FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the heck do I do with 359.92 worth of Lego?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, perhaps my story wasn't worth mentioning. Rolling Eyes I wouldn't advise anyone to bother posting a list of their Christmas presents on here come Christmas Day (whatever they get). Our younger members may feel the need to accuse them of "bragging". Rolling Eyes Let's hope nobody wins a helicopter ride!! Laughing Jealousy really does ruin the best things in life. Internet forums, friendships and marriages. Rolling Eyes
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just refer to me as one of the younger members? I guess I'm younger than some people. And no, TM, I'm not jealous of you, I'm just a little annoyed by your self-absorbed delusions. My point was that the only logical reason you could have for this thread is to tell people you got a bunch of free stuff (Which for whatever reason you decided to break down into dollar figures) because we can't really give you any ideas on what to do with it that you can't come up with on your own. The thread I would have liked to have seen is a thread asking for suggestions of noble causes that you could give some extra sets that you acquired to, without actually outright saying that you got 600 bucks worth. I'm not sure how this thread has ruined Internet forums, or even marriages. As for friendships, I'm pretty sure I've never talked to you before, so I think we're good. Your story could be worth posting, but there's definitely a better way than "Oh gosh, what am I to do with all this spare LEGO?" Surely as a living, breathing entity on Earth you can see how this could be regarded as a way to promote one's own ego.

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.

Last edited by ThePlasticJedi on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how half the threads on here end in an argument (even more ironic that I'm the one pointing it out) Wink
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm *this* close to locking.

Be civil people. Whether you question Master's intentions with this thread or not, the vast majority of the comments have been on topic and polite. KEEP IT THAT WAY.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]

Last edited by Chief on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my oldest brother has lived in Japan for about 8 yrs. Every once in a while I send a box of goodies that you can only get in North America and/or are extremely expensive to buy there. So wait a few weeks and then email him saying thank you thank you thank you thank you! Then ask him what he wants from home that he can't get there. Bottle of Pims maybe? Laughing
Scientist at Play [VET]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was me on the receiving end of this very generous gift, I'd keep a few of the sets for myself (after all the giver wanted me to have them, right ?) and give the rest to a local 'good cause' - a children's hospital or hospice, children's home /orphanage, or other local charity. That way I could help spread my friend's generosity even further & know that I was helping out people less fortunate than myself in the coming season of good will.

Ian
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or host a long need contest on FBTB. You be the Judge. Unlimited Entries. And put those "You're just Bragging" folks in their place. Laughing Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He obviously put some thought into getting those for you and imagine how he would feel if he found out you sold them. I would be gutted. If it was me. I would just build them and have fun. If you are truly desperate to remove some then maybe give 1 of each away to someone else who enjoys Lego.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect your morals, that guilt is something I feel too sometimes. I like the idea of giving the money to charity, more than one of each set does seem a bit ott if you don't feel the need for them. I'd happily pay you for a republic gunship, the entertainer, argos, and toys' r' us have all sold out, and it's doing my head in.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was worth mentioning. If there was no jealousy and everyone stopped trying to get under your skin while making it look like it's your fault maybe this thread wouldn't be that close to locking.

Anyway, what with the battle packs coming out, I'd say keep the larties and one, maybe both AT-TEs, and do what you want with the V-19s.

I would just return both V-19s and get $100(pardon the alternate termage) to get ten battle packs with. Wink

You'll have plenty of AT-TE gunners and a plentiful supply of CW clones.

Invest... Invest in Clone Wars clones... Wink
Darth yoda
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it really all depends on how much you like clones... Wink
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I'm fairly sure the staff will back me up on this, but keep the whole clone-buying-as-much-as-possible-crazed-obsessions and spammy retorts to the other place, OK? Wink
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderJake wrote:
Guys, I'm fairly sure the staff will back me up on this, but keep the whole clone-buying-as-much-as-possible-crazed-obsessions and spammy retorts to the other place, OK? Wink

Well, like I said(or at least meant to say), he should really do what he wants with it. I'm just offering a suggestion to him. Wink

He could sell them on eBay and maybe get a profit, or maybe keep them under wraps and bring em' out when they're rare, or build them for display quality!

There's a whole host of things to do, and it all depends on what HE wants. Smile
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like we're asking really deep questions here, is it? This isn't exactly "are we alone in the universe," right? Do what makes you happy...whether that be keeping it, donating it, selling it, re-gifting it or baking it in a shepherd's pie.
MightyMegs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiba wrote:
He obviously put some thought into getting those for you and imagine how he would feel if he found out you sold them. I would be gutted.

Exactly.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: