FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars Prequels: The Good Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Maul was the best Sith this side of Darth Vader. He should have been the apprentice through all three movies. I was extremely disappointed when he died in the first movie.

Maul's duel with Obi-Wan/Qui Gon was the best lightsaber battle of all the movies, even better than Luke/Vader from ESB.

The space battle over Coruscant was pretty cool, but was too short. I would have been happier with more capital ship engagements.

Seeing Jar Jar get shredded by that squad of clones during the Purge was so satisfying. The way he was thrown around by the successive shots of their rifles... unmercifully... with extreme prejudice... loved it. LOVED IT.
Zombifox
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:

Nine days is the minimum length of ROTS. It could be anywhere from nine to thirty days. Consider that Padme was already quite a bit pregnant and was hiding it for her job, along with the likelyhood of it being premature, that isn't hard to believe.

Yeah i know it probably wasnt 9 days, but the whole padme pregnancy thing was a little fishy. anyway this is a prequel trilogy praising thread so:

- Actual land battles (not that Endor 10 vs 30 stuff)
- Jedi and by the barrel load
- little to no jar jar in episode 2 and 3

and yes knapplc, that jar jar being shot up by the clones was a great scene Wink
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cello Collin wrote:
C80, if you want to be technical, the last part would end with the passing of Luke from Obi-Wan to Beru and Lars.

Just sayin'.

That it would, that it would.

I think the best duel in the Prequels was the Greivous duel; it was very intricate, what with the sudden pursuit with Boga and the Wheelbike, and the ending was very classic, and Ewan McGregor was just the actor for it.
BloodZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:

That it would, that it would.

I think the best duel in the Prequels was the Greivous duel; it was very intricate, what with the sudden pursuit with Boga and the Wheelbike, and the ending was very classic, and Ewan McGregor was just the actor for it.

I agree with you, although that duel was pretty short. He actually fought Grievous Lightsaber to Lightsaber, for what, a minute or two?

The Good Stuff

-The Droids
-The Vehicles
-Battle of Coruscant (Space)
-Duel of the Fates (Awesome song)
-Maul vs Obi-wan and Qui-gon

And many more.

Eh? What's that you say?
Drock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-New lightsaber variations (double-bladed, curved hilt, purple blade, using two or even four at a time).

-Finally understanding what in the world the Clone War was (after being mentioned in passing in Episode IV).

-Hearing Vader's first breath through the mask.

-Seeing Beru holding baby Luke watching the binary sunset - and how it brought the series full circle.
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, the first thing that comes to mind is Hayden Christensen.

Sure, he's a mediocre actor, but he is a hottie.

Also, prettiful actors/actresses such as Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, women jedi, Liam Neeson, etc.

『 <3 』
Al

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I pretty much grew up on the prequels, so there is little that I actually dislike about them.

One thing in particular I liked were C-3PO's ironic puns throughout the arena battle in Attack of the Clones.

"Oh, this is such a drag!"
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:

Seeing Jar Jar get shredded by that squad of clones during the Purge was so satisfying. The way he was thrown around by the successive shots of their rifles... unmercifully... with extreme prejudice... loved it. LOVED IT.

When did this wonderful thing happen? Surprised I don't remember this miracle.
Nova

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Ewan McGregor was a wonderful Obi-wan for me and even though Hayden Christensen does get slammed a lot for his portrayal of Vader I still like him especially in Episode III. He became very dark in places yet the sweetness that is Anakin was still able to shine through at times.

- The tie-ins to the old movies was great. It made me remember some key moments in the old films and appreciate them more.

- The music. Star Wars music has been very important to my enjoyment of the films and the prequels added some very powerful stuff. Not so much in Episode I (other than Duel of the Fates) but Episode II was pretty good and I really love the dark and emotional pieces throughout Episode III.

- Episode III is my favorite. I can enjoy a feel-good movie but when a movie isn't all roses and rainbows I tend to identify with it more and it has more of an impact.

- Learning about Padme. I always wondered what Leia's mother would have been like from her meager description. Padme was beautiful, smart and daring just like her daughter. No, she wasn't a kick-butt go-getter all the time but that just made her more human to me.

- Vader being born in his suit. My husband and I rarely see movies in the theater but this was one of those times when I just had to see it on the big screen. When the mask came down, the helmet slipped on and the smoke dispersed with that first tortured breath, I had goose-bumps.

Yes, the prequels have problems but nothing is perfect and I have come to enjoy them all in whatever way I can. It gave me 3 more movies to add to my Star Wars world and I'm grateful.
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
- Ewan McGregor was a wonderful Obi-wan for me and even though Hayden Christensen does get slammed a lot for his portrayal of Vader I still like him especially in Episode III. He became very dark in places yet the sweetness that is Anakin was still able to shine through at times.

- The music. Star Wars music has been very important to my enjoyment of the films and the prequels added some very powerful stuff. Not so much in Episode I (other than Duel of the Fates) but Episode II was pretty good and I really love the dark and emotional pieces throughout Episode III.

You're absoluely right about Ewan McGregor, I think he nailed the part of Obi-wan. I really think he fit as a younger Alec McGuinness.
I also agree with you on the music, if one thing has remained constant throughout the series, its the music. John Williams is great.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: