, this set is in incredible condition, with not a hint of discoloration. Again all pieces are included, from the green tree to the knight's visor! Instructions in excellent condition and box in good condition. There is no priceguide for this set, and applicable sales start from $200 and up! I am asking $120 for this set.

I also have a very large amount of knights from the same era that I will throw in if you purchase both sets! I would say there are about 6-7 extra knights.

I am on the FBTB Straight Shooter List with an impressive feedback rating
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=4782

Shipping will be calculated upon inquiry. Due to the size of the package, I would really like to keep this a North American sale only. I accept PayPal (please add 3% if using this, to cover charges) or USPS money orders. You can PM me if you are interested.

Pictures coming tomorrow, thanks for looking! (And keep checking, since I may be adding more classic sets such as classic space and town very soon!)

EDIT: PRICES DROPPED FOR EXPEDITED SALE!

Last edited by BCspeed34 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
ufjason

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the original 383 also, though disassembled and loved that set as a kid. They always held a special place in my kingdom until the new armored knights came and then they became the king's old guard.
BCspeed34

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was a pretty cool set. Great use of patterns back then, especially for the horses.

Now, I couldn't find my good camera, but here are some shots that I took anyhow:

375 Castle (I did not take out the figures for display. They have actually never been touched by my hands! They have been bagged up for who knows how long)

Other pictures:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BCspeed34/Castle/110_9149.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BCspeed34/Castle/110_9154.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BCspeed34/Castle/110_9155.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BCspeed34/Castle/110_9156.jpg

And the 383 Knight's Tournament:

Back of box:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BCspeed34/Castle/110_9148.jpg

If you need any more specific info or picture, pleas let me know. I think I covered everything!
Gumby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM coming your way...
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, Knight's Tournament - that takes me back. Smile

Looking at the picture, I have to say that it was really a good set. I remember building and rebuilding and rebuilding that set a lot, and it taught me a lot.

A few things that stick out:
The 'ears' on the horses - I'm surprised they used this very non-standard (but extremely usefull) technique!
Overhanging 'tarp' on both the stand and the horses. Teaches kids that you can build 'down' as well as building up.

And red pigtail hair! Man, I'm gonna have to dig those figures out...

Sorry - not interested in buying but I just felt like reminiscing. Smile
BCspeed34

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly alright, vintage LEGO (in good condition) beats whatever is on the shelf today.

Also, items are currently pending sale!
ufjason

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember the Knight's Procession set 677? It was the first one I had and my brother was the one that got the Knights Tournament. Damn I'm old, but seeing these takes me back 27 years! Glad someone became the new owner. I'm considering rebuilding that castle in another color with the instructions.
BCspeed34

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it turns out that the extra Knights were actually set 677! Very Happy

Also folks, keep an eye peeled. I will probably have some Classic Space for sale, and possible some town sets, all from late 70's to early 80's in good condition.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: